What's new

How can Egypt counter the F35i?

One thing I always find funny about Arabs, they never went into battle with Russian weapons and won, yes the ones that fought with western weapons always won, yet they still hold the "Holy Russian weapon" mentality strong within them.

Arabs are funny people.

Egypt can win without even Russian weapons just say yes sir to israel/US.

I do not think 2 squadrons of Mig-35 is balance to 15+ Israeli F-16 Squadrons let alone F-15s. EAF F-16s without Active BVR are toothless in A2A combat not to mention more than half of Israeli F-16s are being equipped with AESA. Atleast 7-8 squadrons of EAF are at the verge of obsolescent including Mig-21, F-7, Mirage V even so they are upgraded to ROSE standards they are still inferior to MK2. Their best bet in the future would be 20 Mirage 2000 with MICA, 24 Mig-35 with R-77/R-73E. F-16 is close A2A WVR.

The only monarchy which gave more power to the people fared better than others. The success of England lies with democracy and empowerment of the electorates, so is the other countries. The monarchies which did not yield to the people's rights and freedom had to perish including Czar of Russia.

Don't get me wrong I am not a royalist myself, but history does show that Royal Tradition increase military tradition, and in effect increase military effectiveness. However as I said, wither a democracy or a total monarchy it doesn't matter one bit when it comes to war.

LOL, even after people clearly see the hatred Israeli's have for the MB they still call it an Israeli/US created group.

Who are these "they". The beneficiaries of military rule?

Don't get me wrong I am not a royalist myself, but history does show that Royal Tradition increase military tradition, and in effect increase military effectiveness. However as I said, wither a democracy or a total monarchy it doesn't matter one bit when it comes to war.

It matters, and it depends how people perceive the war. Nepolean, Alexander, Zengis Khan, British monarchy, Japanese monarchy all proved that it matters.

Israel is due to receive at least a batch of 20 initial F35 fighters in the near future.

This will give them a real advantage in the air. How can Egypt adapt to this threat? Will the MiG35 cut it?

Give me your analysis of what Egypt should take into account in the future. What it should invest in as well.

@Frogman @Dino R. @Skorpian @Mahmoud_EGY

Should it invest more into missile defense systems?
I think Egypt's best bet is Ballistic Missiles, and a lot of them coupled with numerous other Stand Off weapons like land/sea/ and air launched cruise missiles along with a very effective air defence network.

There aren't that many 5th generation aircraft options out there unless Egypt wants to go for the F-35 too. The Russians are still testing their PAK-FA and will only fulfill their own requirements as well as the requirements of indian's first. The Chinese are still testing their machines and will follow the same pattern as the Russians by fulfilling their own orders. The Japanese and Koreans haven't even started testing their 5th generation air crafts (from what i know).

Egyptians should do what the Saudis are doing, purchase Ballistic Missiles from China. And if possible, get the know how too.

F-35s man. They already operate a large F-16 fleet, and the F-35 is the next F-16. Those Mig-35s are going to be taken down becore they even realize it.

Platform is not enough without Active BVR from US like AIM-120C-5/7 or AIM-120D F-35 is useless for EAF.

It matters, and it depends how people perceive the war. Nepolean, Alexander, Zengis Khan, British monarchy, Japanese monarchy all proved that it matters.

You are not saying anything I am not saying, you do realize I am not saying that (Royal is guaranteed win vs Democracy) right? Oh yeah obviously you still need to read how to understand English too, go read and then come back.

Who are these "they". The beneficiaries of military rule?

Them and others. It all depends on current regional interests. When it suits the Iranian's they will claim that. When it suits the pro-military rule crowd they play that card.

with a "Super Sukhoi" (wrt InAF) with armed with Meteor/equally potent missile.
That's exactly my view. Standoff weapons are more cheaper and very effective, not to mention there is no guaranteed way of intercepting them.

I think Egypt's best bet is Ballistic Missiles, and a lot of them coupled with numerous other Stand Off weapons like land/sea/ and air launched cruise missiles along with a very effective air defence network.

There aren't that many 5th generation aircraft options out there unless Egypt wants to go for the F-35 too. The Russians are still testing their PAK-FA and will only fulfill their own requirements as well as the requirements of indian's first. The Chinese are still testing their machines and will follow the same pattern as the Russians by fulfilling their own orders. The Japanese and Koreans haven't even started testing their 5th generation air crafts (from what i know).

Egyptians should do what the Saudis are doing, purchase Ballistic Missiles from China. And if possible, get the know how too.

Ballistic Missiles are a demoralizing weapons, war is about being effective and precise now, they can stock pile 1M BMs and they would be all rendered ineffective in a single day.

Very unlikely, that platform hasn't been implemented as far as I know. Neither is there an export version. Egypt can't afford that.
Cruise Missiles, Ballistic Missiles, Cruise Missiles, Ballistic Missiles. Air Defence Network with AWACS and lots of them! Can't emphasize that enough.

Platform is not enough without Active BVR from US like AIM-120C-5/7 or AIM-120D F-35 is useless for EAF.

Yeah obviously, but when your enemy sees you half an hour before you see them, it wont matter even if you had the longest seeing radar with the longer most anglestic AA missile.

Cruise Missiles, Ballistic Missiles, Cruise Missiles, Ballistic Missiles. Air Defence Network with AWACS and lots of them! Can't emphasize that enough.

Cruise Missiles yes, BMs No.

EF or Rafale ( with Storm Shadow or TAURUS KEPD Cruise missiles)+Swedish AWACS.The euros will sell you everything in a heart beat.Come the AESA radar and Meteor+IRIS-T missiles for these babies and you'll have a good match for F35's.

Egypt used to have a ballistic missile program. Maybe they could cooperate with North Korea if China won't?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom