What's new

How Bollywood is Failing The Women of India-Forbes

Is scantly dressed women in bollywood the reason for increased violence against women? I don't think so! Lot of movies potray love marriages,still our society doesn't accept it! Now,even if it actually is a reason,its a very poor and pathetic excuse to make. IMO,a women should not be raped even if she's walking around naked.

Still some film like '3 idiots' are better .They lose their value ,Indian moral value.What the heck these 3rd rate actress like Sunny Leone do in our industry?.
I won't blame the artists, they just follow a script and the director's signals. The problem is somewhere within the Producers and Obviously Public demand.I rarely watch Hindi movies now because of these reasons. We all live with family and its not comfortable watching those random songs that are shot in like 7 different beaches with bikinis and stuff Believe it or not those low-budget hindi are way better than the mainstream ones.

Don't watch things you don't like, simplified.
can you watch movies like Ragni MMS with your family?

Bollywood is in the business of making money...

Barring a few films like say Peepli Live etc, most are not tasked with creating social change or bring social issues to the limelight....their main aim is to sell tickets, CD's, online music and such..

Its a private industry and will continue to do what it needs to in order to make money...and if sex sells so be it!
It is the govt's responsibility to invest in education...NOT Bollywood's! So if some uneducated hormonal human being decides that the screen depicts reality, thats his/her stupidity and problem!

I'm completely against censorship...I dont want some no name babu telling me what I should and should not watch...
Besides, as far as corrupting Indians, there is enough **** and sleaze available in India (online or otherwise), that bollywood couldn't even make a dent..
Leave the industry alone....

Is scantly dressed women in bollywood the reason for increased violence against women? I don't think so! Lot of movies potray love marriages,still our society doesn't accept it! Now,even if it actually is a reason,its a very poor and pathetic excuse to make. IMO,a women should not be raped even if she's walking around naked.
Movies indeed can effect our minds. Check out this article for an example:
How Movies Affect People's Lives | LorAnne Yaun - Academia.edu

I watch game of thrones with my parents and mind you it has some pretty risque scenes...
Yes its awkward, but we are also adults...my parents would rather have an honest conversation with me than shove it under a carpet...at least thats how it was growing up..

Maybe parents in India and Pakistan need to swallow the bitter pill and talk to their children about sex and adulthood, rather than have their kids learn half baked truths from movies...
At least this way, the child can understand how to absorb what he/she sees on the screen rationally...

I won't blame the artists, they just follow a script and the director's signals. The problem is somewhere within the Producers and Obviously Public demand.I rarely watch Hindi movies now because of these reasons. We all live with family and its not comfortable watching those random songs that are shot in like 7 different beaches with bikinis and stuff Believe it or not those low-budget hindi are way better than the mainstream ones.

It is all about money.Youths will flow enmasse in to theatre if the stuff like this add in to it.But like you said some films are really good like '2 states'.

I like Dhoom 3 and I really love films like '3 idiots'.
But we need to debate about the influence of item dance like stuff among our illiterate youths.

What we need to do be more concerned about is eradicating illiteracy. Some item song in some movie(read Dhoom 3) is not the only source of flesh when it comes to an adolescent seeking for it.

Movies indeed can effect our minds. Check out this article for an example:
How Movies Affect People's Lives | LorAnne Yaun - Academia.edu
I still can't figure out how scantly dressed women increase sexual violence. If that was the case,several movies potray women in motherly roles,and it did not reduce sexual violence. My point is,its just a poor excuse to the raising sexual violence. Of all the **** one can get from internet,they had to blame item songs,umph!

Honestly, I can't.But then again, each and every movie is not mean to be a full-family entertainer, comprende ? I didn't watch Schindler's List with my family as well. Reasons being the same.
I get your point but then what if a Person likes hindi movies but doesn't want to watch them anymore because 90% of them are crap because of stories too now. Bollywood now is making movies about Gay. lesbians, and affairs. What happened to the good old culture oriented movies of the 80s and the 90s

I still can't figure out how scantly dressed women increase sexual violence. If that was the case,several movies potray women in motherly roles,and it did not reduce sexual violence. My point is,its just a poor excuse to the raising sexual violence. Of all the **** one can get from internet,they had to blame item songs,umph!
p0rn also affects people's mind, Bollywood is not allowed to make nude films otherwise you would see Katrina and Kareena dancing butt-naked, please excuse my language

it wasn't aimed at you but at people like the author. I wonder whats the reason behind dowry related death in India? I don't see movies portraying those kind of scenes no more.
come-on man, why you have to dull the moment by being serious ;) and for the dowry, watch Star plus or something like that dowry has been shifted to never ending drama serials which only women watch and men are forced to watch as well :(

Last edited:
major no of rapes are happening in states which have least no of cinema halls, extremely rural areas where ppl are not exposed to even TV .Largely south Indian states which have humongous craze for movies and have high no's of cinema halls are relatively safer .

sexual violence is an extension of power over ppl and it is prevalent in societies which have barriers ,where ppl are scared to stand up for their rights.

I watch game of thrones with my parents and mind you it has some pretty risque scenes...
Yes its awkward, but we are also adults...my parents would rather have an honest conversation with me than shove it under a carpet...at least thats how it was growing up..

Maybe parents in India and Pakistan need to swallow the bitter pill and talk to their children about sex and adulthood, rather than have their kids learn half baked truths from movies...
At least this way, the child can understand how to absorb what he/she sees on the screen rationally...
Talking to kids won't change their emotions, you tell kids whats right and whats wrong, kids would chose wrong over right any day.

Back
Top Bottom