What's new

Hong Kong's immunised who died of Covid-19 mainly got Sinovac vaccine: Media

We do have age-adjusted data for vaccine effectiveness for Delta. We don't have the granular data for Omicron yet, but I suspect it's the same just looking at HK numbers.

STUDY BASED ON LOCAL DATA REAFFIRMS THAT MRNA VACCINES OFFER BETTER PROTECTION AGAINST COVID-19​

View attachment 825736

15TH DEC 2021​

A recent study based on local data by National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID) and the Ministry of Health’s (MOH) COVID-19 Data Management and Analytics Team found that individuals who received two doses of the Sinovac-CoronaVac COVID-19 vaccine were observed to have lower protection against severe disease from infection with the Delta variant compared to those who received two doses of Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty or Moderna mRNA vaccine. This supports the need for three doses of Sinovac-Coronavac vaccine as a primary series.

Key Findings

2. The study period was from 1 October 2021 to 21 November 2021 and covered 1.25 million individuals. The persons in the study cohort were those aged 40 years and above, who received two doses of the vaccines under the National Vaccination Programme. The analysis accounted for differences in age, gender, race, housing type and the daily differences in infection rate.

3. Based on analysis of local data, the effectiveness of two doses of the Sinovac-CoronaVac vaccine was 60% against severe disease, lower than that of Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty or Moderna mRNA vaccines which were 90% and 97% respectively.

4. These results support the need for three doses of Sinovac-CoronaVac vaccines as a primary series to attain better protection against severe disease, defined as requiring oxygen, intensive care unit (ICU) care and death due to COVID-19.

Boosters Recommended for Maximum Protection

5. As persons who have received two doses of the Sinovac-CoronaVac vaccine were observed to have lower protection against severe disease, they are recommended to receive a dose of a Pandemic Special Access Route-authorised mRNA vaccine as a third dose of their primary vaccination series. Otherwise, they should complete their primary series with a third dose of the Sinovac-CoronaVac.

6. This recommendation is also substantiated by international findings. Based on preliminary data from Chile, persons who received the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty vaccine as the third dose after two doses of the Sinovac-CoronaVac vaccine had a 95% reduction in the risks of infection. In contrast, the risk reduction in persons who received Sinovac-CoronaVac as the third dose was 71%. The antibody rise was also observed to be around 27 times higher when the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty vaccine was received as the third dose compared to if Sinovac-CoronaVac vaccine was received.

7. All eligible persons will be able to receive their booster doses of the mRNA vaccine five months after completing their primary vaccination series. We will continue to monitor the vaccine effectiveness of the mRNA and non-mRNA vaccines, including how they are enhanced by a third dose or a booster dose. In the meantime, all persons who are eligible for their boosters should get boosted when it is offered to them.

NATIONAL CENTRE FOR INFECTIOUS DISEASES
MINISTRY OF HEALTH’S COVID-19 DATA MANAGEMENT AND ANALYTICS TEAM
15 DECEMBER 2021

/

View attachment 825737

Which means to say, Pfizer can lower severe cases by 4x compared to Sinovac, and Moderna can lower severe cases by 3.33x compared to Pfizer.
They didn't adjust for more people with preexisting health problems tend to take sinovac.

They didn't adjust for more people with preexisting health problems tend to take sinovac.

Lol, what a try hard. You guys are grasping at straws to make an obvious losing argument substantiated by other international findings.

It's okay. Good luck.

你说Chinese的时候也把自己包括进去了,也把你祖宗包括进去了,摊手.

Obviously I don't see myself as a Chinese national, so please don't conflate both when I said I was referring to Chinese national and not Chinese ethnic.

Obviously I don't see myself as a Chinese national, so please don't conflate both when I said I was referring to Chinese national and not Chinese ethnic.
和你主观意识无关,客观事实而已.

You’re still a chink to white people. You’re no different.

Why should I care whether I'm chink to the white people or not? I'm different from you, an ethnic minority living in a white majority country and therefore insecure about his own identity. Idgaf whether a white or black think I'm a chink or not, because unlike you I don't have to seek their validation in the society I'm living in lmao.

“Our community has finally arrived in the West,” the British Chinese actor and writer said via telephone from Birmingham. “Every Chinese person around the world should be immensely proud of Shang-Chi.”
For Tse, the actor and writer, “Shang-Chi” is all the more important because of the rampant anti-Asian racism, discrimination and violence unleashed by the coronavirus pandemic.

“This is a pushback for all the Asian hate crimes against us. It’s an answer to all the bigots who have been against us for decades,” he said. “Shang-Chi is us reclaiming our culture. It says globally, culturally, this is a new tide of history.”

I'm ethnic Chinese, but I really don't care how Marvel depicts Chinese or Shang-chi or Shang Qi or whatever it is spelled.

Asians living in the West don't represent Asians living in Asia, so they shouldn't frame it like it's "glorious" for all Chinese/Asians to have a Chinese or an Asian depicted in Marvel. It sounds so stupid to us to say that an honorary character in Marvel is going to 'reclaim our culture'.

We Asians living in Asia don't need reaffirmation from the West (what's more from Marvel lmao) on our identities, for we are not insecure about our identities or culture. They should speak for themselves.

Why should I care whether I'm chink to the white people or not? I'm different from you, an ethnic minority living in a white majority country and therefore insecure about his own identity. Idgaf whether a white or black think I'm a chink or not because I don't have to seek their validation lmao.

Actually Singaporeans are the ones who are insecure because they keep kissing up to white people by bashing China. Wake the hell ip. White people are not on your side.

Actually Singaporeans are the ones who are insecure because they keep kissing up to white people by bashing China. Wake the hell ip. White people are not on your side.

Lol. You're sounding as binary as a mainland Chinese pink on the internet. The world revolves around China, and I must be for or against China in every thread? I can't have my own independent thinking? Calling out Sinovac as a relative ineffective vaccine means I must be bashing China and kissing up to the white? I must go around chanting 祖国伟大我骄傲,此生不悔入华夏?

What a joke. Again, please don't apply your self-perception and insecurity on me. I could care less whether white people are on my side or not. Unlike you, I don't have to bash China or use the rise of China to seek their validation.

Lol. You're sounding as binary as a mainland Chinese pink on the internet. The world revolves around China, and I must be for or against China in every thread? I can't have my own independent thinking? Calling out Sinovac as a relative ineffective vaccine means I must be bashing China and kissing up to the white? I must go around chanting 祖国伟大我骄傲,此生不悔入华夏?

What a joke. Again, please don't apply your self-perception and insecurity on me. I could care less whether white people are on my side or not. Unlike you, I don't have to bash China or use the rise of China to seek their validation.
I noticed your interest is mainly to bash China and to bring out every bad news about China in every possible way in the forum , you SG are whites' lackeys, no doubt ! It's your PM that had convinced and brought the evil Yankees back to Southeast Asia and South China sea to counterbalance and contain Chinese influences there during Obama's time. You SG are anti-China and anti-Chinese in the bone and wanted to be accepted in the whitemen's club.

Last edited:

Then why does it seem like most of your posts are anti-China, yet you don't hold similarly critical attitudes towards the West? This is why I do not feel Singaporeans like you are honest at all. You disguise your deep colonial mentality and deep need to gain approval by your White masters by bashing China, yet you try to pass it off as your own opinion. Yet, the West commits far more heinous and egregious crimes against humanity worldwide and it is complete silence from your kind.

The Anglo Zionists have basically declared an unofficial race war against the Chinese race, and regardless of your citizenship, if you are Chinese, you are a target. By blasting their fake news and villifying propaganda non stop, you and I will also experience being targeted everywhere we go around the world because of the vile Anglo Zionist propaganda machine despite the fact that we are not Chinese nationals.

Back
Top Bottom