What's new

How China trains its children to win gold? - standing on a girl's legs

You do not need to be so aggressive. It is a discussion. The photo has strong effect to me since I have not seen such a photo before. That girl can become a national hero, rich or to be proud of but can also be dissable with this kind of training. As you are from US, I ask you did you see such a training in your country?

So you are pointing your finger to a wrong person, as it is not me that is aggressive, it is the OP that is aggressive by putting up pictures to make your feeble heart tremble... Are you all right? Did you get heart attack? Hope you are OK.

Sure, that are lots of such trainings in USA! Do you forget tiger mom? People are threatening to sure her.

LOL! The tiger Mom is actually just one of many who don't want to expose their private life but want to have their children be better than you and me.

Disable? Of course if you let a fool doctor to open your chest, you may well die on the bad.

The point is: the parents trust the coach and the coach trains the kids legally. So better most of you "frogs of well bottom" shut up.

If you go to schools of martial arts, every day, every hour you will find trainees are try all their best to perfect themselves with the help of their trainers.

Better seek you doctor's advice before entry this forum where China bashing Indians/others will bring up lots visual impacting graphics: not just kids, but also cats and dogs. :lol:

Lol were talking about 4 yr old girls, who should be playing with dolls.

What a lunatic you are.

That's how India sucks in Olympics. Sorry for my frankness but that is the fact.

bro these CPC dont care.. 3 or 4 year old.. for them they are tools to be used to promote china shining campaign

as if India democracy cares that million kids die of starvation every year, and year after year.

Does that starvation stop India from promoting shining India?

BTW, I have never heard China promotes shining China, but India incredible India, shining India, super power India, in 4 years forget Shanghai, remember Mumbai, blah blah...

Well, gold prices has been jacked up and its value to earning a gold medal. 2 legs of that poor little girl is worthies for China Gov, its honor and so and so ...

Even some Chinese lives in U.S are supported its action, regardless what will happens to that poor little girl. Gold ... gold ... gold. Nevertheless, those Chinese already lives in the country which is policies are #1 priority for its kids. Shame on Chinese-America, INS should reconsider to depot them all.

I am against parents pushing their kids at the age of 4-5-6. Be it in sports or in academics or indeed in any other field. Many parents wish to live their own dreams through their kids and hence push them. This is particularly true of Asian parents. There is something wrong in the parenting method in India and in China and in the rest of Asia - that culturally the physical abuse of kids is tolerated, even encouraged. China was always going to win a bagful of medals - whether it wins 100 or 60 - that is not going to affect its reputation in the world.

Ok, Ok, India has better reputation than China...

Such as starvation, such as illiteracy, such as electricity outage, ...

Well, gold prices has been jacked up and its value to earning a gold medal. 2 legs of that poor little girl is worthies for China Gov, its honor and so and so ...

What happens to the girl's two legs? Come with proof of your claim!

I fully believe the girl's legs are, because of the training, far more flexible, far more beautiful and far more powerful than your fre@king cross legs.

What happens to the girl's two legs? Come with proof of your claim!

I fully believe the girl's legs are, because of the training, far more flexible, far more beautiful and far more powerful than your fre@king cross legs.

See, now gpit turned wild.

Eventually, I don't really know what happens with 2 legs of that poor little girl, and I am not a Chinese doctor also. What I do know, that poor little that been hurts and that picture meant for thousand words.

I am so sure, that poor little girl soon enough will cross her legs if that stupid guy keep stands on its. You asked me to prove it, but what do I need to prove when you are not ready to accept it?

It has nothing that is China specific. Kids the world over, who train to be the best, start very young, sacrifice hell of a lot, and have no "normal" childhood to speak about. In most physical sports.

Does the child have a say in that or is it because he/she is forced into it ?

China winning in such an important competition,is not only about sports.It will increase China's hegemony in the world.So they are looking for way yo bash China.Some others are just jealous.

Who said professional childhood training is some care-bear club? It is hard to get to physical perfection for the task. It takes years of training.

Gabby Douglas: 'Gold medals are made out of sweat, blood and tears'.

It is especially more true for people from developing countries. A lot of these kids are from poorer families whose parents want them to have a better future and their own children can live a better life. So far I haven't heart much complaints against their parents after these kids grow up. So it is really not others business.

The entire western world and their pet hound dog India is burning with jealousy from China's achievements in the Olympics.

Haters gonna hate. :enjoy:

To those jealous Indians :no::no:

You know why we look down on you guys? because you are just a bunch of lazy talkers.

If you really care kids, do something for your own country. You know 6000 kids died everyday in country. you can donate some money to them instead of fighting here. You can save a life.

And let me tell you, that's our life. When these kids grow up, they will choose the same path for their children. That's why we are always better than you. And your children can keep fighting here as internet warriors.

Why do we Brits look upon Chinese athletes as cheats, freaks and robots?

By Brendan O'Neill Sport Last updated: August 2nd, 2012

Screen-shot-2012-08-02-at-12.00.20.png

Why does China-bashing come so naturally to us Britons? Less than a week into the Olympics and we have already had the commentariat, kicked off by the BBC's Clare Balding, casting aspersions on 16-year-old super-swimmer Ye Shiwen's achievements. We've had reports about the "brutal training factories" in China where future Olympians are "tortured" until they become perfect physical specimens. And we have witnessed waves of glee in the media following the disqualification of China's top female badminton players (alongside Korean and Indonesian players) after they purposely tried to lose their games. This has been held up as the hard evidence we were waiting for that the Chinese are sneaks and cheats, who, unlike us Brits, understand nothing of fair play.

Some of us foolishly thought China-bashing would only be a feature of the 2008 Games, which were held in Beijing, where the entire world media gathered not only to watch sports but also to wag a collective white finger at the authoritarian, over-ambitious Chinese. But it is back with a vengeance in London. Observers treat the Chinese with an ugly mix of envy and incomprehension, suspicious about their ability to win so many medals and disgusted by their hardcore commitment to training and excellence. That's the real reason we see the Chinese effectively as an alien race – because they cleave to values that us relativistic, PC, post-Empire, increasingly defeatist Brits jettisoned long ago: the values of single-minded commitment and determination to win.

Consider the genuinely shocking discussion about China's Olympic training institutions. Reading the British press you could be forgiven for thinking they were sporting Treblinkas. The Daily Mirror tells us the Chinese use "training techniques [that] border on torture". China's Olympic system is a "£500 million Mandarin Machine", apparently, which is designed to "spew out" Olympians and "ensure China's world domination of sport". The Mirror says China's athletes have been "manufactured like automatons on a cynical human production line".

Not only do such reports echo the old racist view of Far Easterners, especially the Chinese, as less soulful and more robotic than us Westerners, as "automatons" produced in a "factory" – it also reveals our own profound discomfort with the idea of demanding excellence from young people, with putting pressure on the young to be brilliant. In modern Britain we even look upon school exams as a terribly heavy trip to lay on kids. We are obsessed with nurturing children's self-esteem and ensuring they are never made to feel stressed out. Disciplining children is all but against the law and increasing numbers of sports and dance institutions no longer even touch their charges, far less bend their limbs or stretch their bodies, for fear of falling foul of the vast governmental bureaucracy that treats everyone who works with kids as a potential paedophile. It is our own reluctance to make demands of young people, to have "great expectations" of them like we did in the past, which makes us look with horror upon Chinese people who put pressure on children! The Chinese don't "torture" their great sporting hopes – it's just that us self-esteem-worshipping Brits now consider discipline and testing as forms of torture.

Or consider the discussion about the Eastern badminton cheats. Was the behaviour of those women really all that weird? It is commonplace for athletes to put their brilliance on ice in the early rounds of the Olympics or to use tactics that might secure them a future advantage. No one complains when someone like Michael Phelps "eases through the heats" – that is, doesn't try to win too hard at that early stage in order to preserve himself for the finals. In the football World Cup there are frequently open discussions about how it might be in the interests of certain teams to avoid coming first in the group stages, in order to get a better draw in the knockout rounds.

The Chinese and other Eastern badminton players were only doing in a more upfront fashion what is an accepted tactical part of modern sport. What really shocks us about those them is their singular determination to win, to get that longed-for gold. As Simon Jenkins says, "Along come the Chinese, who clearly know how to win", and it makes us uncomfortable – not only because it means we will probably lose but more fundamentally because we're also uncomfortable with the "win, win, win" mentality these days, seeing that, too, as something alien, robotic, which goes against the grain of our sedate modern culture of All Must Have Prizes.

The founder of the modern Olympics, the French Baron Pierre de Coubertin, said he was inspired by the ethos of excellence and expectation on the playing fields of England's public schools. But that ethos doesn't really exist anywhere in Britain anymore. It does in China. Get over it. Or do something about it by trying to rediscover and promote that ethos here at home. But please stop treating the Chinese as cheats, freaks and robots.

Why do we Brits look upon Chinese athletes as cheats, freaks and robots? – Telegraph Blogs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom