What's new

HK-417A2 a worthy replacement for G3 battle rifles.

Oh really? Mind posting the prices, and the quality of each rifle that's been posted in the list your provided? It seems that you're making a very broad assumption.

The AK is not even a choice, because it's already in active service in Pakistan.

These are post 2000 rifles:

QBZ-03 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pindad SS2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IMI Tavor TAR-21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heckler & Koch HK416 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Beretta ARX 160 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CZ-805 BREN - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ČZW-556 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Desarrollos Industriales Casanave SC-2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EMERK - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FAD assault rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FN SCAR - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pindad SS2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Special Operations Assault Rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Type 11 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

T91 assault rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Truvelo Raptor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Robinson Armament XCR - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

VB Berapi LP06 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

W+F C42 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

XM8 rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zastava M21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now minus the colombian,taiwanese,malaysian,indonsian,mexican and the AK variants like bren or zastava... ur are left with US M...variant/based on weapons...,S.African raptor (shitty),Chinese QBZ,Israeli tavor,Scar,ARX,HK-417,c-52,VHS

You a falconer ???
I am indeed!
falconer-emoticon.gif

I think I will contact them. thanks.

So which bird are you flying ???
Definitely contact them so you can find a falconer close to you that can help you.

I will not go trapping for a new bird for about another six or eight weeks as the birds need to mature and migrate north to where I live in Idaho, in the northwestern US. I trap and train a bird and then release them back to the wild after a hunting season. Sometimes I keep them over for the next season, but usually not. My last bird was a Red-tailed hawk. I hunted rabbits with him. Here he is...

DSCN5529.JPG

^^^ Another 7.62 NATO weapon. Nice! :enjoy:

Sir, are you for or against 7.62 rounds?

What is the advantage of adapting 5.56mm rounds over 7.62mm rounds? What are the draw backs?

Which one would you prefer if commanding an army of your own?

Little insights from the experts would be good for readers...

That is a very good looking rifle and I think a worthy replacement. I still find it interesting that Pakistan's military is bucking the trend and sticking with the 7.62 NATO calibre. As for the AR style action, like the new American weapons, they are not the same as the old M16 series in that they are not a direct gas system but use a piston which greatly reduces chamber fouling and jamming. I think it will be great! :sniper:

We don't have money to replace them at once. They are upgrading them to G-3M standards for a stopgap. Pakistan Army prefers battle rifles to assault rifles.

150921_516674718353096_1572548654_n-jpg.20852

gun4l-jpg.20963

Definitely contact them so you can find a falconer close to you that can help you.

I will not go trapping for a new bird for about another six or eight weeks as the birds need to mature and migrate north to where I live in Idaho, in the northwestern US. I trap and train a bird and then release them back to the wild after a hunting season. Sometimes I keep them over for the next season, but usually not. My last bird was a Red-tailed hawk. I hunted rabbits with him. Here he is...

View attachment 32294
He's beautiful !!!

Sir, are you for or against 7.62 rounds?

What is the advantage of adapting 5.56mm rounds over 7.62mm rounds? What are the draw backs?

Which one would you prefer if commanding an army of your own?

Little insights from the experts would be good for readers...
For myself? Definitely prefer the 7.62. As for an army, probably depends on the war. In Vietnam, the 5.56 was better as you didn't shoot a long ranges. You needed lots of firepower and that means as much "lead down range" as possible, and you could carry far more rounds of 5.56 ammo than you could 7.62. In Afghanistan, I would prefer the 7.62 as it is very open, desert and semi-desert country and you shoot at much longer ranges. I think most armies prefer the 5.56, however.

View attachment 32294

old pic.. belongs to my brother:

23w3bch.jpg

You realize that none of them actually have a price attached, right? The thing is that we don't have a clear idea on how much these rifles would cost in bulk + licensed assembly, we do know it'll cost over a $billion guaranteed, there is just no clue as to the total cost of training soldiers with a new rifle, the cost of scraping or storing the G-3s, and the added cost of ammunition and accessories. An expensive rifle could come with cheaper accessories, or could have a better survivability rate (ex, things like the barrel), or cheaper rifles could come with the exact opposite. The military will be looking at long term costs with these rifles, as well as short term costs.

There are way too many variables, so I'm not going to make a complete judgement. Like I said before, I'm not an expert, so take my words with a pinch of salt. Anyways, my point is simple, total cost + quality is what will determine Pakistan's future rifle of choice, nothing else. my time range was just a suggestion based on outdated information.

You realize that none of them actually have a price attached, right? The thing is that we don't have a clear idea on how much these rifles would cost in bulk + licensed assembly, we do know it'll cost over a $billion guaranteed, there is just no clue as to the total cost of training soldiers with a new rifle, the cost of scraping or storing the G-3s, and the added cost of ammunition and accessories. An expensive rifle could come with cheaper accessories, or could have a better survivability rate (ex, things like the barrel), or cheaper rifles could come with the exact opposite. The military will be looking at long term costs with these rifles, as well as short term costs.

There are way too many variables, so I'm not going to make a complete judgement. Like I said before, I'm not an expert, so take my words with a pinch of salt. Anyways, my point is simple, total cost + quality is what will determine Pakistan's future rifle of choice, nothing else. my time range was just a suggestion based on outdated information.

which one would you pick?

Back
Top Bottom