What's new

How Bangladesh can reverse brain drain

Let me share one big story with you. Indians are trying to push a bill a few days ago (S386). On top of all other crap, this bill will allow Indians to have no country cap for getting green cards. Indians have scammed the H1B sector so badly that it took more than 15 to 20 years for an Indian to get a green card. If the S386 bill would have been passed, that would be the end of "American Dreams" for the rest of the world. Indian had lobbied (read bribed) almost all senators. Luckily they failed at the last moment. Not only education sectors, in every sectors they are trying to scam. Professors nowadays do not prefer Indian students because they typically brag saying they know everything, which comes out false many times. Our university had been through so many cases like this. Eventually, my department stopped hiring Indian students as GRA.

I know one IIT student who was even willing to work for a professor for free but still got rejected. You are right. Few universities now require extra administrative vetting for Indian students and their credentials.

Bangladesh can create more jobs via FDI by enabling better education , and then use that money they get to grow the economy. Also in the meantime grow your own homegrown tech industries for ex like electronics or automobiles.

Bangladesh in that way can stop brain drain

Again facts speak differently. There are about 8800 Bangladeshis studying in US in 2019-20 to over 200000 indians in the same year. And India has been at it for quite a long time. Having 8000 odd students studying abroad with no particular achievements as a community other than your personal accounts hardly constitute brain drain. I have wasted enough time already. Good luck with your delusions.
so called “desh bhakts” waiting for rest of their lives in a green card queue, birthing babies that will be American by birth, never intending to return back to their “desh” to help make it “aatma nirbhar”. What a bunch of colossal hypocrites pumping $$$ into dog and pony shows like Howdy Gobi.

Abey lungi mind your language suvvar. He was darker and shorter than me. He is like that Bangladeshi cricketers, ugly as hell.
Your south indian kind are famous for being kala and ugly lol, go take a bad look in the mirror kalli.

Your south indian kind are famous for being kala and ugly lol, go take a bad look in the mirror kalli.
Chal be.
so called “desh bhakts” waiting for rest of their lives in a green card queue, birthing babies that will be American by birth, never intending to return back to their “desh” to help make it “aatma nirbhar”. What a bunch of colossal hypocrites pumping $$$ into dog and pony shows like Howdy Gobi.
No problem. They are more useful there than here. I am for one have returned.

I don't think ts going to stop any time soon, until there are better research universities.

Oh I am sure those that are desperately trying to get out of India by visiting Visa Temples would like to differ with you.

Going to study abroad is not brain drain, brain drain is when your talent stays back in somewhere else and helps in the progress of that country.

Going to study abroad is not brain drain, brain drain is when your talent stays back in somewhere else and helps in the progress of that country.

I have seen the visas people seek from India, they aren't student Visas, they are work Visas like H1B types.

C'mon man, who are you kidding - huh??

No Indian man/woman I ever met wanted to go back to India. If they got to stay in the US, even by sweeping floors, they'd gladly do it.

As if India ab Amrika ban gaya.

Stop smoking funny cigarettes.

Indians are desperate to get out of India....

I have seen the visas people seek from India, they aren't student Visas, they are work Visas like H1B types.

C'mon man, who are you kidding - huh??

No Indian man/woman I ever met wanted to go back to India. If they got to stay in the US, even by sweeping floors, they'd gladly do it.

As if India ab Amrika ban gaya.

Stop smoking funny cigarettes.

Indians are desperate to get out of India....
I am not claiming or nor is it happening that every Indian that goes comes back, but Bangalore city in particular is seeing a hige reverse brain drain and students are returning back after studies.

Again facts speak differently. There are about 8800 Bangladeshis studying in US in 2019-20 to over 200000 indians in the same year.

thats a ratio of almost 2:1 in favour of India. but when you consider the big difference in population size of India and Bangladesh then its actually a great achievement by Bangladesh that the ratio is as low as 2:1
You won! I do not argue with a stupid person.

there is an arabic proverb
"i debated a scholar, i won the debate. i debated an idiot, i lost the debate."

Last edited:
thats a ratio of almost 2:1 in favour of India. but when you consider the big difference in population size of India and Bangladesh then its actually a great achievement by Bangladesh that the ratio is as low as 2:1

there is an arabic proverb
"i debated with a scholar, i won the debate. i debated the same topic later with an idiot, i lost the debate."
Read it right. It is 22:1 (not 2:1). You seriously think Bangladeshis can match us. Lol. You must have fallen for their propaganda.

Read it right. It is 22:1 (not 2:1). You seriously think Bangladeshis can match us. Lol. You must have fallen for their propaganda.

i did read it right. there were 5 zeros after the 2. unless you later edited it.

You seriously think Bangladeshis can match us. Lol. You must have fallen for their propaganda.

if China and USA (with a smaller population) can have much bigger economies and education system than India, then i dont see why Bangladesh with a population of 160 million cant do it. its about having a single vision and everyone working towards it.

i did read it right. there were 5 zeros after the 2. unless you later edited it.

if China and USA (with a smaller population) can have much bigger economies and education system than India, then i dont see why Bangladesh with a population of 160 million cant do it. its about having a single vision and everyone working towards it.
what is 8800 to 200000? use calculator. Bangladesh uses its BBS to manipulate data that's all. You know how many smartphones they sell in that country 7 million compared to 157 million in India (23:1). You know how many new cars they sell in that country 3000 compared to 3 million in India (1000:1). They stitch GDP numbers along with chaddis, that's all. Pakistan is way better than that country.

India's revenue is $650 billion compared to $26 billion of Bangladesh. Yet we are supposed to believe Bangladesh has better percapita. Visit Dhaka, their only major city and then comment.

Last edited:
what is 8800 to 200000? use calculator. Bangladesh uses its BBS to manipulate data that's all. You know how many smartphones they sell in that country 7 million compared to 157 million in India (23:1). You know how many new cars they sell in that country 3000 compared to 3 million in India (1000:1). They stitch GDP numbers along with chaddis, that's all. Pakistan is way better than that country.

ah, sorry. my bad. i thought it was 88 thousand. my figures were wrong.

Back
Top Bottom