What's new

How do people view Islamic organizations in Pakistan from the outside

My Views? Salman taseer killer should be killed or pardoned as per Salman taseer family wishes. It's a simple issue of Qisaas. He killed him without any evidences.

My views on Blasphemy law are, Since it is not discussed in Quran. There is no clear cut Hadeeth in Islam about Blasphemy laws, but are incidents when Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) migrated to Madina. Based upon my understanding and conduct of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) in Makkah and Madina , I want blasphemy laws to be like this.

Put suspect in front of Judge. If there are no evidences and just hearsay from people. Make him swear on his holy book that he is not lying than declare It's now matter b/w Allah and this man, He will deal with him.

1. If man admits he did it by mistake or unintentional , He should be forgiven for his first mistake, as a person is mannequin of mistakes and based on the conduct of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) in Makkah where he used to forgive people who throw garbage on Him (PBUH) or Those who put camel tripe on his back when he used to pray

If a man Denies and there are clear cut evidences of his transgression, We should do a Ijma and make a law which should infer limits from Zina for carrying out punishment , lik 4 pious muslims who saw it with their own eyes are required for to carry out punishment. Similar limits should be put on to carry out the punishment . He should be heavily fined or to be put in to Jail for a specified term. Or if the accusers can not bring forth proper evidences they should be meted out with the same sentence that of accused

If the person does it intentionally, Then step 2 punishment should be meted out to him

2. If same person repeats same thing once again or If he admits in first time he did it intentionally or if there was a clear cut evidence and he denied (lied) in first or second instance, He should be put in to jail for no less than 15-25 years and heavily fined based upon weather he admit it or denied it or did it unintentionally

3. In last case if that person does it for the third time, He should be killed.

Thank you for that detailed answer. One thing you ignored to mention is just how is this blasphemy to be defined that would lead to the death penalty if indulged in three times according to your 3 points?

Discounting the religious aspect of Sufism.....

If Knowledge > wisdom = A disaster coming.
If Wisdom > knowledge = Innovation. Dream. Passion to do more.

As humans, we won't really achieve a status where knowledge and wisdom becomes "finite" -Becoming some sort of idols in ourselves. Because God has structured this universe that way.

Something that was impossible and crazy to think 100 years ago is possible now.

However, the gates of attaining wisdom are closing...closing slowly.
After all, the events have to be shaped to bring about the final day.

Let's add more: killing of the minority Minister in Islamabad, targeted killings of Shia doctors, mass murder of the Hazaras, attack on the Qadiani mosque in Model Town, the list goes on and on. This whole society has gone mad.

Killing of innocent majority too. Unfortunately, the majority does not make up the news. For example, "10" Sunnis dead in Pakistan. How many times you hear that?

The problem within sects can only be solved if the prominent religious leaders want to. Education and employment plays a crucial role too. Don't forget the foreign movement to radicalize the local people. They want cheap labour too. And the local money-making elite.

Last edited:
Thank you for that detailed answer. One thing you ignored to mention is just how is this blasphemy to be defined that would lead to the death penalty if indulged in three times according to your 3 points?

Blasphemy is defined who abuses, passes rude comments or on Allah, Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) or all the Annbya who came before Him (PBUH) or doubts them they were such and such kind of persons.

If a person has doubt about his muslim believes, prophets or ALLAH or if he a non-muslim. He should consult qualified and certified aalims specifically groomed for task to handle and answer such queries with satisfaction. Uttering such doubts, thoughts in front of them would not be blasphemous, their task would be to guide them. If he is not satisfied, AALIM would request him to keep such thoughts to himself than. Like how therapy sessions occur.

There were NO ORDERS. WHAT PEOPLE DID, they acted alone and Prophet (PBUH) neither condoned them nor agreed with them. He remained silent.

Poet who was exiled from Madina and came back in Hazrat Usman (R.A) era , is another example of how Blasphemy law should be flexible and justify my point 2 that People should not be killed on first instance

You are not sticking to one point. The thread is about a specific entity in Pakistan Al Huda which you accused spreading radicalism and fanaticism without backing it up with instances of weather Al Huda in it's 10 year run ever produced one single radical person who caused Harm to society in any way.

Now you bring about the general society behaviour which has nothing to do with Al Huda Vs Society radicalization debate.
O Mr he send those man to kill on his orders he send the man to kill for GOD sake read some good seerat books you will know it he ordered and send the men to kill some time groups of men was sent some time individual I would soon give you detail in fact one was killed at Fatah e Makkah behind Galaf e Kaba he went to hide there Sahabas asked RASOOL SAW what to do he is hiding behind Galaf e Kaba so HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW ordered him to be killed right there

Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 59, Number 372:
Narrated Al-Bara:
Allah’s Apostle sent ‘Abdullah bin ‘Atik and ‘Abdullah bin ‘Utba with a group of men to Abu Rafi (to kill him). They proceeded till they approached his castle, whereupon Abdullah bin Atik said to them, “Wait (here), and in the meantime I will go and see.” ‘Abdullah said later on, “I played a trick in order to enter the castle. By chance, they lost a donkey of theirs and came out carrying a flaming light to search for it. I was afraid that they would recognize me, so I covered my head and legs and pretended to answer the call to nature. The gatekeeper called, ‘Whoever wants to come in, should come in before I close the gate.’ So I went in and hid myself in a stall of a donkey near the gate of the castle. They took their supper with Abu Rafi and had a chat till late at night. Then they went back to their homes. When the voices vanished and I no longer detected any movement, I came out. I had seen where the gate-
keeper had kept the key of the castle in a hole in the wall. I took it and unlocked the gate of the castle, saying to myself, ‘If these people should notice me, I will run away easily.’ Then I locked all the doors of their houses from outside while they were inside, and ascended to Abu Rafi by a staircase. I saw the house in complete darkness with its light off, and I could not know where the man was. So I called, ‘O Abu Rafi!’ He replied, ‘Who is it?’ I proceeded towards the voice and hit him. He cried loudly but my blow was futile. Then I came to him, pretending to help him, saying with a different tone of my voice, ‘ What is wrong with you, O Abu Rafi?’ He said, ‘Are you not surprised? Woe on your mother! A man has come to me and hit me with a sword!’ So again I aimed at him and hit him, but the blow proved futile again, and on that Abu Rafi cried loudly and his wife got up. I came again and changed my voice as if I were a helper, and found Abu Rafi lying straight on his back, so I drove the sword into his belly and bent on it till I heard the sound of a bone break. Then I came out, filled with astonishment and went to the staircase to descend, but I fell down from it and got my leg dislocated. I bandaged it and went to my companions limping. I said (to them), ‘Go and tell Allah’s Apostle of this good news, but I will not leave (this place) till I hear the news of his (i.e. Abu Rafi’s) death.’ When dawn broke, an announcer of death got over the wall and announced, ‘I convey to you the news of Abu Rafi’s death.’ I got up and proceeded without feeling any pain till I caught up with my companions before they reached the Prophet to whom I conveyed the good news.”
At the conquest of Makkah:
Holy prophet Mohammad (S.A.W) announced general amnesty to all except those who were guilty of blasphemous acts and sacrilegious statements, Ibn e Khatal was one of the convict (Tareekh-e-Tabari Page 104 / History written by Al Tabari) This is evident from the following Hadith.
Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 59, Number 582:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
On the day of the Conquest, the Prophet entered Mecca, wearing a helmet on his head. When he took it off, a man came and said, “Ibn e Khatal is clinging to the curtain of the Ka’ba.” The Prophet said, “Kill him.”
Sahih Bukahri Volume 5, Book 59, Number 369:
Narrated Jabir bin ‘Abdullah:
Allah’s Apostle said, “Who is willing to kill Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?” Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, “O Allah’s Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?” The Prophet said, “Yes,” Muhammad bin Maslama said, “Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). “The Prophet said, “You may say it.” Then Muhammad bin Maslama went to Kab and said, “That man (i.e. Muhammad demands Sadaqa (i.e. Zakat) from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you.” On that, Kab said, “By Allah, you will get tired of him!” Muhammad bin Maslama said, “Now as we have followed him, we do not want to leave him unless and until we see how his end is going to be. Now we want you to lend us a camel load or two of food.”
(Some difference between narrators about a camel load or two.) Kab said, “Yes, (I will lend you), but you should mortgage something to me.” Muhammad bin Mas-lama and his companion said, “What do you want?” Ka’b replied, “Mortgage your women to me.” They said, “How can we mortgage our women to you and you are the most handsome of the ‘Arabs?” Ka’b said, “Then mortgage your sons to me.” They said, “How can we mortgage our sons to you? Later they would be abused by the people’s saying that so-and-so has been mortgaged for a camel load of food. That would cause us great disgrace, but we will mortgage our arms to you. “Muhammad bin Maslama and his companion promised Kab that Muhammad would return to him. He came to Kab at night along with Kab’s foster brother, Abu Na’ila. Kab invited them to come into his fort, and then he went down to them. His wife asked him, “Where are you going at this time?” Kab replied, “None but Muhammad bin Maslama and my (foster) brother Abu Na’ila have come.” His wife said, “I hear a voice as if dropping blood is from him, Ka’b said. “They are none but my brother Muhammad bin Maslama and my foster brother Abu Naila. A generous man should respond to a call at night even if invited to be killed.” Muhammad bin Maslama went with two men. (Some narrators mention the men as ‘Abu bin Jabr. Al Harith bin Aus and Abbad bin Bishr). So Muhammad bin Maslama went in together with two men, and sail to them, “When Ka’b comes, I will touch his hair and smell it, and when you see that I have got hold of his head, strip him. I will let you smell his head.” Kab bin Al-Ashraf came down to them wrapped in his clothes, and diffusing perfume. Muhammad bin Maslama said. “have never smelt a better scent than this. Ka’b replied. “I have got the best Arab women who know how to use the high class of perfume.” Muhammad bin Maslama requested Ka’b “Will you allow me to smell your head?” Ka’b said, “Yes.” Muhammad smelt it and made his companions smell it as well. Then he requested Ka’b again, “Will you let me (smell your head)?” Ka’b said, “Yes.” When Muhammad got a strong hold of him, he said (to his companions), “Get at him!” So they killed him and went to the Prophet and informed him. (Abu Rafi) was killed after Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf.”

• Punishment for Blasphemy in the Light of Religious Scriptures

The debate of repealing this law has come out of blue this time after 2-3 decades of legislation regarding. There are several opinions regarding this blasphemy act 295 (c) of the constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan. There are oodles of angles to this law, whether it be religious, democratic, political or human right.

We have gathered some evidences from the Quran, Hadith, Sunnah and history (compiled by historians) for the exact punishment for blasphemy. This will also answer the most asked question “What Muhammad (S.A.W) would have done?” “How he would have responded?” and many supplementary questions like “What Quran says?”, “Is there any evidence in Hadith?” and “What other religions say about blasphemy?”

Let’s start from a Quranic verse:

The above verse of Surah e Ahzab (Chapter 33:6) shows the right of a Allah’s Apostle Muhammad (S.A.W) on Muslims. It is clear from the word of GOD that Muhammad (S.A.W) has more right over our lives and closest of relations.

The following Reference of Holy Quran Chapter 4 V 65 was revealed when a man was beheaded by the Hazrat Umar (R.A) due to non compliance of judgment given by Holy prophet Mohammad (S.A.W).

Context of Revelation (Chapter 4, V 65):

Al-Hafiz Abu Ishaq Ibrahim bin `Abdur-Rahman bin Ibrahim bin Duhaym recorded that Damrah narrated that two men took their dispute to the Prophet , and he gave a judgment to the benefit of whoever among them had the right. The person who lost the dispute said, “I do not agree.” The other person asked him, “What do you want then” He said, “Let us go to Abu Bakr As-Siddiq.” They went to Abu Bakr and the person who won the dispute said, “We went to the Prophet with our dispute and he issued a decision in my favor.” Abu Bakr said, “Then the decision is that which theMessenger of Allah issued.” The person who lost the dispute still rejected the decision and said, “Let us go to `Umar bin Al-Khattab.” When they went to `Umar, the person who won the dispute said, “We took our dispute to the Prophet and he decided in my favor, but this man refused to submit to the decision.” `Umar bin Al-Khattab asked the second man and he concurred. `Umar went to his house and emerged from it holding aloft his sword. He struck the head of the man who rejected the
    Prophet’s decision with the sword and killed him.
    Consequently, Allah revealed, the aforementioned verse.[Context taken from Tafseer Ibn-e-Kathir]

Let’s get to another verse where Allah (SWT) announces the punishment for enemies (of ALLAH and His Apostle) and who so ever attributes disgrace to Allah and His Apostle Mohammad (S.A.W).

May we present another verse from the Quran where Allah immediately answers to the sacrilegious comment made by the blood relative (uncle) of Allah’s Apostle Mohammad (S.A.W).

Context of Revelation

Abu Lahab (Father of Flame) was the nickname of ‘Abd Al-’Uzza, the Holy Prophet’s uncle and his inveterate enemy and persecutor. He was so called either because his complexion and hair were ruddy or also because he had a fiery temper. The Surah recalls an incident during the early preaching of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W). On being commanded by Allah (S.W.T) to call together his relatives and to deliver to them the Divine Message, the Holy Prophet, one day, stood on mount Safa and called the different Meccan (Makkah’s) tribes by name, the tribes of Luwayy, Murrah, Kilab and Qusayy and his near relatives, and told them that he is God’s Messenger, and that if they did not accept his Message and did not give up their evil ways, Divine punishment would overtake them. The Holy Prophet had hardly his speech, when Abu Lahab stood up and said, ‘Ruin seize thee, is it for this that thou hast called us together’ (Bukhari).

Another precedent from the Holy Quran where Allah (SWT) directly replied to Waleed bin Mughaira, who called Mohammad (S.A.W) Majnoon (Insane) by uncovering the hidden truth regarding his illegitimate birth upon him.

Now let’s move to the evidences from Hadiths.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 59, Number 372:

Narrated Al-Bara:
    Allah’s Apostle sent ‘Abdullah bin ‘Atik and ‘Abdullah bin ‘Utba with a group of men to Abu Rafi (to kill him). They proceeded till they approached his castle, whereupon Abdullah bin Atik said to them, “Wait (here), and in the meantime I will go and see.” ‘Abdullah said later on, “I played a trick in order to enter the castle. By chance, they lost a donkey of theirs and came out carrying a flaming light to search for it. I was afraid that they would recognize me, so I covered my head and legs and pretended to answer the call to nature. The gatekeeper called, ‘Whoever wants to come in, should come in before I close the gate.’ So I went in and hid myself in a stall of a donkey near the gate of the castle. They took their supper with Abu Rafi and had a chat till late at night. Then they went back to their homes. When the voices vanished and I no longer detected any movement, I came out. I had seen where the gate-keeper had kept the key of the castle in a hole in the wall. I took it and unlocked the gate of the castle, saying to myself, ‘If these people should notice me, I will run away easily.’ Then I locked all the doors of their houses from outside while they were inside, and ascended to Abu Rafi by a staircase. I saw the house in complete darkness with its light off, and I could not know where the man was. So I called, ‘O Abu Rafi!’ He replied, ‘Who is it?’ I proceeded towards the voice and hit him. He cried loudly but my blow was futile. Then I came to him, pretending to help him, saying with a different tone of my voice, ‘ What is wrong with you, O Abu Rafi?’ He said, ‘Are you not surprised? Woe on your mother! A man has come to me and hit me with a sword!’ So again I aimed at him and hit him, but the blow proved futile again, and on that Abu Rafi cried loudly and his wife got up. I came again and changed my voice as if I were a helper, and found Abu Rafi lying straight on his back, so I drove the sword into his belly and bent on it till I heard the sound of a bone break. Then I came out, filled with astonishment and went to the staircase to descend, but I fell down from it and got my leg dislocated. I bandaged it and went to my companions limping. I said (to them), ‘Go and tell Allah’s Apostle of this good news, but I will not leave (this place) till I hear the news of his (i.e. Abu Rafi’s) death.’ When dawn broke, an announcer of death got over the wall and announced, ‘I convey to you the news of Abu Rafi’s death.’ I got up and proceeded without feeling any pain till I caught up with my companions before they reached the Prophet to whom I conveyed the good news.”

At the conquest of Makkah:

Holy prophet Mohammad (S.A.W) announced general amnesty to all except those who were guilty of blasphemous acts and sacrilegious statements, Ibn e Khatal was one of the convict (Tareekh-e-Tabari Page 104 / History written by Al Tabari) This is evident from the following Hadith.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 59, Number 582:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

On the day of the Conquest, the Prophet entered Mecca, wearing a helmet on his head. When he took it off, a man came and said, “Ibn e Khatal is clinging to the curtain of the Ka’ba.” The Prophet said, “Kill him.”

Sahih Bukahri Volume 5, Book 59, Number 369:

Narrated Jabir bin ‘Abdullah:

Allah’s Apostle said, “Who is willing to kill Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?” Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, “O Allah’s Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?” The Prophet said, “Yes,” Muhammad bin Maslama said, “Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). “The Prophet said, “You may say it.” Then Muhammad bin Maslama went to Kab and said, “That man (i.e. Muhammad demands Sadaqa (i.e. Zakat) from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you.” On that, Kab said, “By Allah, you will get tired of him!” Muhammad bin Maslama said, “Now as we have followed him, we do not want to leave him unless and until we see how his end is going to be. Now we want you to lend us a camel load or two of food.”

(Some difference between narrators about a camel load or two.) Kab said, “Yes, (I will lend you), but you should mortgage something to me.” Muhammad bin Mas-lama and his companion said, “What do you want?” Ka’b replied, “Mortgage your women to me.” They said, “How can we mortgage our women to you and you are the most handsome of the ‘Arabs?” Ka’b said, “Then mortgage your sons to me.” They said, “How can we mortgage our sons to you? Later they would be abused by the people’s saying that so-and-so has been mortgaged for a camel load of food. That would cause us great disgrace, but we will mortgage our arms to you. “Muhammad bin Maslama and his companion promised Kab that Muhammad would return to him. He came to Kab at night along with Kab’s foster brother, Abu Na’ila. Kab invited them to come into his fort, and then he went down to them. His wife asked him, “Where are you going at this time?” Kab replied, “None but Muhammad bin Maslama and my (foster) brother Abu Na’ila have come.”

His wife said, “I hear a voice as if dropping blood is from him, Ka’b said. “They are none but my brother Muhammad bin Maslama and my foster brother Abu Naila. A generous man should respond to a call at night even if invited to be killed.” Muhammad bin Maslama went with two men. (Some narrators mention the men as ‘Abu bin Jabr. Al Harith bin Aus and Abbad bin Bishr). So Muhammad bin Maslama went in together with two men, and sail to them, “When Ka’b comes, I will touch his hair and smell it, and when you see that I have got hold of his head, strip him. I will let you smell his head.” Kab bin Al-Ashraf came down to them wrapped in his clothes, and diffusing perfume. Muhammad bin Maslama said. “have never smelt a better scent than this. Ka’b replied. “I have got the best Arab women who know how to use the high class of perfume.” Muhammad bin Maslama requested Ka’b “Will you allow me to smell your head?” Ka’b said, “Yes.” Muhammad smelt it and made his companions smell it as well. Then he requested Ka’b again, “Will you let me (smell your head)?” Ka’b said, “Yes.” When Muhammad got a strong hold of him, he said (to his companions), “Get at him!” So they killed him and went to the Prophet and informed him. (Abu Rafi) was killed after Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf.”

Punishment in Bible for blasphemy:

The punishment for blasphemy in most of the major religions is death. It is stated in the Old Testament of the Bible, which is the authority for both the Jews and the Christians:

And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: [Book of Leviticus 24:16]

A reference from Hindu Scripture:

“If a man born of a lower class intentionally bothers a priest, the king should punish him physically with various forms of corporal and capital punishment that make men shudder.” [Manusmriti 9:248]

Conclusion:

It is evident from the above references that the punishment for the act of blasphemy in any religion or any form is very severe. Hence, people who are waging a campaign against the article 295 (c) of the constitution to repeal the said law, is not aligned with Islamic, Christianity and Hinduism religious law.

The current law is compliant with the ethical and moral values of society Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

In a nutshell, this law should stay in place to prevent blasphemous acts. But by no means,anyone should be allowed to use this law for personal vendetta or misuse it. Procedural changes should be made with the consent of Ulema to prevent the misuse of the underlying law.

O Mr he send those man to kill on his orders he send the man to kill for GOD sake read some good seerat books you will know it he ordered and send the men to kill some time groups of men was sent some time individual I would soon give you detail in fact one was killed at Fatah e Makkah behind Galaf e Kaba he went to hide there Sahabas asked RASOOL SAW what to do he is hiding behind Galaf e Kaba so HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW ordered him to be killed right there

d How many times I have to explain my position? That his conduct should not be based solely on such incidences? when there exists exceptions of that Poet exile and Makkah Incidences? All your hadiths, They all did blasphemy repeatedly and intentionally, hence they were killed e.g

Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ( Read his history to get what I'm trying to say)

Poet was exiled, because was warned, he stopped and exiled as an punishment.

Islam Is not about pick and choose. If you want to apply something comprehensively, than we have to be thorough.

Last edited:
Sahaa Sittah Or it never happens. I won't tolerate another source and How many times I have to explain my position? That his conduct should not be based solely on such incidences? when there exists exceptions of that Poet exile and Makkah Incidences?

Islam Is not about pick and choose. If you want to apply something comprehensively, than we have to be thorough.
Mr those who say they will not accept anything other than Sahih Sitta need to first know what Hadees is Its the biggest joke they make Mr Masnad e Ahmed Bin Hanbal contains 30000 Hadees most Sahih Sitta Hadees are found there than many consider Mutta Imam Malik more authentic than Ibn Maja and Tirmidi shareef so first go check that Mr Madinah has several incidents mr and by the way 2 prisoners of Battle of Badar were also killed on way back to Madinah they were the ones who along with Abu Juhal used to put Camels intestines on HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW back and laugh like crazy HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW them and ordered Hazrat ALI RA to finish them and he did so than there was a Sahabi who killed her slave women who talked crap against RASOOL SAW and when Hazrat MUHAMMAD SAW was told about it he said he did the right thing

Capital punishment/ Death Penalty in light of Quran and Sunnah by Ibtisam Elahi Zaheer
| |

Islam is a religion of peace and love and ensures the safety of life of every human being and does not announce death penalty in majority of crimes.

Quran says:

if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind. And indeed, there came to them Our Messengers with clear proofs, evidences, and signs, even then after that many of them continued to exceed the limits (e.g. by doing oppression unjustly and exceeding beyond the limits set by Allâh by committing the major sins) in the land!. (Al-Ma'idah 5:32)

However in case of serious crimes capital punishment should be given after free and fair judicial procedure.Some of the crimes in which capital punishment is proved from either Quran or sunnah of Rasool salal laho aliehi wasalam are as follows:

1 Killing without any reason

2 Sexual intercourse done by married people /homosexuality done by any one

3 Violence on earth like robbery, gang rape and raising voice against Allah swt and His Rasool salal laho alieh wasalam

4 Blasphemy

5 Apostasy

The detail of all these points is as follows:

1 Killing without any reason or authority:

No one can kill any person in personal capacity.It is the authority of state to punish any criminal so no body can take law in his hands.So whenever a person kills an innocent person he should be killed for his criminal activity.

Quran says:

O you who believe! Al-Qisâs (the Law of Equality in punishment) is prescribed for you in case of murder: the free for the free, the slave for the slave, and the female for the female. But if the killer is forgiven by the brother (or the relatives, etc.) of the killed against blood money, then adhering to it with fairness and payment of the blood money, to the heir should be made in fairness. This is an alleviation and a mercy from your Lord. So after this whoever transgresses the limits (i.e. kills the killer after taking the blood money), he shall have a painful torment. (Al-Baqarah 2:178)

O you who believe! Al-Qisâs (the Law of Equality in punishment) is prescribed for you in case of murder: the free for the free, the slave for the slave, and the female for the female. But if the killer is forgiven by the brother (or the relatives, etc.) of the killed against blood money, then adhering to it with fairness and payment of the blood money, to the heir should be made in fairness. This is an alleviation and a mercy from your Lord. So after this whoever transgresses the limits (i.e. kills the killer after taking the blood money), he shall have a painful torment. (Al-Baqarah 2:178)

So it is clear from the above mentioned verses of Quran that a person who kills another person should be killed due to his crime.

2 Sexual Intercourse done by married people/homosexuality done by any one:

. Allah swt has blessed human beings with a number of abilities and potentials. One of these potential is reproductive power .The purpose of this power was to maintain human societies on this globe and to develop families based on the love affection and mercy.

Allah swt says:

And among His Signs is this, that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect. (Ar-Rum 30:21)

Unluckily this ability has been abused by human beings to seek pleasure unacceptable by both Allah and humanity.The situation has not been limited to misuse of this power .Many people have been trying to legalize extramarital acts like zina and sodomy in Muslim lands and different articles are being written in English news papers in favour of homosexuality . It is being written in these articles that only religious fanatics are raising voice against sexual and moral crimes where as in reality there is no ruling in Religious scriptures and Quran about these acts.

Allah swt and His Rasool salal laho aliehi wasalam have recommended immediate marriages after puberty and allowed polygamy to keep human beings in discipline but there is no room for moral corruption of any kind .and Allah and His Rasool salal laho aliehi wasalam have always condemned extra marital relationships.

On one instance Allah swt says:

And come not near to the unlawful sexual intercourse. Verily, it is a Fâhishah [i.e. anything that transgresses its limits (a great sin)], and an evil way (that leads one to Hell unless Allâh forgives him). (Al-Isra 17:32)

This violation and abuse is not only limited to zina or fornication .Allah swt has condemned all kind of extramarital activities like homosexuality and masturbation

Allah swt says:

And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts) Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame; But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors; (Al-Mu'minun 23:5-7)

The phrase “Whoever seeks beyond that” includes every kind of extramarital activities.

Allah swt has condemned heinous act of homosexuality on many occasions and tribe of Sodom was eliminated for this heinous and even wife of Lot aliehis salam was hit by torment of Allah swt because she was favouring this wrong act.

Here is one of those instances mentioned in Holy Quran:

The prople of Lout (Lot) (those dwelt in the towns of Sodom in Palestine) belied the Messengers When their brother Lout (Lot) said to them: "Will you not fear Allâh and obey Him? "Verily! I am a trustworthy Messenger to you. "So fear Allâh, keep your duty to Him, and obey me. "No reward do I ask of you for it (my Message of Islâmic Monotheism), my reward is only from the Lord of the 'Alamîn (mankind, jinns and all that exists). "Go you in unto the males of the 'Alamîn (mankind) "And leave those whom Allâh has created for you to be your wives? Nay, you are a trespassing people!" They said: "If you cease not. O Lout (Lot)! Verily, you will be one of those who are driven out!" He said: "I am, indeed, of those who disapprove with severe anger and fury your (this evil) action (of sodomy). "My Lord! Save me and my family from what they do." So We saved him and his family, all, Except an old woman (his wife) among those who remained behind. Then afterward We destroyed the others. And We rained on them a rain (of torment). And how evil was the rain of those who had been warned. Verily, in this is indeed a sign, yet most of them are not believers. (Ash-Shu'ara 26:160-174)

Allah swt has declared severe penalties against adulterers and those committing homosexual acts

Allah swt says:

The woman and the man guilty of illegal sexual intercourse, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allâh, if you believe in Allâh and the Last Day. And let a party of the believers witness their punishment. (This punishment is for unmarried persons guilty of the above crime but if married persons commit it, the punishment is to stone them to death, according to Allâh's Law). (An-Nur 24:2)

On another instance Allah swt says:

And as for those who are guilty of an indecency from among your women, call to witnesses against them four (witnesses) from among you; then if they bear witness confine them to the houses until death takes them away or Allah opens some way for them. And as for the two who are guilty of indecency from among you, give them both a punishment; then if they repent and amend, turn aside from them; surely Allah is oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful. (An-Nisa 4:15)

But in case of married people

Rasool sala laho aliehi wasalam said : "Learn this from me. Allah opens some way for them, both in the case of a married man and a married woman and that of an unmarried man and an unmarried woman. For the married, one hundred lashes and stoning, and for the unmarried one hundred lashes and exile for a year. (Muslim vol. 3, p. 911, no. 4192)

There are some other hadiths highlighting this death penalty in case of married people:

Sayyidina Ibn Abbas reported that Prophet asked M’iz ibn Maalik (RA) “Is what I haveheard about you true? He asked, What is it that has reached you about me? He said, “Ihave heard that you have committed adultery with a girl of such-and such tribe”. He said “Yes” and testified four times. So, he ordered to stone him to death.

(Muslim ,no 16931, Tirmidhi,book 17,chapter 4,no 1432)

Sayyidina Jabir (RA), narrated about a man who came to the Prophet (SAW) from thetribe Aslam. He confessed having committed adultery. The Prophet (SAW) turned away from him . He again made a confession, but the Prophet (SAW) turned away from him till the man had testified against himself four times. The Prophet (SAW) said, ‘Are you afflicted with madness?” He said, “No”He asked “Are you married?’ He answered, “Yes”so, the Prophet gave an order (about him) and he was being stoned at the place of eid prayers. When the stones struck him, he fled. The people caught hold of him and stoned him to death. The Prophet (SAW) spoke a good word about him, but did not offer his (funeral) salah.

(Bukhari ,no 5270 , Muslim,no 1691, Tirmidhi,book 17,chapter 5,no 1434)

Sayyidina Umar ibn Khattab narrated: Surely Allah sent Muhammad with the truth and revealed to him the Book. And in that which He revealed is the verse of rajm. So Allah’s Messenger (SAW) inflicted this punishment and, after him, we inflicted it. But I fear that a time will come upon the people when one who has to say might say, “We do not find rajm, in the Book of Allah.” Perhaps they might go astray by neglecting a fard that Allah has revealed. Know’ If a married person commits adultery, he has to be stoned to death provided there are witnesses, or he confeses himself, or pregnancy makes it known.

(Bukhari,no 6829, Muslim,no 1691 Tirmidhi,book 17,chapter 7,no 1437)

Ubaydullah ibn Abdullah reported that he heard from Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (RA) Zayd ibn Khalid (RA) and Shibl that they were with the Prophet Two men came to him,quarreling with one another. One of them stood before him and said, “I adjure you by Allah, 0 Messenger of Allah! Decide between us according to the Book of Allah His contender also uttered, he being more intelligent than the other” 0 Messenger of Allah do judge between us by Allah s Book and permit me to speak, My son was a labourer with him and committed adultery with his wife. I was informed that my son would attract the punishment of stoning to death, so by way of ransom, I gave a hundred sheep and emanicpated a slave, thereafter, I met some scholars and they told me that my son would be awarded a hundred lashes and exiled for a year while this man’s wife would be stoned to death.’ So, Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said, “By Him in whose Hand is my soul. I will surely judge between you by Allah’s Book. The hundred sheep and the slave are returnable to you. Your son will be awarded a hundred lashes and exiled for a year. And, O Unays go to the wife of this man tomorrow morning. If she confesses then stone her.” He went to her the next day. She confessed and he stoned her to death.

(Bukhari, no 6842, Muslim,no 1697, Tirmidhi,book 17,chapter 8 ,no 1438)

Sayyidina Ubadah ibn Samit (RA) reported that Allah’s Mesenger said, “Listen to me and bear this well in your mind. Allah has provided a way for those women. Thus, if an adulteress is married then a hundred lashes are given to her and then stoning to death.If she is unmarried then (the punishment) is hundred lashes and exile for a year.

(Muslim, no 15690 , Tirmidhi,book 17,chapter 8 ,no 1439)

Sayyidina lmran ibn Husayn narrated that a woman of Juhayrah confessed before the Prophet (SAW) that she had committed adultery. She said that she was pregnant. The Prophet (SAW) summoned her guardian and said (to him), “Look after her well, and when she delivers her child, in form me’. So he did that. The Prophet s’ gave a command and her garments were bound to her body. Then he ordered that she should be stoned to death. That was done to her. Then he prayed over her. Sayyidina Umar ibn Khattab (RA) said to him, “0 Messenger of Allah! you punished her with rajm then prayed over he” He said, She had repented a repentance which if it were divided over seventy people of Madinah that would have been enough for them. And do you find anything better than what she has spent of her life for Allah?”

(Muslim,no 1696 , Tirmidhi,book 17,chapter 9 ,no 1440)

It should be born in mind that these punishments are not to eliminate sinners but these are basically atonement for sinners .It is clearly mentioned in hadith:

Sayyidina Ubadah ibn Samit (RA) narrated: We were sitting with the Prophet He said, ‘Pledge to me that you will not associate anything with Allah, you will not steal and will not commit fornication,” and he recited to them a verse (of the Qur’an). He said. “He among you who is faithful to it, his reward is with Allah. And if anyone commits a sin and is punished for that then that is his atonement. And if anyone commits a sin and Allah conceals it for him then it is up to Allah, if He will, He may punish him, if he will, He may forgive him.

(Muslim, no 1709 , Tirmidhi,book 17,chapter 12 ,no 1444)

And similarly highlighting the punishment of sexual crimes on another instance Allah swt says:

And the two persons among you who commit illegal sexual intercourse, punish them both. And if they repent (promise Allâh that they will never repeat, i.e. commit illegal sexual intercourse and other similar sins) and do righteous good deeds, leave them alone. Surely, Allâh is Ever the One Who accepts repentance, (and He is) Most Merciful. (An-Nisa 4:16)

And yet on another instance Allah swt says:

Verily, those who like that (the crime of) illegal sexual intercourse should be propagated among those who believe, they will have a painful torment in this world and in the Hereafter. And Allâh knows and you know not. (An-Nur 24:19)

This verse clearly indicates that all those involved in illegal sexual acts deserve severe punishments.

According to hadiths of Holy prophet people who are involved in sodomy whether married or unmarried deserve death penalty.

Muhammad salal laho aliehi wasalam said : "Whoever you find committing the sin of the people of Lut, kill them, both the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.(Sunan Al Tirmidhi)

These acts have also been condemned in Bible on different occasions Some of these instances are as follow:

You shall not commit adultery.(Exodus 20:14,New International Version )

But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself." (Proverbs 6:32, New International Version)

Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable. (Leviticus 18:22, New International Version)

The punishment of these wrong act has been mentioned in Bible in the following way:

"If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die." (Deuteronomy 22:22 , New International Version)

"If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death." (Leviticus 20:10 , New International Version)

And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.( Leviticus 21:9 ,New International Version)

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. (Leviticus 20:13, New International version)

3 Violence on earth like robbery, gang rape and raising voice against Allah swt and His Rasool salal laho alieh wasalam:

Allah swt does not like violence and mischief on earth and always condemn mischief on earth .

One one instance He says:

And do not do mischief on the earth, after it has been set in order, and invoke Him with fear and hope; Surely, Allâh's Mercy is (ever) near unto the gooddoers. (Al-A'raf 7:56)

On another instance He says:

And to (the people of) Madyan (Midian), (We sent) their brother Shu'aib. He said: "O my people! Worship Allâh! You have no other Ilâh (God) but Him. [Lâ ilâha ill-Allâh (none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh)]." Verily, a clear proof (sign) from your Lord has come unto you; so give full measure and full weight and wrong not men in their things, and do not mischief on the earth after it has been set in order, that will be better for you, if you are believers. (Al-A'raf 7:85)

For all those crimes which lead to mass violence and mischief on land death like gang rape ,robbery and rebel against Allah swt and His Rasool salal laho aliehi wasalam death penalty has been assigned .

Allah swt says in Holy Quran:

The recompense of those who wage war against Allâh and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off on the opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter. (Al-Ma'idah 5:33)

4 Blasphemy :

One of the heinous crimes against which death penalty has been assigned is Blasphemy which means insulting any prophet of Allah swt including last prophet of Allah swt Muhammad salal laho aliehi wasalam. .Any person whether Muslim or non Muslim involved in blasphemy also deserves capital punishment.

Allah swt has revealed in the Holy Quran the incidence of two friends in Surah Furqan.

Allah swt says:

And (remember) the Day when the Zâlim (wrong-doer, oppressor, polytheist, etc.) will bite at his hands, he will say: "Oh! Would that I had taken a path with the Messenger ( Muhammad SAW). "Ah! Woe to me! Would that I had never taken so-and-so as a friend! "He indeed led me astray from the Reminder (this Qur'ân) after it had come to me. And Shaitân (Satan) is ever a deserter to man in the hour of need." (Al-Furqan 25:27-29)

The following incident has been narrated in asbab an nazool by waheedi about these verses :

(On the day when the wrong-doer gnaweth his hands…) [25:27]. ‘Ata’ al-Khurasani reported that Ibn ‘Abbas said: “Ubayy ibn Khalaf used to go to the Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, keep his company and listen to his speech without believing in him. ‘Uqbah ibn Abi Mu‘ayt, then, rebuked him for doing so, and so this verse was revealed about it”. Said al-Sha‘bi: “ ‘Uqbah [ibn Abi Mu‘ayt] was a friend of Umayyah ibn Khalaf. When ‘Uqbah embraced Islam, Umayyah said to him: ‘I do not want to ever see you if you follow Muhammad’. ‘Uqbah disbelieved again and renounced Islam to please his friend, and so Allah, exalted is He, revealed this verse”. Other commentators of the Qur’an said: “Ubayy ibn Khalaf and ‘Uqbah ibn Abi Mu‘ayt were allies. It was the habit of ‘Uqbah, upon returning from a travel, to invite the nobles of his people to eat with him. ‘Uqbah also used to keep the company of the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace. He returned one day from one of his travels, made some food and invited people and the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace, to eat. When the food was placed before the invitees, the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace, said to him: ‘I will not eat your food until you bear witness that there is no deity except Allah and that I am the Messenger of Allah’. ‘Uqbah said: ‘I bear witness that there is no deity except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah’, upon which the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace, ate from his food. Ubayy was absent on that occasion. But when he was informed of what had happened, he said to ‘Uqbah: ‘You have renounced the religion of your forefathers?’ ‘Uqbah said: ‘By Allah, I did not. I had a man in my house who refused to eat my food unless I bore witness to him and I was ashamed to let him leave my house without him eating, and so I bore witness to him and he ate my food’. Ubayy said to him: ‘I will never be happy with you until you go to him, spit on his face and step on his neck’. ‘Uqbah did just that, and the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace, said to him: ‘If I ever meet out of Mecca, I will behead you’. ‘Uqbah was later killed while in captivity at Badr. As for Ubayy ibn Khalaf, the Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, killed him in a duel at Uhud. And so Allah, exalted is He, revealed about ‘Uqbah and Ubayy this verse”. Said al-Dahhak: “When ‘Uqbah spat on the face of the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace, his spit split into two and flew back on ‘Uqbah’s face. This caused both his cheeks to burn and the scars resulting from this burning remained visible until he died”.

This is thus clearly proved from Holy Quran that punishment of blasphemy is death in Islam.

During the time period of Holy Prophet salal laho aliei wasalam. Some of the people who were killed due to this crime are :

Kaab bin Ashraf

Abu Rafay yahoodee

Asma bint Marwan

A maid servant of a blind companion of Rasool salal laho aliehi wasalam

5 Apostasy:

Apostasy is a major crime which has been condemned by Allah swt in Holy Quran .

Allah swt says :

And whosoever of you turns back from his religion and dies as a disbeliever, then his deeds will be lost in this life and in the Hereafter, and they will be the dwellers of the Fire. They will abide therein forever." (Al-Baqarah 2:217)

So whenever a person turns back from his deen and becomes an apostate he is also killed after free and fair judicial trial.

This is proved from the following hadiths:

Sayyidina Ikrimah (RA) reported that Sayyidina Ali sentenced those who had apostatised from Islam to be burnt down. When Sayyidina Ibn Abbas (RA) learnt of it, he said, “If I was there then I would have had them killed because Allah’s Messenger (SAW) had said,“He who changes his religion should be killed, I would not burn him because Allah’s Messenger (SAW) had said, ‘ Do not punish with Allah’s punishment.” When Sayyidina Ali learnt of it, he said, “Ibn Abbas (RA), has spoken the truth.”

(Bukhari,no 3017 , Tirmidhi,book 17,chapter 25 ,no 1463)

Abu Umamah ibn Sahl ibn Hunayf reported that Sayyidina Uthman ibn Affan radi Allahu anhu (who was locked up in his home for fear of those who wrought mischief) climbed up the roof top one day. He asked the besiegers, “I adjure you by Allah, do you know that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said: The blood of a Muslim is forbidden except for one of three crimes. (They are :) adultery committed by a married person, apostatizing after joining Islam, slaying someone without just cause. He is killed for these things. By Allah, I have not committed adultery either in jahilyah or after Islam. I have not apostatized since having sworn allegiance to Allah’s Messenger (SAW). And, I have not slain any soul who Allah has made sacred. Then why do you slay me?

(Muslim,no 1672 , Tirmidhi,book 36,chapter 01 ,no 2165)

Conclusion:

So it can be easily concluded from the abovementioned discussion:

1 Islam does not support capital punishment in general

2 In serious crimes like:

a Killing without any reason

b Sexual intercourse and done by married people /homosexuality done by any 1

c Violence on earth like robbery, gang rape and raising voice against Allah swt and His Rasool salal laho alieh wasalam

d Blasphemy

e Apostasy

Islam recommends capital punishment

3 Capital punishment can be given after free and fair judicial trial in presence of witnesses

4 Capital punishment can be given by state/ruling authority.

5 No one has the right to give capital punishment except state.

Blasphemy is defined who abuses, passes rude comments or on Allah, Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) or all the Annbya who came before Him (PBUH) or doubts them they were such and such kind of persons.

If a person has doubt about his muslim believes, prophets or ALLAH or if he a non-muslim. He should consult qualified and certified aalims specifically groomed for task to handle and answer such queries with satisfaction. Uttering such doubts, thoughts in front of them would not be blasphemous, their task would be to guide them. If he is not satisfied, AALIM would request him to keep such thoughts to himself than. Like how therapy sessions occur.

So what defines a "rude comment" in this context? This is where the slippery slope starts.

Here is a good academic article on this thread's topic if anyone is interested:

The full article is here and worth a read:

http://www.apcss.org/Publications/Edited Volumes/ReligiousRadicalism/PagesfromReligiousRadicalismandSecurityinSouthAsiach2.pdf

Conclusion

Our observations point to the complex origins and patterns of growth of Islamic organizations in Pakistan. We have discussed the way Islamic ideology functioned as the supreme source of legitimacy for the state, and defined the parameters of the political context that eventually laid down the turf for politics of identity. The Islamic movement changed its character from a pressure group for establishing the rule of shari’a in the first quarter of a century after independence, to an electoral and then a militant force in the second quarter. The regional input in the form of the war in Afghanistan combined with Zia’s vehement pursuit of the Islamization program in the 1980s to produce a dynamic pan-Islamic agenda and a vast Islamic network at home and abroad based on sectarian parties and madrassas.

The army-dominated state apparatus in Pakistan has militated against providing social, cultural, economic and political space to the civil society in general and public representatives in particular. On the other hand, Islamic parties and groups enjoyed a relatively free hand to operate in the educational, cultural and, increasingly, political fields. Even more significantly, the state elite sought to provide a role for Islamist groups against various political forces identified with the Left, ethnolinguistic communities, provincial autonomy activists and the liberal intelligentsia. The involvement of Islamic militants in the wars in Afghanistan and Kashmir contributed to privatization of foreign policy and militarization of Islamic activists. The international Islamic networks finally provided a global agenda for the movement in terms of endemic anti-Americanism. The unresolved conflicts around the world involving Muslim communities, especially in Palestine, sharpened the boundaries of the conflict. We can conclude by observing that state policies, regional instability and non-resolution of conflicts involving Muslims in the region and in the world at large are the leading determinants of the nature and direction of Islamic organizations in Pakistan.

What I am pointing out is that intolerance and sectarianism are now established in the mainstream contrary to what many claim. That is the way Pakistani society wants to go. This fact should now be recognized.

Read Carefully:

"Welcome to APCSS
Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies (APCSS) is a U.S. Department of Defense institute that officially opened Sept. 4, 1995, in Honolulu, Hawaii. The APCSS addresses regional and global security issues, inviting military and civilian representatives of the United States and Asia-Pacific nations to its comprehensive program of executive education and workshops, both in Hawaii and throughout the Asia-Pacific region.

The Center supports the U.S. Pacific Command by developing and sustaining relationships among security practitioners and national security establishments throughout the region. APCSS’ mission is to build capacities and communities of interest by educating, connecting, and empowering security practitioners to advance Asia-Pacific security. It is one of the Department of Defense’s five regional security studies centers. Read More or go to ourFrequently Asked Questions page."

The article from which you have posted a selection is hosted and sponsored by APCSS.

I would not take this seriously. Any random Joe can put together a few lines, even you could do a job like that. The central question here is whether or not the author has credibility. In view of the above, the question is very much there in this case.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Zarvan, quit posting really long and copy-paste jobs. Most here understand your opinion, you do not need to post ultra-long copy-pastes that hardly anyone is going to read.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are people discussing Blasphemy, apostasy, and death penalty etc....

This is NOT what this thread is about.

Stop derailment. If someone wishes to discuss any of the above, open another thread.

Last edited:
Pretty good thread except the last page with ultra long Copy-Paste answers by a certain member. Discussion reminds me of days when my father used to discuss things with his colleague ( Moulvi Saab we call him ) while preparing his thesis on Islamic history for his PG. Good going.

I would not take this seriously. Any random Joe can put together a few lines, even you could do a job like that. The central question here is whether or not the author has credibility. In view of the above, the question is very much there in this case.

The article presents some good material for discussion, but if you are so blithe in rejecting it, perhaps you would care to point me to a similar article from a source that you find more credible?

From another thread on PDF, here is an another example for just how religiosity is creeping everywhere, and it is accepted without any questions at all:

NetCentricity
by VChengPhotos, on Flickr

So how and why did Allah help DARPA create the concepts and tools for netcentric warfare, and how did India get a headstart over Pakistan on this? Are they more Islamic?

I could not understand. if someone wanted to see everything in a particular shade .. the best solution for him is to wear specs of the desired coloured glass. why this intense urge to make other wear the same shades !!

Back
Top Bottom