What's new

Homosexuals of Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are lots of homosexuals or bisexuals in western society and even perhaps a few among the members contributing on this thread. These guys while analyzing their psyche are identifying gestures of behavioral traits that are otherwise considered normal in society, like paternal/fraternal love, as manifestation of homosexuality and extrapolating it to other people who are not homosexual.

So you think they are sick people? What would you suggest should be the consensus towards gays in Pakistani society. Currently don't ask don't tell is the norm I would say, however should they be a bit more open in order to help these people who many believe are sick??

I know about the norms in the US.

Than you would know that the attitudes towards gays in the US itself is mostly negative so expecting an uneducated polarized society such as Pakistan to be more forthcoming towards them is unrealistic.

I have a simple question for people fighting for rights of homosexual here

Would you guys accept it if your own daughter/sister/brother choose(or born) to be lesbian/gays? Give me answer in yes or NO. Their hypocrisy of modernity will be evident in their answers. I would have to meet any Pakistani or Indian who will give such rights to their own brother or sister before defending for others :)

If homosexuality is not choice then i don't see the reason for punishment of homosexuality in all major religion. Why God should punish you for something which is not in your control and you are born with it. Punishment don't seem fair if homosexuality is in one's genes and is not the result of nurturing. I personally don't believe any behavioural aspect of any person's life is set in stone from birth. Sexual orientation or attraction is not constant and may keep changing. You would have fantasies about something and then it would become your reality. Sexuality is a very complex construction

still no excuse to go around sytoning peeps

Than you would know that the attitudes towards gays in the US itself is mostly negative so expecting an uneducated polarized society such as Pakistan to be more forthcoming towards them is unrealistic.

Not true. The US is definitely quite conservative compared to Europe, but it has an equal measure of liberals. Infact the majority of people today believe that gay rights should be given.

Public opinion of same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But we are not debating marriage rights for gay people, we are just talking about whether homosexuality itself is a sin/mental sickness/choice. Which it isnt.

Of course Pakistan will take a long time before it accepts such facts, but the topic deals with just that. And without talking about it, how would anyone be introduced to a different point of view?

We will never get to that low we don't tolerate criminals and evils in our society we will get rid of this evil and stop it from spreading in our society

How does this 'spread'?
It's always constant, always

Not true. The US is definitely quite conservative compared to Europe, but it has an equal measure of liberals. Infact the majority of people today believe that gay rights should be given.

Public opinion of same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But we are not debating marriage rights for gay people, we are just talking about whether homosexuality itself is a sin/mental sickness/choice. Which it isnt.

Of course Pakistan will take a long time before it accepts such facts, but the topic deals with just that. And without talking about it, how would anyone be introduced to a different point of view?

I am talking about attitudes towards gays, I myself believe that they should be given the same rights as married couples yet I find them repulsive and the majority of Americans feel the same way especially the youth (maybe I am a bit younger than you are but I have been educated here my whole life so I know how it is nowadays). You being an atheist cannot say what is sin or not Wicker and I do not know if it a sickness but the gays who claim they have been born that way have yet to prove otherwise either. Also the final point is what I meant how can people change views on things nobody wants to discuss.

Let me give you another example- the US military. In the army if they find out a person is gay they will abuse the person (usually beating with soap stuffed in a pillow case which leaves no bruises until said person leaves that particular unit) and although most of the soldiers have no problems with gays when they get home, they do not even want them in their units. This coming from the army which is considered a brotherhood now that tells you something about peoples views towards homosexuals.

Also I have known a bisexual dude and although I had no problems with him his presence alone made a lot of people uncomfortable.

There are lots of homosexuals or bisexuals in western society and even perhaps a few among the members contributing on this thread. These guys while analyzing their psyche are identifying gestures of behavioral traits that are otherwise considered normal in society, like paternal/fraternal love, as manifestation of homosexuality and extrapolating it to other people who are not homosexual.

While considering the material presented below, the reader should remain mindful that race and sexual orientation are independent categories. Heterosexuals, homosexuals, and bisexuals belong to all races and ethnic groups

Race and Sexual Orientation: A Comparison

Hate to burst your bubble Skall but there are just as many gays in Dhaka as there are in LA, gay is not a western thing its a human thing.

Race and Sexual Orientation: A Comparison

Hate to burst your bubble Skall but there are just as many gays in Dhaka as there are in LA, gay is not a western thing its a human thing.

Homosexuality is a Satan thing, not a human thing.

It clashes with the "natural" order in which God created human beings
It brings destruction of the family and the institutions of marriage
It leads people to ignore God's guidance in other areas of life

Homosexuality is a savage and barbaric concept. It must not be allowed in Pakistan.

If you want to be a cursed idiot, go somewhere else. Not in the "Land of the Pure."

In Pakistan we won't give you the freedom to "gay" in public. These cursed people are worse than animals, because atleast animals have shame.

They might have been bisexual. Just because someone lived or lives a heterosexual life does not mean they are not bisexual.

There are of course people who do it for money even if it is against their will, but those are sexual abuses cases. We are talking about consensual same sex relations. Such people are either homosexual, bisexual, pansexual,queer, heteroflexible, homoflexible or bicurious

Dude you are beating the same drum again and again without understanding the point of views of others. I said that these straight women turn into lesbians because of bad relationship with men again and again or because of mistreatment/cheating from opposite gender. They never thought of being in a gay/lesbians relationship when they were growing up or when they were going to start relationship with men. They decided to be lesbians after having failed relationship with men and losing interest in them. They assumed they will get more emotional and physical support(empathy) from same gender than opposite gender.They called themselves straight when they were with men and now they call them selves lesbians when they started to develop the feelings of hate/dislike for men. They were heterosexual at some point and now identify themselves as a lesbian and you call them bisexual

You are not understanding the fact that many people try sex with same gender as a experiment to find out whether they enjoy it or not. Sexuality is complex and sexual preferences may change with time. If something is seen or said enough on tv, drama, news etc then it becomes the norm. Sexual preferences are not always set in stone the way you put it. Certain things which did not appeal you at the early age might become appealing or attractive for you in later stages of your life. Many bisexual women also end up with men because of desire of kids. No single gay gene has ever been identified as the cause of homosexual behaviour so you cannot say for certain if people are born gay or decide to be gay. Its like saying people are born with a propensity for alcoholism, insanity, child molestation , rapist and they cannot help it because their sexual orientation is like this that they get the feelings of pleasure in these acts of rape and child molestation

still no excuse to go around sytoning peeps

and when i asked you to do that?

talking about punishment and implementation of that punishment are two different things. No individual have right to take laws in his hands and give punishment to people on road . There is a proper procedure of everything

I am talking about attitudes towards gays, I myself believe that they should be given the same rights as married couples yet I find them repulsive and the majority of Americans feel the same way especially the youth (maybe I am a bit younger than you are but I have been educated here my whole life so I know how it is nowadays). You being an atheist cannot say what is sin or not Wicker and I do not know if it a sickness but the gays who claim they have been born that way have yet to prove otherwise either. Also the final point is what I meant how can people change views on things nobody wants to discuss.

Let me give you another example- the US military. In the army if they find out a person is gay they will abuse the person (usually beating with soap stuffed in a pillow case which leaves no bruises until said person leaves that particular unit) and although most of the soldiers have no problems with gays when they get home, they do not even want them in their units. This coming from the army which is considered a brotherhood now that tells you something about peoples views towards homosexuals.

Also I have known a bisexual dude and although I had no problems with him his presence alone made a lot of people uncomfortable.

Yeah, there are homophobes everywhere I agree.

BTW they cant prove anything dude. What you want them to prove? And they dont need to prove anything.

Man, Ya'll some gay *** niggaz.

Yeah, there are homophobes everywhere I agree.

BTW they cant prove anything dude. What you want them to prove? And they dont need to prove anything.

True but if they say they are born that way then they should prove it, otherwise they should not argue against people who say it is a disease and that they need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom