What's new

How China and Russia Could Destroy America's F-35 in Battle

The US will never go up against a power like China or Russia.
If the Chinese and Russians didn't think there was the possibility that they might go up against the US in a war then why are they developing "Counter-stealth" radars and complex IADS left and right?

proof that Aim-120 can be easily jammed :eek:

most kills during the Gulf war was BVR kills with Aim-7 Sparrows

Air engagements of the Gulf War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and more recently:

How Dutch F-16AMs shot down a Mig-29

If the Chinese and Russians didn't think there was the possibility that they might go up against the US in a war then why are they developing "Counter-stealth" radars and complex IADS left and right?

and more recently:

How Dutch F-16AMs shot down a Mig-29

True, but Dutch planes are well maintained. Iraqi and Serbian ones were not. Heck, Ukraine has Su-27s and MiG-29s and I bet Ukraine can't shoot down a single Russian air force plane if Russian air force is deployed against Ukraine. Heck, all Russian jets are upgraded to Su-27M / Su-35 standard which is a whole generation ahead of Ukraine's Soviet era Su-27s.

Plus, a Serbian MiG-29, despite being in poor shape, dodged like 6 AMRAAMs before it got hit. As you can see, relying on BVR won't work if fight Russia or China which have advanced well maintained jets.

Plus, a Serbian MiG-29, despite being in poor shape, dodged like 6 AMRAAMs before it got hit
No, it got splashed on the first AMRAAM

That base is understood to have been Batajnica, home of the Yugoslav Air Force's only MiG-29 unit, the 127th Fighter Aviation Squadron 'Knights'. Col Abma said: "The four F-16AMs headed out toward the threat, working to detect the MiGs on their own radars. Subsequently, one of the MiGs was picked up by all four F-16s. When within range, our flight leader fired one AMRAAM against the MiG. It was an instant hit, after a flight of 30 seconds."

No, it got splashed on the first AMRAAM

That base is understood to have been Batajnica, home of the Yugoslav Air Force's only MiG-29 unit, the 127th Fighter Aviation Squadron 'Knights'. Col Abma said: "The four F-16AMs headed out toward the threat, working to detect the MiGs on their own radars. Subsequently, one of the MiGs was picked up by all four F-16s. When within range, our flight leader fired one AMRAAM against the MiG. It was an instant hit, after a flight of 30 seconds."

True but Serbia's air force sucks big time. Russia can take down Serbia without losing a single jet.

True but Serbia's air force sucks big time. Russia can take down Serbia without losing a single jet.

has Russia ever fought an air to air war with anyone in the past 60 years :oops:

I guess the most experience they got fighting against an competent air force was during the Korean War and maybe Vietnam.

has Russia ever fought an air to air war with anyone in the past 60 years :oops:

I guess the most experience they got fighting against an competent air force was during the Korean War and maybe Vietnam.

Russian air force Su-27 fighter jets controlled the Georgian air space during the Russia Georgia war in 2008. Not a single loss.

Russian air force Su-27 fighter jets controlled the Georgian air space during the Russia Georgia war in 2008. Not a single loss.

Georgia doesn't have air superiority fighters let alone even multi-roles fighters.. so a Su-27 killed a Su-25 color me shocked :eek:

Su-27vs Su-25 is like a F-15 Vs A-10, it's going to lose every time.

though the soviet era SAMs did a pretty good job of shooting down Russian aircraft though

Air Defense: Russia Takes A Beating Over Georgia
Russian Army's weaknesses exposed during war in Georgia / Sputnik International

and Russians shooting down their own buddies.

Friendly fire downed Russia jets in Georgia-report| Reuters

Last edited:
Georgia doesn't have aircraft to fight for air superiority. so a Su-27 killed a Su-25 color me shocked :eek:

Even if Russia fights Serbia, Serbian MiG-29As would be destroyed without a single loss to the Russian air force. Serbian MiG-29As are obsolete whereas Russian Su-27s are upgraded to the Su-27M standard which is way more advanced. Same thing how Belgian F-16AMs owned Serbian MiG-29As.

Even if Russia fights Serbia, Serbian MiG-29As would be destroyed without a single loss to the Russian air force. Serbian MiG-29As are obsolete whereas Russian Su-27s are upgraded to the Su-27M standard which is way more advanced. Same thing how Belgian F-16AMs owned Serbian MiG-29As.

Serbia?? I had no idea Russia had problems with Serbia :rofl:

if two forces have similar aircraft Mig-29, and Su-27, it's going to come down who has the best support aircraft,intelligence, and pilots.

to say Russia wouldn't lose a single fighter I think isn't true.

if Russia and Ukraine had a limited war. Russia would lose some aircraft, but if Russia was smart they would destroy all of Ukraine fighters on the ground :agree:

Serbia?? I had no idea Russia had problems with Serbia :rofl:

if two forces have similar aircraft Mig-29, and Su-27, it's going to come down who has the best support aircraft,intelligence, and pilots.

to say Russia wouldn't lose a single fighter I think isn't true.

if Russia and Ukraine had a limited war. Russia would lose some aircraft, but if Russia was smart they would destroy all of Ukraine fighters on the ground :agree:

Correct. Had Serbia had upgraded MiG-29s that were in well maintained order, Belgians would have suffered casualties. Case in point, Serbian MiG-29s didn't have have BVR missiles.

If Russia does no fly zone over Ukraine, Ukrainian Soviet era Su-27s and MiG-29s won't score a kill because their radars be jammed by Su-35S. Almost all would indeed by destroyed on the ground.

Correct. Had Serbia had upgraded MiG-29s that were in well maintained order, Belgians would have suffered casualties. Case in point, Serbian MiG-29s didn't have have BVR missiles.

If Russia does no fly zone over Ukraine, Ukrainian Soviet era Su-27s and MiG-29s won't score a kill because their radars be jammed by Su-35S. Almost all would indeed by destroyed on the ground.
but didn't you say the other day that BVR missiles are easily jammed :oops:

Belgian F-16AM had jammers that would of degraded the Mig-29 ability to track and lock them right.

:buba_phone::buba_phone:

but didn't you say the other day that BVR missiles are easily jammed :oops:

Belgian F-16AM had jammers that would of degraded the Mig-29 ability to track and lock them right.

:buba_phone::buba_phone:

Could be jammed, but not 100%. I quote.

The MiG-29s continued their service in the subsequent Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. Because of the United Nations arms embargo against the country, the condition of the MiG-29s worsened.[citation needed]

A total of six MiG-29s were shot down during the Kosovo War, of which three were shot down by USAF F-15s, one by a USAF F-16, and one by a RNLAF F-16.[65] One aircraft, according to pilot, was hit by friendly fire from the ground.[66] Another four were destroyed on the ground.[67] One Argentine source claims that a MiG-29 shot down an F-16 on 26 March 1999,[68] but this kill is disputed, as the F-16C in question was said to have crashed in the US that same day.[69]

Mikoyan MiG-29 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Could be jammed, but not 100%. I quote.

The MiG-29s continued their service in the subsequent Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. Because of the United Nations arms embargo against the country, the condition of the MiG-29s worsened.[citation needed]

A total of six MiG-29s were shot down during the Kosovo War, of which three were shot down by USAF F-15s, one by a USAF F-16, and one by a RNLAF F-16.[65] One aircraft, according to pilot, was hit by friendly fire from the ground.[66] Another four were destroyed on the ground.[67] One Argentine source claims that a MiG-29 shot down an F-16 on 26 March 1999,[68] but this kill is disputed, as the F-16C in question was said to have crashed in the US that same day.[69]

Mikoyan MiG-29 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

not 100% so more like 50%+

http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/equip/an-alq-131.htm

3 MiG-29s were shot down by F-15 which is air superiority. 2 MiG-29s shot down by F-16s. MiG-29 is F-16 sized. It is not air superiority. China and Russia do not use MiG-29 as fighter. They use J-11 / Su-27 as fighter.

I never said it was air superiority, mig-29 is multi-role fighter.

my point is Russia in a major or minor war would lose aircraft in aerial dog fights.

they are rusty. they might train, but they have yet to be tested.

this is why I have been saying China needs war to test it's military out and Vietnam is the perfect example.

Russian learned some valuable lessons during the Georgia war, but they still have much to learn.

F-35 is to strong for Russia and China as of right now

Back
Top Bottom