What's new

How good are the SSG's

Some pics of PAF SSW with FN hardware and other stuff.

a4c4d84ce4bc9ab0f2bbbb5eaa3e6e98.jpg

7b7f96a5e0eb8ea3e74781ade5e02c2c.jpg

08263ed9ab613622c4346ca9a199fcd6.jpg

81810e7dd5e1cded7977d8ef2ca7b9b6.jpg

Hope this works!

1st, 2nd and 3rd pics you can see the FN 5.7mm weapon clearly.

Champ,

I believe Echo is right. FN has been in use of the PAF Special Service Wing. Let me see if I can find a picture or something.
Ok my Fault, :)

Nice Weapon Indeed.

Regards
Champ

I cant see them Blain.

Regards
Wilco

Champ check again. Hopefully it will work this time around.

have there been many missions conducted by the ssgn?

Hey Blain,

The only thing that I can see are those massive beards on the first three pictures.

There was nothing bad, All was good according to situation. & F2000 is not used by Any of Pakistani services.

Regards
Champ

They do use it. It has even been posted just click on my link that I posted before. Go down to where it says verients you'll see a picture and then go down to usage around the world and You will see that they have execpted the weapon into service along with others assautl rifles.

Here I will try to post the picture. This weapon

sorry if the picture does not show so here is the link agian.

FN F2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Echo, Please expand on the statement "SSG had a bad when it came to Lal Musjad"..I would also like to understand the criteria you have used to judge this operation.

I was not trying to say anything negative about the SSG its that along with the people holding up the Musjad we also lost men and even had some of our own captured but were eventually realised. Also I say this because bad politics were involved. They were unable to perform at maximum because they constantly had to hold back which also led downword. That is what I ment.

And besides like someone else said every special forces has had a bad day. US delta and rangers when it came to Somilia in 1991. Russia With the hold up at the theater with chechnya where more then 100 people died and so on.

I was not trying to say anything negative about the SSG its that along with the people holding up the Musjad we also lost men and even had some of our own captured but were eventually realised. Also I say this because bad politics were involved. They were unable to perform at maximum because they constantly had to hold back which also led downword. That is what I ment.

And besides like someone else said every special forces has had a bad day. US delta and rangers when it came to Somilia in 1991. Russia With the hold up at the theater with chechnya where more then 100 people died and so on.

But the point I am trying to make is that tactically, the mission was as good a success as any other SF operation. Given the size of the area involved, the number of combatants, the performance of the SSG despite 8 casualties was well above average. They conducted the operation as well as any other first world SF would have done if not better.

There is no doubt about the capability of SSG. LM operation was a good operation that was lead from the front by the commanders themselves. It was very difficult to identify the terrorists among the students as they had no difference in appearances compared to students. Don't forget that Terrorists were very well prepared and equiped and they were in their own den . Yes one can always debate about reasons of preparedness of terrorists that why and how they were able to attain that degree of preparedness, why they were left to do what ever they wanted for number of years.

the ssgs have had quite a few operations to date, but have the ssgn ever had any combat missions?

the ssgs have had quite a few operations to date, but have the ssgn ever had any combat missions?

Many, many combat operations. Too many to recount here. 65, 71, Siachen, Kargil..all have seen SSG elements involved in combat operations.

well accoding to the history of ssg they didnt perform according to our expectation
thats not cause of the way they are trained but cause of the ways they were use
you dont drop 150 soilders in enemy terratory in a rush with out giving them proper intel about the areas
still there performance in the islamabad children rescuse (if you know wat i mean that school bus that was hijacked by some afghan norther allience guys)
and in siachen and kargil is very impressive
ALSO THEY STORMED AN AIR craft hijacked by BLA and freed every one that was a good show
but here is the whole record
Military Operations
The SSG were first used in 1965 in the state of Jammu & Kashmir. Codenamed Operation Gibraltar, their aim was continued reconnaissance, sabotage of Indian Military facilities and eventual liberation of Kashmir from Indian control. This Operation was a failure after the infiltrators were discovered and nearly 4,000[4] - 8,000[5] - 8,000[6] Pakistani troops including several SSG personnel were either killed or captured. India also attacked Pakistan in retaliation for trying to instigate uprisings, thus sparking the Second Kashmir War.
As the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 broke out, the SSG was used as a full-fledged unit with unimpressive results. The SSG commandos, numbering approx. 180, were airdropped into Indian territory with the intention of sabotaging these airbases in Western India. However, due to poor planning and lack of information about the targets (3 Indian Airbases), it ended in failure. The Indian troops managed to detect and foil the attempt, capturing most of the intruders (~160) and killing some SSG personnel in the process. Only around 20 commandos managed to make it back to Pakistan.
In the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971 they were once again used, this time in assistance to regular infantry units and for non-conventional and rescue operations. SSG conducted what would be considered to be "classic special forces missions" against Indian forces during this war. Eventually faced against massive political and military onslaught in East Pakistan, the SSG could do little in turning the tide of war. Some of the SSG troops were also known to have committed acts of indiscipline and unofficer-like behaviour during the war.[7] Of note is that Pervez Musharraf commanded a company of commandos during the war.
The SSG was active in Afghanistan in the 1980s during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, conducting different type of covert and direct action missions. Again when the balance of power shifted, it led some covert operations against the very Afghan government (Taliban) that Pakistan (along with Saudi Arabia and UAE) had once aided, this time as part of the allied forces in operation Enduring Freedom. The SSG has aided in the capture of many senior Al Qaeda leaders, most notably Abu Zubaida and Khalid Shaikh Mohammed and conducts regular operations as part of the Pakistani Special Operations Task Force in the Tribal Areas of North West Pakistan.
The SSG has also conducted many operations in Siachen Glacier against Indian positions. The most noted one took place in 1987 when Pervez Musharraf (then Brigadier) orchestrated an SSG unit assault on Indian posts, but was eventually beaten back.[8] In 1995, SSG troops attempted once again to wrest control of an outpost held by the Sikh battalion, Indian Army, but were repulsed back, suffering 40 casualties.[9]
In addition, some covert Operations in United Nations Military missions in Bosnia Herzegovina, Somalia and Sierra Leone have also been executed by SSG operators.
The involvement in the Kargil War involved early gains which were later lost due to political pressure and Indian military attacks, resulting in the eventual retreat of Pakistani forces to the Line of Control.

Counter-Terrorism Operations
On September 1986, Pan Am Flight 73 was hi-jacked by four Palestinian terrorists while it was re-fueling in Karachi. As negotiations stalled and the terrorists started to kill the passengers, the SSG stormed the plane. The SSG killed 1 hijacker and captured the rest. However, 21 passengers died and over a hundred were injured. Many inadequacies within the SSG regarding such missions were revealed and were later addressed.[1]
On February 1994, Afghan hijackers took over a school bus with 74 children and 8 teachers because they wanted the Pakistan government to re-open the Pakistan-Afghanistan border and improve conditions of the Afghan refugee camps. They drove to the Afghan mission in Islamabad where they released 57 students but kept 16 boys and the teachers. The negotiations lead to nowhere and it was decided to free the hostages by force. The Pakistani authorities had somehow managed to inform the children of the impending raid.[1] The SSG commandos used a secondary explosion as a distraction and entered the room at the Afghan embassy where the hostages were being held, killing the three hijackers.[1]
On May 1998, three members of the Baluchistan Students Federation took over a PIA Fokker plane because they were angry at the government for conducting nuclear tests in Baluchistan. As negotiations dragged, the SSG commandos rushed the plane and apprehended all 3 hijackers. None of the passengers were harmed during the assault.
On July 2007, the SSG was the main assault force which re-took the Lal Masjid from Islamic Extremists. The SSG suffered 11 killed and 33 wounded.[10] On September 13, 2007 a suicide bomber killed at least 20 personnel of the SSG and injured dozens others at the Officers’ Mess of the sensitive cantonment area of Tarbela-Ghazi.[11] The blast has reported to been a vendetta attack by the Islamic fundamentalists who were attacked in the Red Mosque siege in July.[12] According to reliable sources a civilian wearing a white cap with a long beard walked with his bicycle towards the SSG mess and blew himself up there
Special Service Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but keep in mind it was not a flaw on the part of the soilders it was a flaw on the part of the planners who deployed a hand full of ssg men and expected them to do wonders
one must keep some things in mind
altho ssg are the best soilders but they are humans after all
so dont expect them to do mericals

Back
Top Bottom