What's new

How Dalit, Shudra and Muslim unity can beat twice born Hindu oppressors in India

That does tell you something, doesn't it? Caste is slowly on its way out among the urbanised young. It's why people don't know, don't care.....

I think he said he was only cultural Hindu a while back so he would not know as much, whereas I look up such things being an outsider looking in so have come across it. I am sure considering India is still largely rural it is a lot more conservative.

Google Dalit Muslim my friend they still hold onto their distinction despite changing religions. Also google dalit christians there was once news about dalit christians asking for reservations lol even shared on pdf.

Societal discrimination does not stop with conversion, it merely alters the roster of perpetrators. The 'older' Muslim and Christian groups also zealously cling on to their past just like the Hindus, and do not welcome newer converts into their cultural fold. Add to it the fact that Dalit folks may convert to Islam or Christianity, but rarely leave their native villages or provinces post conversion. Hence, the Dalit tag does not readily disappear with conversions.

may be so, but less prominent with Muslims , the discrimination is more cultural than religious

in ancient Tamil religion there was no caste system - it an Aryan import but sadly today Tamils are proud to hang on to an alien culture imposed upon them by the .......

Its not only tamil, every part of india needs to remove caste.. if not culturally atleast it should not mean anything outside one's home...

But we had great people from within like Ramanujam, narayana guru, periyar who could achieve only a little...
catholics and protestant killed each other from UK to Spain, and we know what is happening in Mid east now between shias and sunnies..

I don't think how abrahamic religion will achieve removal of casteism, they will only replace one bad thing with another though im pretty sure they won't be able to remove casteism.. when u read about Goan inquisition you will realize it is near impossible to take away indian cultural practices whether good or bad, easily

Nobody holds on to that distinction by choice. It is forced on them by other members of the "new" religion. Dalit Christian(Dalit Muslim claims are rarer) claim is purely an attempt to get reservations which are presently not applicable if you convert (logic being caste is an Hindu problem).

That is shocking considering most of the Christian NGOs offer cash incentives to the poor for conversions.

Seems like another kind of unity is taking shape in India. It is Shia+Hindu unity which is beating the **** out of the Jihadis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Societal discrimination does not stop with conversion, it merely alters the roster of perpetrators. The 'older' Muslim and Christian groups also zealously cling on to their past just like the Hindus, and do not welcome newer converts into their cultural fold. Add to it the fact that Dalit folks may convert to Islam or Christianity, but rarely leave their native villages or provinces post conversion. Hence, the Dalit tag does not readily disappear with conversions.

That is untrue. Muslims are more open to welcoming others because inviting others is part of our religion, in Pakistan a convert is given huge amount of respect as they chose to be Muslim instead of being born as one.

That is shocking considering most of the Christian NGOs offer cash incentives to the poor for conversions.

They do. They are the ones pushing the idea that caste stays even if religion changes because they hope to somehow get reservations under the scheduled Castes category (Scheduled tribes are different, the reservation there is not religion specific, it is tribe based). People are less willing to convert if they see themselves losing facilities like reservation (Christian missionaries now resort to hiding conversions, not an ideal position for them since they cant claim for their ":work".)

Since all myth busters have gathered here, am I allowed to bust the myths of Islam through articles and cartoon posted on net? BTW, it is so heartening to see some secular Indians already acting like apologists. May be it is in blood.

Seems like another kind of unity is taking shape in India. It is Shia+Hindu unity which is beating the shit out of the Jihadis.

Shia-Sunni gaar ki baat hai but when an outsider gets in between we tend to unite to face them off, this has been our history for 1400 years. If Shias are beating up jihadis it is because they threaten Shias don't assume some kind of profound love for the baniya. :laugh:

As long as he is not a Shia or an Ahmadi. Right?

Half my family is Shia, come again? :lol:

That is untrue. Muslims are more open to welcoming others because inviting others is part of our religion, in Pakistan a convert is given huge amount of respect as they chose to be Muslim instead of being born as one.

Not sure about Pakistan, but that's how things stand at present in India. Almost all Muslim and Christian groups have either religious or cultural schisms demarcating each other.

Shia-Sunni gaar ki baat hai but when an outsider gets in between we tend to unite to face them off, this has been our history for 1400 years. If Shias are beating up jihadis it is because they threaten Shias don't assume some kind of profound love for the baniya. :laugh:

Half my family is Shia, come again? :lol:

Shias are being murdered and beheaded by the Sunnis. They are treated like Kafirs from Kafiristan. How cute!

They do. They are the ones pushing the idea that caste stays even if religion changes because they hope to somehow get reservations under the scheduled Castes category (Scheduled tribes are different, the reservation there is not religion specific, it is tribe based). People are less willing to convert if they see themselves losing facilities like reservation (Christian missionaries now resort to hiding conversions, not an ideal position for them since they cant claim for their ":work".)

Actually I agree with this and was trying to get to this with @manlion. Dalit Muslims are getting into that as well now.

Shias are being murdered and beheaded by the Sunnis. They are treated like Kafirs from Kafiristan. How cute!

You are late kafiristan was turned into Nuristan a long time ago. :cheesy:

Actually I agree with this and was trying to get to this with @manlion. Dalit Muslims are getting into that as well now.

You are late kafiristan was turned into Nuristan a long time ago. :cheesy:

SItuation of Dalit Muslims is worse than the situation of Dalit Hindus. In fact several thousands have reverted back to Hinduism recently to get rid of the cycles of injustice and lies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom