What's new

Hold the path steady for 100 years.

a great leader needs no monuments to be remembered. a terrible one builds monuments so people won't forget him. that's why the US has so many statues of dead white men, and we don't.

a great leader needs no monuments to be remembered. a terrible one builds monuments so people won't forget him. that's why the US has so many statues of dead white men, and we don't.

just for the sake of legacy you can have...he was a great man...a great leader indeed...you can show him some respect and consideration this way...and inspire the upcoming generations too!

just for the sake of legacy you can have...he was a great man...a great leader indeed...you can show him some respect and consideration this way...and inspire the upcoming generations too!

I agree with you that monuments to truly great leaders are important to "inspire the upcoming generations." The message is that you should place your country and your fellow countrymen's welfare beyond your own petty and selfish desire for power and money. Do great things by serving your country and people! Deng Xiaoping has shown you the way.

we should refrain from individual worship no matter how great. that includes political leaders.

no individual can do anything without the help of the people around them. Qian Xueshen.

it not worship per say, it appreciation of what he did for this generation and the next, he shouldn't be forgotten, plus he's dead not like he can comeback and tell us what to do even if one were to worship him. so one or several little statues wouldn't hurt.

I wondered what the workers building the terracotta army for the first unified emperor thinks about all the statues.

I wondered what the workers building the terracotta army for the first unified emperor thinks about all the statues.

Interesting thought. We should build thousands of clay statues, carve statues out of mountains, forge iron statues....THEN bury it all hundreds of meters deep in a secret location (along with those who know it's location to keep it secret for eons)..... THEN in the next 2,000 years our ancestors can 'discover' it. :china:

^^^ there are already alot of statue around in China from mao era, can just collect them all and burry in one giant pit.

i just don't like too many statues. makes us look like north korea or the US.

deng was always a more lay low type of guy,he probably wouldnt care for any kind of statues anyways i mean the guy coulda have his picture next to mao on the Tienanmen gate but didnt want it. but at any rate i dont advocate statues everywhere

Back
Top Bottom