What's new

How Bollywood is Failing The Women of India-Forbes

I get your point but then what if a Person likes hindi movies but doesn't want to watch them anymore because 90% of them are crap because of stories too now. Bollywood now is making movies about Gay. lesbians, and affairs. What happened to the good old culture oriented movies of the 80s and the 90s
Now what can I say about that? Its a matter of personal choice.BTW, I dont think, every other movie is about gay or lesbians or sex in general.It would be rather boring that way.What you are saying is vastly open ended.But, I m quite sure, you will find movies that suit your taste.
p0rn also affects people's mind, Bollywood is not allowed to make nude films otherwise you would see Katrina and Kareena dancing butt-naked, please excuse my language
Some Indian films do have nudity.But they are rare.Also, I dont consider nudity equivalent to p0rn.As for example, nudity in Bandit Queen can never be called p0rn.

I get your point but then what if a Person likes hindi movies but doesn't want to watch them anymore because 90% of them are crap because of stories too now. Bollywood now is making movies about Gay. lesbians, and affairs. What happened to the good old culture oriented movies of the 80s and the 90s

p0rn also affects people's mind, Bollywood is not allowed to make nude films otherwise you would see Katrina and Kareena dancing butt-naked, please excuse my language

come-on man, why you have to dull the moment by being serious ;) and for the dowry, watch Star plus or something like that dowry has been shifted to never ending drama serials which only women watch and men are forced to watch as well :(
now these serial dramas are what should be banned. They are harming people in more ways than one can imagine.

Now what can I say about that? Its a matter of personal choice.BTW, I dont think, every other movie is about gay or lesbians or sex in general.It would be rather boring that way.What you are saying is vastly open ended.But, I m quite sure, you will find movies that suit your taste.

Some Indian films do have nudity.But they are rare.Also, I dont consider nudity equivalent to p0rn.As for example, nudity in Bandit Queen can never be called p0rn.
I agree, I was just giving an example, but you're right some rare movies are still good like I saw Singham the other day. I was impressed

now these serial dramas are what should be banned. They are harming people in more ways than one can imagine.
these serials are sooooo freaking addictive that I've seen one my aunts glued to the TV, watching one after the other

Agreed most of Bollywood movies nowadays are just wannabe crap, though some decent movies do release but don't get enough revenue because they lack item songs and munni alike thumkas. But I do also see a new kind of Bollywood rising gradually in movies like barfi, kahani, A Wednesday etc.

Guys I didn't read the OP. Just commenting on recently trending in Bollywood.

Agreed most of Bollywood movies nowadays are just wannabe crap, though some decent movies do release but don't get enough revenue because they lack item songs and munni alike thumkas. But I do also see a new kind of Bollywood rising gradually in movies like barfi, kahani, A Wednesday etc.

Guys I didn't read the OP. Just commenting on recently trending in Bollywood.
you've got it spot on. :enjoy:

I agree, I was just giving an example, but you're right some rare movies are still good like I saw Singham the other day. I was impressed

these serials are sooooo freaking addictive that I've seen one my aunts glued to the TV, watching one after the other

Singham??seriously ?? ehhh...

Watch Barfi.. or Swadesh( thats the only movie by Shahrukh Khan that I liked)..If you are particularly in the mood, then watcxh Gangs of Wasseypur.

Talking to kids won't change their emotions, you tell kids whats right and whats wrong, kids would chose wrong over right any day.

Kids are individuals, so they need to make their own decisions and life choices....It is the parents responsibility to talk openly with their kids in a bid to impart them the right knowledge so the kids can make these decisions/choices effectively...
I do think Indian parents consider sex ed a taboo subject and thus evade their responsibilty..
Funny how we are so attracted to western culture, but shy away from such tenants as simply talking to our kids about important life events!

you've got it spot on. :enjoy:
That's the truth. And because of this I barely go to theatres for Bollywood movies, just for Hollywood. But I do go for movies which are interesting, fun or ACTUALLY bases on decent story. Which was the last Bollywood movie you saw?

Singham??seriously ?? ehhh...

Watch Barfi.. or Swadesh( thats the only movie by Shahrukh Khan that I liked)..If you are particularly in the mood, then watcxh Gangs of Wasseypur.
haahah Yeah Singham, what can I say I've always liked Ajay Devgan's movies, but Gangs of wasseypur, you're the 3rd person who told me to watch it. Must be nice then, I like movies like Bhagat Singh(Ajay Devgan), Vaastav, Zinda, Ghajini was a nice movie as well

That's the truth. And because of this I barely go to theatres for Bollywood movies, just for Hollywood. But I do go for movies which are interesting, fun or ACTUALLY bases on decent story. Which was the last Bollywood movie you saw?
Well I'm Pakistan right now so they show commercial free movies on these local channels one after the other and they only show movies of the 90s, like they were playing Mohra a little while ago. There was this movie called Fukrey a pretty funny movie, thats probably the latest one I saw

Dude I'd recommend you Gangs of wasseypur as suggested by @nForce . It has got everything from fun to action. And acting by Manoj Vajpayee and I don't remember name of the other guy he's new, but acting was just superb.

Well I'm Pakistan right now so they show commercial free movies on these local channels one after the other and they only show movies of the 90s, like they were playing Mohra a little while ago. There was this movie called Fukrey a pretty funny movie, thats probably the latest one I saw

Yeah fukrey was fun. Though rejected it by it's name at the time of release. Then watched it on TV.

Dude I'd recommend you Gangs of wasseypur as suggested by @nForce . It has got everything from fun to action. And acting by Manoj Vajpayee and I don't remember name of the other guy he's new, but acting was just superb.

Yeah fukrey was fun. Though rejected it by it's name at the time of release. Then watched it on TV.
Manoj Vajpayee, crazy actor loved him in Satyaa, I will put it to download now, sorry its night here now otherwise I would've gone and bought the DvD but anyways the DVD is a pirated copy as well :sarcastic:

Manoj Vajpayee, crazy actor loved him in Satyaa, I will put it to download now, sorry its night here now otherwise I would've gone and bought the DvD but anyways the DVD is a pirated copy as well :sarcastic:
LOL Sahi h kaan chahe seedhe pakdo ya ulte baat to ek hi h :lol:

It's actually in two parts, precisely saying it was one but was of very long duration approx 5-6 hours, so they had to release it in two parts. Maybe team went so deep into making it awesome that they forgot to check the duration :lol:

It's actually in two parts, precisely saying it was one but was of very long duration approx 5-6 hours, so they had to release it in two parts. Maybe team went so deep into making it awesome that they forgot to check the duration :lol:
Sounds like Rahkta Charitra 1 & 2 I hope I spelled it right, it was with Vivek Oberoi, real nice movies. More the Merrier

Now that brings me to this interesting question.What is the longest movie that you have seen so far..Honest answers..

@All Others.. you try to answer the same.

Back
Top Bottom