What's new

How do we make PDF better?

To the degree possible, PDF should concentrate on cultivating and promoting moderators. If there are suitable candidates among the TTAs, they should be promoted (I've always seen the TTAs as the first stepping stone on the path to moderator, but perhaps I have been mistaken). Among veteran users, serious consideration for promotion should be given to those who have displayed a calm, rational disposition, able to take abuse without retaliating.

For a discussion forum with the number of users that PDF has, and the volume of posts, 15 or so staff members no longer seems sufficient in order to keep the quality of the site high.

Thread ban terrorism is getting out of hand. When you can't win the argument just apply a thread ban- reason trolling. :lol:

Exhibit: Modi's 'Mad Dog Posture' - Credible threat or a populist farce?

It's impossible to view from the outside whether any thread bans were justified or not (since I cannot see which posts caused the ban), but it is troubling that an administrator of the site would start a thread designed to draw in trolls.

Perhaps a professional guideline should be introduced such that staff members should recuse themselves from moderation duty for threads in which they are participants, to avoid conflict of interest (i.e. using moderation powers to win arguments).

The other important point to keep in mind is the the staff is human, and this is a Pakistani website, so expectations should be managed accordingly.

Hi,

Webby---an individual is a nobody until and unless projected by many---. A group finds a direction---finds a 'willing' pointman and projects him and pushes him forward and makes him the mouthpiece.
I like that..might have to steal this line!

Troll the trolls by adding functionality that post of trolls should be visible to them only - Imagine what will be their situation when none will be replying their posts and no fallow troll will be thanking their posts. After extreme frustration because of being ignored they will commit suicide which ultimately will improve the quality. :pop:
Thats a very good suggestion.....I also think they need not know they were banned at all....Nobody can see his/her posts except the Troll.

Last edited:
It's impossible to view from the outside whether any thread bans were justified or not (since I cannot see which posts caused the ban), but it is troubling that an administrator of the site would start a thread designed to draw in trolls.

Perhaps a professional guideline should be introduced such that staff members should recuse themselves from moderation duty for threads in which they are participants, to avoid conflict of interest (i.e. using moderation powers to win arguments).

The other important point to keep in mind is the the staff is human, and this is a Pakistani website, so expectations should be managed accordingly.

Troubling? Hardly, only to be expected. Now let's move on before my post is deleted again. :D

Not one specific post, just general embarrassment of losing an argument. BTW if you observed that particular admin you wouldn't be shocked or troubled, trust me!

This is not a place for constructive suggestion, you are wasting your time.

Last edited:
That's Pakistani hospitality. Of course, an alien concept for most Indians
Not true!...I truely respect some members on PDF...also PDF is a very informative forum for me. I did not know much about Pakistan or SA or China, until I joined here and found it quite amusing how we actually spew hatred but at the same time joke with each other as well.
My suggestion is have a few Moderators who take care of their own countrymen who troll..a new title call Troll Moderator. They would all report any trolling or answer any bias showed directly to a set of Super Moderators(Who can be Moderators from Pakistan)....!

Not one specific post, just general embarrassment of losing an argument. BTW if you observed that particular admin you wouldn't be shocked or troubled, trust me!

This is not a place for constructive suggestion, you are wasting your time.

I only participate in a few specific sections of PDF, and I have been around for fewer than 6 months, so I haven't been able to make clear assessments about the staff, yet. That said, if it turns out to be as bad as you imply, I will simply move on--there are other sites to discuss such matters.

I only participate in a few specific sections of PDF, and I have been around for fewer than 6 months, so I haven't been able to make clear assessments about the staff, yet. That said, if it turns out to be as bad as you imply, I will simply move on--there are other sites to discuss such matters.
Its hard for me to say this...But presently PDF is one of the best around. Hats off to the PDF Moderators for keeping it together.
I am sure they are doing the best they can....You can absolutely place a constructive suggestion, but make sure the audience you engage with think like you..if you know what I mean.

Lemme know too, please. :D

Its hard for me to say this...But presently PDF is one of the best around. Hats off to the PDF Moderators for keeping it together.
I am sure they are doing the best they can....You can absolutely place a constructive suggestion, but make sure the audience you engage with think like you..if you know what I mean.

Hi,

You are right---this is one of the best website around-----. And as big a jack off @WebMaster is----I have always praised him for the freedom of speech except for no pm amongst members and few other things.

Hi,

You are right---this is one of the best website around-----. And as big a jack off @WebMaster is----I have always praised him for the freedom of speech except for no pm amongst members and few other things.

It was a good website. Has been ruined by trolls, mostly from other side of the border.

Back
Top Bottom