What's new

How Armenia lost the war

I hope Azerbaijan presses it's tactical and political advantage and squeezes armenia to death in a pincer with t*rkey.

As it is, Georgia is not particularly interested in aiding and abetting a russian client, especially in the current climate and Iran won't offer any support on the Karabakh issue to the axpers either.

Baku did absolutely right.

I hope Azerbaijan presses it's tactical and political advantage and squeezes armenia to death in a pincer with t*rkey.

As it is, Georgia is not particularly interested in aiding and abetting a russian client, especially in the current climate and Iran won't offer any support on the Karabakh issue to the axpers either.

Baku did absolutely right.
A Persian who is anti-Arnenian? How come?

I actually know and have interacted with armenians, unlike most Iranians.

Suffice it to say that I despise them on ethnic, religious, political, historical and personal grounds.

My only reservation is their defeat must not come at Tehran's cost, that's all. Beyond that, I wouldn't care even if Enver Pasha returned to life and picked up where he left off.

They never remotely stood a chance. Their victory in the first Karabakh war was entirely due to the chaos within the Azerbaijani Armed Forces rather then performance by the Armenian Armed Forces themselves. An organized and properly structured Azeri Armed Forces at full readiness and fighting capacity was always going to come out on top, on top of that they simply kept on improving and reforming much of their doctrines and structures, not to mention having a technological edge in practically every single branch. In their infinite ignorance they thought they could repeat that borderline lucky success of the first war, as if the world stood still and no progress or improvements had been made in the slightest within their enemy's ranks. What a profoundly moronic policy, fueled by a deluded sense of security and superior capability even though they have done **** all for the last 3 decades.

He is talking his own personal opinion...Armenians in Iran are very well respected..I lived my teenage years in a neighborhood that had many Armenians..great people and well integrated with the Iranians..Iranians never look at someone religion ..we consider them all Iranians..Iran would never allow Arminia territory to be changed.

Last edited:
They never remotely stood a chance. Their victory in the first Karabakh war was entirely due to the chaos within the Azerbaijani Armed Forces rather then performance by the Armenian Armed Forces themselves. An organized and properly structured Azeri Armed Forces at full readiness and fighting capacity was always going to come out on top, on top of that they simply kept on improving and reforming much of their doctrines and structures, not to mention having a technological edge in practically every single branch. In their infinite ignorance they thought they could repeat that borderline lucky success of the first war, as if the world stood still and no progress or improvements had been made in the slightest within their enemy's ranks. What a profoundly moronic policy, fueled by a deluded sense of security and superior capability even though they have done **** all for the last 3 decades.

Your last sentence is also summing up why the entire OP is full of proven propaganda. The Armenians deliberately refused to invest in their military forces since the last war with Azerbaijan. They still cling to Soviet-era tactics while the Azeri army has been transformed into a 21st century military power mostly thanks to Turkish input.

It's not all about resources either. Unlike the Armenians, the Azeris were eager to learn. They had the motivation and a goal to fight for. Everyone knew that the war between the two was just put on hold.

The truth is that Armenians naively believed that having a certain level of leverage in Washington and Paris would save their butts which was a false assumption to begin with.

They neglected their military and everything related to that sector. I'd also like to know where the Armenian generals have been for the past 30 years? Blaiming the civil leadership is easy but the military leadership is as guilty as them if not more.

All in all, Armenia was and still is a big mess.

He is talking his own personal opinion...Armenians in Iran are very well respected..I lived my teenage years in a neighborhood that had many Armenians..great people and well integrated with the Iranians..Iranians never look at someone religion ..we consider them all Iranians..Iran would never allow Arminia territory to be changed.
Oh, the Persian papa is gonna intervene and make the naughty children behave?

A little to late for that, Mr. Persian Princess: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–2022_Armenia–Azerbaijan_border_crisis

After the first war and victory, Armenia relied on Russia for protection but since Armenian new pro west policy, Russia simply backed off. France on the other hand gave threats but didn't take action because Turkey made it clear they will defend and support Azerbaijan to take back its territory. Armenia made mistakes and it cost them alot of territory. Hopefully peace agreement is signed between the 2 Nations and they can move on.

Unless Iran gets to have a slice of the cake right? They literally claim the entirely of North and North-West Iran as Armenian. You are also a highly radicalized revolutionary rogue state where religion is central to its values and identity, that is actively trying to export this to other countries in the region. Some next level delusion from a man who lives across an entire ocean from Iran lmao. Nothing wrong with pride in your heritage, doesn't mean you get to make up narratives that reinforce your present geopolitical ideological narrative. We get it, you are afraid of Turkey connecting with the rest of Central Asia, that is an understandable concern from an Iranian POV. No need to pretend to give a rats *** about Armenians.

Unless Iran gets to have a slice of the cake right? They literally claim the entirely of North and North-West Iran as Armenian. You are also a highly radicalized revolutionary rogue state where religion is central to its values and identity, that is actively trying to export this to other countries in the region. Some next level delusion from a man who lives across an entire ocean from Iran lmao. Nothing wrong with pride in your heritage, doesn't mean you get to make up narratives that reinforce your present geopolitical ideological narrative. We get it, you are afraid of Turkey connecting with the rest of Central Asia, that is an understandable concern from an Iranian POV. No need to pretend to give a rats *** about Armenians.

I’m pretty sure Persian nationalists claim all of Anatolia too, but that’s best left for a different discussion.

I’m pretty sure Persian nationalists claim all of Anatolia too, but that’s best left for a different discussion.
The idea that their relationship is based on anything more then a shared geopolitical concern for Turkish influence in Caucasus and Central Asia is laughable. You get these types of comments pretending like they are BFF's even though Armenians in reality not only despises Muslims, but have actively destroyed practically all Islamic structures, mosques, names, heritage, people's and etc with Armenia. On the other hand you have the Iranians who are so radical and extremist that their entire foreign policy is based around exporting this "revolution". Its funny seeing these two sides pretending to like each other while secretly seething and coping at Turks. I just think its absolutely laughable. They are really concerned of Turkish influence, that's totally understandable from an objective point of view, but to pretend the relationship goes deeper then that it just devolves into a funny muppet show. If they cared about "Armenian lands" then they can go ahead and give the entirety of North-Iran, and relinquish any claim they have on Azerbaijan because guess what they claim that as well. Its clear he hasn't had any interaction with Armenians yet, but once he does he will learn. The mental gymnastics are going to be amazing on this one :)

They never remotely stood a chance.
I think if the their government wasn't traitorous,they would have resisted far more and they would have caused far heavier casualties to the Azeris. They would have probably lost,but they could have probably achieved a far better deal at the ceasefire.

Their victory in the first Karabakh war was entirely due to the chaos within the Azerbaijani Armed Forces rather then performance by the Armenian Armed Forces themselves.
I agree that the Azeri Army was in complete chaos during the first war. But the Armenians are skilled and brave fighters. They've always been. But the numbers,both in manpower and equipment were on the Azeri side. Like you said though,they were in chaos. Corruption,incompetent officers,sometimes low morale etc.

An organized and properly structured Azeri Armed Forces at full readiness and fighting capacity was always going to come out on top, on top of that they simply kept on improving and reforming much of their doctrines and structures, not to mention having a technological edge in practically every single branch.
I agree,they were far better prepared and equipped this time. They had the technological advantage for years now. T-90 tanks,BMP-3s,MRAPs,artillery,S-300PMU2,Spyder,Barak-8 systems and even Buk-1M. Not to mention the UAVs...

The Armenians remained almost the same,having old Soviet vehicles and systems in their majority. Of course,we can't compare the economy and population of Armenia and Azerbaijan,but still. You don't buy used OSA AK from Jordan instead of new AA systems and call it a success.
In their infinite ignorance they thought they could repeat that borderline lucky success of the first war, as if the world stood still and no progress or improvements had been made in the slightest within their enemy's ranks. What a profoundly moronic policy, fueled by a deluded sense of security and superior capability even though they have done **** all for the last 3 decades.
Their defensive positions were extremely well-made and very strong,however two things they didn't expect:

1.The inability of their old,Soviet AA systems to destroy UCAVs
2.The fact that the Azeri army maneuvered past their static defensive lines.

Add to that,the fact that Pashinyan's government wouldn't send them reinforcements when they needed it. For example,they could defend against a certain point,but the reinforcements from Armenia would not be there.

Like you said,they probably thought the Russians would protect them,but the Russians got angry with the change of government.

PersianNinja is a very weird poster. I know that most Iranians have good relations with Armenians and often visit Yerevan.
But this guy just...I don't know,he hates everything.

Armenia should take the loss and learn to live with their neighbors in peace.
Ok,go back to Pakistan and go to Azad Kashmir and live in peace with your Indian neighbors.

Armenians lost to Azeris because Armenians were using Indian weopns while Azeris were using superior Turkish and Pakistani weapons.
What Indian weapons did Armenians have? 🙄 Nothing. They had Soviet and Russian weapons and equipment.

Back
Top Bottom