What's new

Hong Kong like special status to Gwadar.

If the port becomes as important for china as is being made out, the china would indeed eventually get hong kong like control over it.
You are trolling

Don't worry about the future of Gwadar it is an integral part of Pakistan as much as is Kashmir. Now this thread is neither about Kashmir nor Chinese occupying it in future... So get back to topic

You are trolling

Don't worry about the future of Gwadar it is an integral part of Pakistan as much as is Kashmir. Now this thread is neither about Kashmir nor Chinese occupying it in future... So get back to topic

Hong kong's status is semi autonomous with Chinese control, that confused me. In any case I agree gwadar will remain as much Pakistan's integral part as is Kashmir :P

OK I'm out of here :P

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Friday expressed optimism on the possibility of transforming Gwadar in Balochistan into a successful free port on the same lines as Hong Kong to attract foreign investment and boost national economy.

Prime Minister Sharif said similar projects could be conceived in Lahore and Karachi, including underground Metro Train service in the two mega cities and added that China had shown keen interest in the project.

Nawaz for giving ?Hong Kong like status? to Gwadar - DAWN.COM

I think PM Nawaz Sharif by free port meant a special economic zone:
Special economic zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Special Economic Zone (SEZ) is a geographical region that is designed to export goods and provide employment. SEZs are exempt from federal laws regarding taxes, quotas, FDI-bans, labour laws and other restrictive laws in order to make the goods manufactured in the SEZ at a globally competitive price.

The category SEZ includes free trade zones (FTZ), export processing Zones (EPZ), free Zones (FZ), industrial parks or industrial estates (IE), free ports, free economic zones, and urban enterprise zones.

Late Ziaur Rahman, our former President, introduced one right next to Chittagong port (where I have been) followed by many others in Dhaka and other places. They are very popular and successful with foreign investors who setup factories. Chittagong EPZ has many Pakistani owned factories.

I think it is a great idea for Gwadar, not sure why it didn't have any SEZ yet.

SEZ's should not be confused with SAR's, like Hong Kong and Macau, both of whom were land leased to former colonial powers, UK and Portugal:
Special administrative region - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whats wrong with that statement. Unless the owner of the land in Rawat wants to sell, you cannot do anything there.
:confused:

no i am not
and i am not average Indian you are dealing with, don't try make fool out of me.

Pakistan should allow the Chinese Navy to set up a Base at Gwadar.

Back
Top Bottom