What's new

How do we make PDF better?

No they are not. ! You have to go to individual threads to check out the results !
Isn't that what he's asking? How to see polls, I replied saying poll featuring threads are where you can see polls. Unless there's something else.

To: @WebMaster

There is currently only one active Chinese TT in the forum, I recommend adding at least one more TT to cope with an increasing number of Chinese members. The recommended incumbent is @TaiShang who is well mannered, knowledgeable in geopolitical affairs and actively participating in the forum.

Thanks!

@Shotgunner51

Not only TTs, new International Mods for the China & Far East section are long overdue as Hu Songshan can't keep it clean alone.

Thank you, my friend, for your support.

I would think there are a number of members from the Chinese community that would deserve a TT title for their contribution on various fields related to China and the larger geopolitics.

Firstly yourself, I am especially impressed at your analyses on economics and finance (China's, regional and international). Your focus on China's connectivity projects is also very in-depth and impressive.

@Martian2 has impressive analyses on development, geopolitics and military tech.

@AndrewJin has literally initiated a new debate PDF on the issue of transportation development in China.

@cirr and @cnleio , I am surprised why they are still merely members because whatever military-related news from China, it is them that provide the least accessible info.

In fact, so many members that are extremely analytical, empirical and go beyond mere opinions in their critical thinking.

Tranquilium and Genesis are also sensible members worth mentioning for a promotion.

Absolutely.

That's why I no longer post well-prepared threads. I find inflaming threads more popular on PDF, one-liner get positive rating, but inspiring threads no response.

What a shame, I highly enjoy reading your content and you better keep it up, lest trolls gain the upper hand. :P On a serious note, there's no need to feel obliged, especially when real life commitments are way more important. :angel:

I think there are about 7 tta's and 1 professional, and time to time members are added to the list and removed from the list...If you are hinting at an Indian mod, then the policy is clear.... Even if webby changes the policy it won't work, for the reasons mentioned by @MilSpec

Hi Sir,

Will it be possible to induct few Indian members too as the Indian Defense and Central & south Asia attracts a lot of Indian posters. At present i believe the numbers of title holders are limited for Indian members too. It would be beneficial as topics are getting diversified interests from Military to Economics to Politics to Sports. With present active members like @nair @MilSpec @AUSTERLITZ @SpArK the load of threads and posters seems a bit too high.. Would request you to consider adding 1 or possibly 2 more to ease the load.. The above Indian Title Holders can help you search a good possible candidates who can become a valuable asset to the team. That will also act as a first line of control before moderators come in reducing their workload too.

Thanks a lot in advance..

I think there are about 7 tta's and 1 professional, and time to time members are added to the list and removed from the list...If you are hinting at an Indian mod, then the policy is clear.... Even if webby changes the policy it won't work, for the reasons mentioned by @MilSpec
i disagree there should be AT LEAST an indian int'l mod with powers to lock/unlock threads, delete posts, but this should only be restricted to the indian section. and not to mention ban members from the indian defence section only.
@WebMaster @Horus what do you guys think?
if there is a chinese and iranian int'l mod then they should be an indian mod too. this will also make indian users feel that they have somone to speak to to raise issues. i think @SpArK is a mod on another forum.

What a shame, I highly enjoy reading your content and you better keep it up, lest trolls gain the upper hand. :P On a serious note, there's no need to feel obliged, especially when real life commitments are way more important.

Thanks! I didn't know enough about PDF when I joined a year ago so I wrote unpopular threads about geopolitics or geoeconomics. Anyway I did it for fun only so that's fine, and it's good to have made a few friends from Pakistan and other parts of the world including you.

Not only TTs, new International Mods for the China & Far East section are long overdue as Hu Songshan can't keep it clean alone.

The last thing pdf needs is a bunch of trolls getting to be a mod :lol:

It was the most frequent advert that i used to see but now when i have complained it seems it has wiped out , if i see it again i will post a pic . Its bold red letters in urdu with white background
And thank you for hearing me out

What does it look like? Can you post it so i can remove.

It was the most frequent advert that i used to see but now when i have complained it seems it has wiped out , if i see it again i will post a pic . Its bold red letters in urdu with white background
And thank you for hearing me out

If you find an ad offensive, be active in reporting the ad and take a screenshot and send to webmaster !

@AndrewJin has literally initiated a new debate PDF on the issue of transportation development in China.
You can count on my vote (if there is such a thing), for my support to @AndrewJin
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess recently there has been a flood of threads opened on basis of some sort of tweet or unconfirmed weblog or some silly print / social media reporting, which eventually leads to Troll festivals and mindless mud slinging.
I'm not sure what average age of members at PDF is, but certainly reading several posts makes one feel embarrassed. People often show little consideration for respect towards religious faith, ethnicity and most importantly freedom of speech.
A lot of times point people are trying to put across is, which is lesser evil of two.
Last year on an economy thread, a member openly posted extremely vulgar remarks over a particular lady member almost unabated. To me it was the most shameful of any instances ever.
May be something needs to be done about it. keeping interactions civil is first rule for debates to be enriching, is what was taught to me in school. But a lot of time has past since then and i'm not sure, if the teaching holds any merit today.
Lets resolve to keep this forum clean.

@WebMaster @waz @WAJsal @Horus @Slav Defence

We should have a separate section for one on one Debates with 10 judges .
No other person allowed to post in that thread .

After 4 rounds of Opinion ( Opinion = 4 comments related to Topic ) Judges can Vote and decide the winner .
Thread will be active for a week .

I actually like this debate Idea , but only include people with knowledge

After 4 rounds of Opinion ( Opinion = 4 comments related to Topic ) Judges can Vote and decide the winner .

I guess Horus had already tried this idea in Senior's cafe sometime back.

I actually like this debate Idea , but only include people with knowledge
Yup
gymnastic-pink-mouse-emoticon.gif
I got this idea from debate.org

I guess Horus had already tried this idea in Senior's cafe sometime back.
Oh !
cry-pink-mouse-emoticon.gif
I got this Idea from debate.org

Back
Top Bottom