What's new

How Bangladesh can reverse brain drain

I feel sorry for you for not knowing the actual scenario here in the USA. In some school, professor prefers Bangladeshi graduate students (GRA) (especially from BUET) more than any. I can give an example of my department. There are three Bangladeshi students doing their Ph.D. here in the civil engineering department. Guess what, how many Indians, None! In electrical department only one Indian GRA as compared to five Bangladeshi GRA. Even my professor rejected five IIT students to hire me. Get some knowledge man.

Oh man congratulations !

It's a two-way street.

The local firms don't want to recruit local talent and train them, only to see them go and settle abroad in a year or two. The companies are also not willing to provide the desired facilities and incentives to the employees so the graduates are also not hopeful of pursuing a career at home.

I think everything boils down to how the overall condition of the country is, be it politics, law and order, environment etc.
So true! There is a reason why almost all of my friends now settled abroad. I do not want to say all of them are selfish. Many of them actually tried to settle at home. As you said, utter negligence and underestimation from the local company forced them to leave their country. Trust me, our dreams were green and strong at the moment we graduated from BUET. However, it took no time to understand the situation, and our strong dreams were faded away. We are not proud of leaving our motherland. We had no choice. Getting paid as low as 10,000 and being treated like shit, we never signed up for this.

From what I have seen, most Indian students in the US come with self-funding or with education loans while most Bangladeshi students come with merit-based fellowships/assistantships funded by the universities. India could surely boast about the number but the quality is definitely on the Bangladeshi side.

Indians though work really hard. I have seen them living in really squalid conditions like 6/7 people crammed into a single apartment, often skipping a meal or two to save on their expenses and still perform the academic duties.

I did my masters in computer science in US. I had one Bangladeshi in my class and he would get angry if I have not shared my assignments with him. He feels like I am obligated to share my notes. I clearly observed the Bangladeshi whining and entitlement potential.

By the way, who does PhD in Civil engineering? That is not one of the STEM course.
I can tell you my story. Two Indians have got rusticated for copying my report as is (if you know what is the term plagiarism means). Listen, I am not telling Indians are stupid. I am telling you that your observation is wrong. Based on my experience I could have said to you that all Indians cannot do anything but copy other's reports. You guys are good, so do we. Do not just consider something out of nothing. Again, good day.
From what I have seen, most Indian students in the US come with self-funding or with education loans while most Bangladeshi students come with merit-based fellowships/assistantships funded by the universities. India could surely boast about the number but the quality is definitely on the Bangladeshi side.

Indians though work really hard. I have seen them living in really squalid conditions like 6/7 people crammed into a single apartment, often skipping a meal or two to save on their expenses and still perform the academic duties.
You are absolutely right in this regard!

I can tell you my story. Two Indians have got rusticated for copying my report as is (if you know what is the term plagiarism means). Listen, I am not telling Indians are stupid. I am telling you that your observation is wrong. Based on my experience I could have said to you that all Indians cannot do anything but copy other's reports. You guys are good, so do we. Do not just consider something out of nothing. Again, good day.

Again facts speak differently. There are about 8800 Bangladeshis studying in US in 2019-20 to over 200000 indians in the same year. And India has been at it for quite a long time. Having 8000 odd students studying abroad with no particular achievements as a community other than your personal accounts hardly constitute brain drain. I have wasted enough time already. Good luck with your delusions.

By the way, who does PhD in Civil engineering? That is not one of the STEM course.
Wait, what? Are you f'ing serious?
Brother, you are talking nonsense.
Please check. Even I am feeling disgusted answering such a question.

Wait, what? Are you f'ing serious?
Brother, you are talking nonsense.
Please check. Even I am feeling disgusted answering such a question.
Sorry. I have not seen anyone wanting to do phd in civil engineering. I guess it is a STEM course but don't blame me for not thinking so.

Again facts speak differently. There are about 8800 Bangladeshis studying in US in 2019-20 to over 200000 indians in the same year. And India has been at it for quite a long time. Having 8000 odd students studying abroad with no particular achievements as a community other than your personal accounts hardly constitute brain drain. I have wasted enough time already. Good luck with your delusions.
You won! I do not argue with a stupid person. Civil engineering is not under STEM. Wow! I have serious concerns about your education qualification right now. Please be happy with whatever you know. Do not quote me anymore. I do not want to talk with you.

A large number of Indian students also connected with visa fraud. Have you heard about the University of Farmington controversy? Apparently there are some universities which recruit students with low credentials from India to facilitate their entry to the US.

A large number of Indian students also connected with visa fraud. Have you heard about the University of Farmington controversy? Apparently there are some universities which recruit students with low credentials from India to facilitate their entry to the US.
That is true. There are consultancies exploiting students. However it is embassy duty to check for such frauds.

I wouldn't call it exploitation to be honest. The Indian students very well know the entire business.
It is exploitation. Those students are hardly 20 year old, they don't know right to wrong. It's the consultants out of greed show them dreams. They usually pay a lot more than required to such consultants.

Still my point stand, it is absolutely the responsibility of embassy and the country to weed out such fake universities and protect students.

Let me share one big story with you. Indians are trying to push a bill a few days ago (S386). On top of all other crap, this bill will allow Indians to have no country cap for getting green cards. Indians have scammed the H1B sector so badly that it took more than 15 to 20 years for an Indian to get a green card. If the S386 bill would have been passed, that would be the end of "American Dreams" for the rest of the world. Indian had lobbied (read bribed) almost all senators. Luckily they failed at the last moment. Not only education sectors, in every sectors they are trying to scam. Professors nowadays do not prefer Indian students because they typically brag saying they know everything, which comes out false many times. Our university had been through so many cases like this. Eventually, my department stopped hiring Indian students as GRA.

It is exploitation. Those students are hardly 20 year old, they don't know right to wrong. It's the consultants out of greed show them dreams. They usually pay a lot more than required to such consultants.

Still my point stand, it is absolutely the responsibility of embassy and the country to weed out such fake universities and protect students.

There is no way to prove if a prostitute has been raped or not.

I have seen there are pretty extensive awareness programs by EducationUSA and its quite easy to verify if a university is legitimate or not.

Back
Top Bottom