Status
Not open for further replies.

Snomannen

Reaction score
Country
Macao
osted on 23 September 2012 - 07:05pm
Last updated on 23 September 2012 - 09:26pm

HONG KONG (Sept 23, 2012): Thousands of Muslims in Hong Kong protested against an anti-Islam film and French cartoons Sunday, briefly scuffling with police as they tried to deliver a letter to the US consulate.

The protesters, who numbered more than 3,000 according to police and organisers, held up banners to denounce the film and cartoons as they marched through the city chanting "Allahu akbar" or "God is greater".

The group, including women in headscarf and children, briefly clashed with police as they tried to break through a cordon outside the US consulate to deliver a petition letter, according to an AFP reporter at the scene.

"Freedom of speech should not be used against any religion," Saeed Uddin of the Incorporated Trustees of the Islamic Community Fund of Hong Kong, a group that claims it represents some 300,000 Muslims in the city, said before the march.

"This is not the first time that our Holy Prophet has been insulted and attacked," he said, branding the cartoons and the film as "malicious, disrespectful and derogatory".

Uddin, a Pakistani who has lived in the southern Chinese city for 35 years, urged the American and French governments to take action against the filmmaker and cartoonist who are behind the controversial works.

The "Innocence of Muslims" film, an amateur production that went virtually unnoticed for months, has sparked violent protests across the Muslim world and left more than 50 people dead since September 11.

A Pakistani minister on Saturday placed a $100,000 bounty on the head of the filmmaker and called on the Taliban and Al-Qaeda to join the hunt.

French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo on Wednesday published cartoons portraying Prophet Mohammed, further fuelling Muslim anger. – AFP

Hong Kong Muslims protest anti-Islam film, cartoons | theSundaily

mfile_55_871661_1.jpg

mfile_55_871661_2.jpg

You have to be peaceful in HK, the Chinese dont put up with any BS.

They had better behave. It is China's land and we will not allow them to go out of hand.

Moreover, actually cartoons are just cartoons. They had made fun of tons of people around the world even including Mao. If Mao can be even made fun of there, who the heck care about Mohammad being made fun in Hong Kong???

Thanks for being honest and saying that loud and clear here in pdf as a Chinese.I am sure many Chinese members have the same opinion, it's just that they won't say it publicly.

They had better behave. It is China's land and we will not allow them to go out of hand.

Moreover, actually cartoons are just cartoons. They had made fun of tons of people around the world even including Mao. If Mao can be even made fun of there, who the heck care about Mohammad being made fun in Hong Kong???

Muslims are very peaceful in HK, there will not be a trouble around.

In fact Muslims are all very nice in China, except of a few group of Uighur, they even cause trouble with their Muslim brothers Hui and Kazakh.

In fact Muslims are all very nice in China, except of a few group of Uighur, they even cause trouble with their Muslim brothers Hui and Kazakh.

Just remember one thing - If they do what they did in my country - Vandalism and Arson - Hang them along with their Leaders !

Thanks for being honest and saying that loud and clear here in pdf as a Chinese.I am sure many Chinese members have the same opinion, it's just that they won't say it publicly.

Chinese don't even care if some woman wears goddess Laxmi's swimsuit & panty. Don't come barking for chinese heartless nature weard remarks lie the one u indians did ealier.

Chinese don't even care if some woman wears goddess Laxmi's swimsuit & panty. Don't come barking for chinese heartless nature weard remarks lie the one u indians did ealier.

hope you will say same thing if some body put face of people who you like,worship , on under wear or shoes. have a nice day.

We will put down whoever trying to making a fuss and we do not care whoever they worship. In China, religions are below the law. Your gods are below the law.

In Rome, do as the romans do.

You do not walk into a christian's home cursing Jesus as well. It applies to every religions.

However, in Hong Kong, it is a city that holds every religions. So none will be above the other and every religions are below the law.

Just remember one thing - If they do what they did in my country - Vandalism and Arson - Hang them along with their Leaders !

Wow! 300,000 Muslim in Hong Kong? I didn't realize their number are that high and am assume most of them are South Asians, as foreign workers or citizens.

And I found this: Islam in Hong Kong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are a large no of Indonesian Muslims living in HK!

We will put down whoever trying to making a fuss and we do not care whoever they worship. In China, religions are below the law. Your gods are below the law.

In Rome, do as the romans do.

You do not walk into a christian's home cursing Jesus as well. It applies to every religions.

However, in Hong Kong, it is a city that holds every religions. So none will be above the other and every religions are below the law.

dont make a fuss here! The Muslims were there for a peaceful demostration as enshrined by the Basic Law and they dont need lectures!

You have to be peaceful in HK, the Chinese dont put up with any BS.

you cannot speak for us. There has never ever been any violence in the Muslim community in HK! They are respected by the people of HK and they have the right to demonstrate according to the Law of HK as I have said!

If they try to do anything nasty they will be crushed then and there since unlike our Congress their CPC dosen't need to worry about muslim vote bank :p sometimes i really admire china

If they try to do anything nasty they will be crushed then and there since unlike our Congress their CPC dosen't need to worry about muslim vote bank :p sometimes i really admire china

You better worry about your own backyards. The Muslims' protest in HK standout as some of the good examples of what peaceful demonstrations should be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom