What's new

History of PAF Gun-camera kills

Pak Fizaya Zindabad!

Let us not forget to pay tribute to those were in the cross hairs of those guns. May God bless the fallen aviators from both sides.

Two IAF Canberra Bombers on fire during an attack on IAF Station Kalaikunda.

Kalikunda.jpg

Smoke rises from Pathankot runway as the IAF Base comes under attack.

pathankot_dec11.jpg
Nice post....
By the way where are the Indians......????
Don't they watched this post...:D:D

this forum gets so many trolls from India, but none messaged here. Busy wiping their tears perhaps.

There are many lives lost on our side as well, and I am sure there are gun camera pictures with the other side too. As i look back, i feel both pilots deserve a hats off, and in a fight, only one party wins.

Last edited:
this forum gets so many trolls from India, but none messaged here. Busy wiping their tears perhaps.

There are many lives lost on our side as well, and I am sure there are gun camera pictures with the other side too. As i look back, i feel both pilots deserve a hats off, and in a fight, only one party wins.
It's ironic that despite making tall claims, the only evidence the IAF ever produced was some grainy images of shooting down of an F-86 in the Eastern sector and the wreckage of a few PAF aircraft... however they were quick to release the gun camera image of shooting down of the unarmed PN Atlantique.
Anyways, here's more evidence of how the IAF lost badly to the PAF both in 1965 and 1971.

in the 1971 war, the IAF claims that it lost only 40 aircraft in the entire Western theatre including those shot down over India. What an absolute farce. Picture below represents a group of IAF Sikh pilots in one Pakistani POW camp alone.Considering Sikhs are only a minority, it's not difficult to conclude how many majority Hindu pilots must have been shot down or for that matter pilots from other minorities such as Muslims and Christians makes the admitted Indians losses figure of overall 40 aircraft ludicrous specially since Indian Ministry of Defence also admits that most of the air battles took place over India. Thus the Pakistani claims of destroying over 80 Indian aircraft in Western theatre makes it a real possibility, these don't include any ground losses during PAF's prolonged night attacks on all major IAF bases throughout the war. Let's just hope, we don't need to wait another lifetime before the IAF admits to it's real losses.

_focus6.jpg

Pakistan, Lyalpur camp, 12 April 1972, visit to Indian prisoners of war (POWs).
"Sikh pilots, now POWs, passed their time flying kites. Camp authorities forbade this activity. An "homme de confiance", also a POW, explains the visit of Red Cross delegates, emphasizing that he hopes the ICRC can negotiate on their behalf the return of the kites."

It's ironic that despite making tall claims, the only evidence the IAF ever produced was some grainy images of shooting down of an F-86 in the Eastern sector and the wreckage of a few PAF aircraft... however they were quick to release the gun camera image of shooting down of the unarmed PN Atlantique.
Anyways, here's more evidence of how the IAF lost badly to the PAF both in 1965 and 1971.

in the 1971 war, the IAF claims that it lost only 40 aircraft in the entire Western theatre including those shot down over India. What an absolute farce. Picture below represents a group of IAF Sikh pilots in one Pakistani POW camp alone.Considering Sikhs are only a minority, it's not difficult to conclude how many majority Hindu pilots must have been shot down or for that matter pilots from other minorities such as Muslims and Christians makes the admitted Indians losses figure of overall 40 aircraft ludicrous specially since Indian Ministry of Defence also admits that most of the air battles took place over India. Thus the Pakistani claims of destroying over 80 Indian aircraft in Western theatre makes it a real possibility, these don't include any ground losses during PAF's prolonged night attacks on all major IAF bases throughout the war. Let's just hope, we don't need to wait another lifetime before the IAF admits to it's real losses.

_focus6.jpg

Pakistan, Lyalpur camp, 12 April 1972, visit to Indian prisoners of war (POWs).
"Sikh pilots, now POWs, passed their time flying kites. Camp authorities forbade this activity. An "homme de confiance", also a POW, explains the visit of Red Cross delegates, emphasizing that he hopes the ICRC can negotiate on their behalf the return of the kites."

Jammer we don't have gun camera footage from the other side as we flew mostly US kit which had the equipment. The ATL-1 hit is a real sad story, and i don't want to delve into it, as it is still classified.

Jammer we don't have gun camera footage from the other side as we flew mostly US kit which had the equipment. The ATL-1 hit is a real sad story, and i don't want to delve into it, as it is still classified.
Oh they had the equipment, didn't you see the images of attack on Karachi POL, the strafing of a passenger train, the tank tracks in dessert and bombing and crater marks on Tezgaoun runway. !!!

As you wish (since its PAF gun camera kills, its not appropiate to post it here but i just want to show these indians we Pakistanis are much open hearted as compared to them) :

Guncam-Boyra01 22 November 1971.jpg

Guncam-Boyra02 22 November 1971.jpg

Battle of Boyra, on 22 November 1971 in which 2 PAF Sabres were shot down.

Kurmitola airfield after IAF attack during Dec 71 Indo-Pak war..jpg

Kurmitola airfield after IAF attack during Dec 71 Indo-Pak war

sabre.jpg

Gun camera shots showing a PAF Sabre being shot down in combat by an IAF Gnat in September 1965.

PAF sabre on iaf hunter ogun camera 1965.jpg

Flight Lieutenant Alfred Cooke describes his dogfight with the second Pak Sabre, thought to have been piloted by Flight Lieutenant Tariq Habib Khan, as being "intense". He remembers that his adversary wore a white helmet with his name on it, just like Cooke's own helmet.

sabre-3_1280x600_61442216557 1965.jpg

After using his Hunter's superior engine to get behind the third Sabre, Flight Lieutenant Alfred Cooke used up all his ammunition on the Pakistani fighter jet, before pulling away from a steep dive to avoid hitting the ground.

Last edited:
As you wish (since its PAF gun camera kills, its not appropiate to post it here but i just want to show these indians we Pakistanis are much open hearted as compared to them) :

View attachment 306714

View attachment 306715

Battle of Boyra, on 22 November 1971 in which 2 PAF Sabres were shot down.

View attachment 306716

Kurmitola airfield after IAF attack during Dec 71 Indo-Pak war

View attachment 306717

Gun camera shots showing a PAF Sabre being shot down in combat by an IAF Gnat in September 1965.

View attachment 306718

Flight Lieutenant Alfred Cooke describes his dogfight with the second Pak Sabre, thought to have been piloted by Flight Lieutenant Tariq Habib Khan, as being "intense". He remembers that his adversary wore a white helmet with his name on it, just like Cooke's own helmet.

View attachment 306719

After using his Hunter's superior engine to get behind the third Sabre, Flight Lieutenant Alfred Cooke used up all his ammunition on the Pakistani fighter jet, before pulling away from a steep dive to avoid hitting the ground.

For observers...these sabres who embraced Shahdat were mostly disabled, unable to jettison tanks, (see port stud tanks latched on after jettison), otherwise the camera footage would have been different.

For observers...these sabres who embraced Shahdat were mostly disabled, unable to jettison tanks, (see port stud tanks latched on after jettison), otherwise the camera footage would have been different.
Sir, the fact is if there was any truth to the IAF's ludicrous claims of shooting down six Mirages, 10 F-104s and 70+ other PAF aircraft, wouldn't the Indians have a field day splashing the images all over rather than showing a few F-86s which they managed to shoot down as well as a couple of F-104s.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom