What's new

How can Egypt counter the F35i?

Ballistic Missiles are a demoralizing weapons, war is about being effective and precise now, they can stock pile 1M BMs and they would be all rendered ineffective in a single day.
Its really the only cheap way of taking the war to the enemy and its demoralizing to the enemy its landing on because there is not much they can do to stop it, also the unpredictability of where the missile is going to land.

They might not be 'precise' (even though modern Ballistic Missiles are accurate enough) but lets not forget israel isn't that big of a target anyway. Russian Iskander missile is pretty accurate.

EF or Rafale+Swedish AWACS.The euros will sell you everything in a heart beat.Come the AESA radar and Meteor+IRIS-T missiles for these babies and you'll have a good match for F35's.

Establishing an AWACS/Radar network with a potent BVR and AAM, and you can "Defend" yourself against that. Not go on the offensive.

EF or Rafale+Swedish AWACS.The euros will sell you everything in a heart beat.Come the AESA radar and Meteor+IRIS-T missiles for these babies and you'll have a good match for F35's.

Will Sweden sell them to Egypt?

Cruise Missiles, Ballistic Missiles, Cruise Missiles, Ballistic Missiles. Air Defence Network with AWACS and lots of them! Can't emphasize that enough.

Agree with you. But, what can you do with such incompetent leadership. Which have priorities more based around population control. Sigh.

Yeah obviously, but when your enemy sees you half an hour before you see them, it wont matter even if you had the longest seeing radar with the longer most anglestic AA missile.

Cruise Missiles yes, BMs No.

So EAF should have F-35 to detect enemy first? how about a few AEW&C lol. I doubt Israelis would get into close A2A dogfight they have long range AESA and next Gen active BVRs both US and Indigenous they would certainly take advantage of Technologies. CM is something different Israelis can use it to destroy almost entire Fleet of israel.

Its really the only cheap way of taking the war to the enemy and its demoralizing to the enemy its landing on because there is not much they can do to stop it, also the unpredictability of where the missile is going to land.

They might not be 'precise' (even though modern Ballistic Missiles are accurate enough) but lets not forget israel isn't that big of a target anyway. Russian Iskander missile is pretty accurate.

BMs can be stopped, and most of them well, and by the time you can deal enough random damage it would be too late since all your BMs will have been taken cared of by a quality Air Force. So Ballistic Missile is a chocked man scratch,

Cruise missile are a lot more easier to intercept (though, not sure about the super/hypersonic CM's) compared to BM's.

Umm no, Cruise Missile are precise, low flying, and are very effective, missile that come from outer orbit are easy to take down now a days.

It simply...........................cannot:disagree:

EF or Rafale ( with Storm Shadow or TAURUS KEPD Cruise missiles)+Swedish AWACS.The euros will sell you everything in a heart beat.Come the AESA radar and Meteor+IRIS-T missiles for these babies and you'll have a good match for F35's.

Not 100% sure Egypt gets an export license.
Sweden has unresolved quarrels with Egypt over the torture of some prisoners that were extradited to Egypt.
No export license, no AWACS...

BMs can be stopped, and most of them well, and by the time you can deal enough random damage it would be too late since all your BMs will have been taken cared of by a quality Air Force. So Ballistic Missile is a chocked man scratch,

Not really, you're talking about modern day ballistic missiles here. What defense systems that Israel has can stop a large number of them? And with massive blast radius it can hit sensitive target.

Couple that with MIRV warheads.

Yeah obviously, but when your enemy sees you half an hour before you see them, it wont matter even if you had the longest seeing radar with the longer most anglestic AA missile.

Cruise Missiles yes, BMs No.

what you cannot put in the aircraft, put on ground. make a radar network, deploy awacs along with enemy radar suppressors, like I said, a sukhoi with reduced rcd and a powerful aesa radar and a jammer is a good bet.

agreed. cruise missiles. but they are more expensive to make and yet can not gurantee pin point strike except a few.

So EAF should have F-35 to detect enemy first? how about a few AEW&C lol. I doubt Israelis would get into close A2A dogfight they have long range AESA and next Gen active BVRs both US and Indigenous they would certainly take advantage of Technologies. CM is something different Israelis can use it to destroy almost entire Fleet of israel.

It is about being in an equal footing, see the posts I posted after.

I had the same question in mind. I think they will actually.

Agree with you. But, what can you do with such incompetent leadership. Which have priorities more based around population control. Sigh.
Even so, population control should not interfere with national defence related decisions.

what you cannot put in the aircraft, put on ground. make a radar network, deploy awacs along with enemy radar suppressors, like I said, a sukhoi with reduced rcd and a powerful aesa radar and a jammer is a good bet.

agreed. cruise missiles. but they are more expensive to make and yet can not gurantee pin point strike except a few.

Sukhoi is a christmas tree on the radar. Khotay please :D

Not really, you're talking about modern day ballistic missiles here. What defense systems that Israel has can stop a large number of them? And with massive blast radius it can hit sensitive target.

Couple that with MIRV warheads.

If one thing Hamas's fire crackers did is to make Israel extremely resistant to missile attacks. Hamas giving them a free test every now and again of their systems. BMs are not going to do crap against Israel. You can dream of a missile shower but no nation will tolerate a single missile, and every nation has counter measures for that. You fire for the first say (And that is wishful thinking) hours, after that you will have no BMs to fire and the only thing you can do is say "Please at least use Lube Israel".

Yeah,i guess Liberal Sweden could be the tricky part but they sold to Pakistan so chances are good.As for the fighter options there wouldn't even be a debate and Egypt will have modern fighters + the latest missiles in ALL roles (BVR,CM,short range)-not to mentions that the latest generation of European missiles (meteor,irist t) are head and shoulders above whatever the Israeli got.

Throw in some MBDA SAM's (block 2 which comes in 2020) and the Egyptians are set.They need alot of money for these though.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom