What's new

Hindus, Muslims should fight poverty, not each other: PM Narendra Modi

Ironically none questions the chief minister for his failure n still gun are trained at PM however modi should stop condemning these acts passively .....

Good point. Only when Modi was CM in Gujarat he was responsible. Unlike those of Bhagalpur or Muzaffarnagar or this.

Ironically none questions the chief minister for his failure n still gun are trained at PM however modi should stop condemning these acts passively .....

Because the CM is beyond the pale. No one has any expectations there.

You mention the 'Pakistani mods'. If you cannot refer to them with respect and with courtesy, perhaps you should leave this Pakistani forum.

Let me assure you, if I had been a moderator, being an Indian, I would have been ten times more strict than they have been. The moderators are extremely sensitive to free speech and allow enormous latitude. They have in fact talked to me in a gentle and reasonable tone, treating me as a peer and an equal, with the greatest courtesy, just last night, and I found that I voluntarily wished to soften my extreme stand, a softening that I regret when I read your bilge.

I belong to various fora, and this set of moderators is an exceptional one (although a little lenient). You would not survive on Bharat Rakshak for as many minutes as they have allowed you days.

Just to avoid misinterpretation of that line, I have never been and never will be a member of Bharat Rakshak, and detest them and their whole approach. My remark is based on casual browsing, the last occasion being several years ago.

LOL........... even the partial count of your ranting has 8 "I" :lol: Just goes to show the kind of narcissist you are.

Your unsolicited and worthless advice is rejected and thrown into the trash can. (with the rest of your rant )

Why you are sharing your fantasies bout being a moderator with me :lol: ......... now that is just sad. Your lust for even minuscule power is what fuels your degenerate desires.

Your angry frustration about BR forum tells a story of how you were humiliated and kicked out from there for your views and character. Like shoorpanaka you run from one forum to another, from one Mods to another. Story of your Life ?

Don't bother to reply to that last question. I already know the answer.

And don't fret in your own turn. When you have something to say, I will carefully evaluate it, and if needed, rate it negatively. Don't think that you will avert those, if they are necessary, by this show of bravado. Only your post content will count. And on present showing, since you have nothing to do but abuse those not here on the forum, you are headed inexorably for trouble.

LOL..... you will "evaluate" It ? :woot: ..... "rate" it :cheesy:

The Lord of the Flies do not desire much. :lol:

Because the CM is beyond the pale. No one has any expectations there.
Not .... Because usual instinct of sickular media is good at demonizing saffronist no matter where n who are real culprits though I wanted pm to take the appropriate actions on these groups instead of passing a pacifying statement else we see no difference between khoongress n his gov ....

Not .... Because usual instinct of sickular media is good at demonizing saffronist no matter where n who are real culprits though I wanted pm to take the appropriate actions on these groups instead of passing a pacifying statement else we see no difference between khoongress n his gov ....

I agree with you on the media and the Hindu hating part, as the sikularist thing.

But if Modi does not wise up quickly, the loonies are going to drag him down and derail his ambitions.

@Joe Shearer @scorpionx @SarthakGanguly @vsdoc Do you think the lack of tolerance and hardening of anti Islamic stand we see among so many of Hindus today is irreversible and something which was inevitable?

Consider our hinterlands - The hate is spreading and polarization is happening at a frightening speed through interpersonal internet mediums like Whatsapp - the kind of videos and posts which are proliferating would put Goebbels's propaganda to shame. These videos are masterfully and prodigiously made suggesting a professional set up with a long term agenda. In response same strategy is being followed by Muslim groups resulting in clear cut formation of camps some of them armed.

Present Govt may have just acted like a quickening agent but the question remains is India too heterogeneous a country to exist in it's current shape?

The counter point is India has resilience to bounce back as we did in case of Sikh movements - what seemed at one point of time a serious threat to Indian unity has mostly been eradicated but it can be argued that differences between Hindus and Muslims have a much stronger foundation than Hindu - Sikh one which was instigated by a singular figure.

Regards

So Pro Hindu == to Anti Islam ? :cheesy:

Let me clarify further.

There are many, like me, who believe that Gujarat was in the making for quite some time. Over decades in fact.

And the burning was a match on a powder keg.

No Modi or the then PM or the Indian Army was going to stop what was bound to happen after that.

This (the lynching) was per-meditated murder on the other hand.

This time its the Hindus who are fingering. Call a spade a spade.

If it was "pre mediated" murder then why would one need a Mob ? :cheesy:

Its a lot more easier to stab an old man in a village in UP.

@utraash

Honestly, does ANYONE (including you) expect the SP to do anything in the matter?

From some quarters at least, what you are hearing is indicative of the love and respect Modi has commandeered in people across the country.

And with it, the towering expectations.

We will hold him up to a higher standard.

That is the price he should be glad to pay.

I agree with you on the media and the Hindu hating part, as the sikularist thing.

But if Modi does not wise up quickly, the loonies are going to drag him down and derail his ambitions.
More than modis ambitions I found these acts are blot on our inherited values of peaceful coexistence be it Muslims or any other minority.... We should keep our values intact no matter which party or who is ruling the country....

More than modis ambitions I found these acts are blot on our inherited values of peaceful coexistence be it Muslims or any other minority.... We should keep our values intact no matter which party or who is ruling the country....

100%.

Hinduism is better than what we are being made to see.

To me personally, it is painful.

I can feel the eyes of Pakistanis I have crossed swords with here in the past 6 years. Some gone, some still around.

A gloating "told you so" writ large on their faces.

The posts remain ..... mute testimony and prodding reminders.

P.S. Appreciate greatly your post.

So what if she was a vice president of the committee? Why did she not reject the award? Im fine either way but the when she kept silent then and did not renounce her award then and after so many incidents? what moral stand she has to reject it now just because 'This time it's different'
? What justifies this long period of silence?

Propaganda can serve it's purpose and especially when intellectuals and journalists themselves are not aver to spreading it. And yeah, it somehow always feels that media lives on a different paltform which mostly is different from the reality.
Sir, you asked why didn't return her award right in 1984 and I answered that she could not as she received the award two years later in 1986. "Kept silent"!! NO. Read her reports on 1984 riots. Selective outrage, may be yes but as she is clearly seen aggrieved by the series of murders of intellectuals and anti-superstition activists she has every right to reject the Sahitya Akademi award as she feels the Akademi has failed to condemn the unfortunate events as a guardian of creative intellectual sensibility. I feel she found a reason why Akademi is silent, just became vocal in her statement.

Tell me the strong statement said by manmohan singh for Muzzafarnagar riots which is far more worse than this . Don't tell me that the members are not from his party bcoz the congress are the champions of secularism hence a strong statement from the then PM was required . I see no complaints from anyone about manmohan singh for not giving strong statement

What are you talking about? The gentleman prime minister who is not famous to be a salesman of just empty words visited the site promptly and assured the culprits will be booked as soon as possible.
"People behind such ghastly violence would be punished and all help extended to the UP government," the prime minister said.

PM visits riot-hit Muzaffarnagar, says action must be taken against the culprits : Uttar Pradesh, News - India Today

@Joe Shearer @scorpionx @SarthakGanguly @vsdoc Do you think the lack of tolerance and hardening of anti Islamic stand we see among so many of Hindus today is irreversible and something which was inevitable?

Consider our hinterlands - The hate is spreading and polarization is happening at a frightening speed through interpersonal internet mediums like Whatsapp - the kind of videos and posts which are proliferating would put Goebbels's propaganda to shame. These videos are masterfully and prodigiously made suggesting a professional set up with a long term agenda. In response same strategy is being followed by Muslim groups resulting in clear cut formation of camps some of them armed.

Present Govt may have just acted like a quickening agent but the question remains is India too heterogeneous a country to exist in it's current shape?

The counter point is India has resilience to bounce back as we did in case of Sikh movements - what seemed at one point of time a serious threat to Indian unity has mostly been eradicated but it can be argued that differences between Hindus and Muslims have a much stronger foundation than Hindu - Sikh one which was instigated by a singular figure.

Regards

Tough question. A separate thread may be? This place has become quite messy.

Last edited:
@utraash

Honestly, does ANYONE (including you) expect the SP to do anything in the matter?

From some quarters at least, what you are hearing is indicative of the love and respect Modi has commandeered in people across the country.

And with it, the towering expectations.

We will hold him up to a higher standard.

That is the price he should be glad to pay.

Nothing Sp will do except the tokenism again to be viewed real sickularist.

Our inherited VALUES go beyond "peaceful coexistence". It also involves protecting wildlife and Milch Cows.

Peaceful coexistence under British or Islamic rule maybe a preferred choice for some, not for most. Peaceful coexistence where the Hindu VALUE SYSTEMS is protected and nurtured is what people desire.

Not peaceful coexistence where Hindu value systems are sacrificed for "secularism".

100%.

Hinduism is better than what we are being made to see.

To me personally, it is painful.

I can feel the eyes of Pakistanis I have crossed swords with here in the past 6 years. Some gone, some still around.

A gloating "told you so" writ large on their faces.

The posts remain ..... mute testimony and prodding reminders.

P.S. Appreciate greatly your post.

Exactly so.
It's the shattering of our dreams, of all that we said that we represented, at the hands of some incredibly duplicitous characters, including a major agitator who himself owns a meat processing plant.

Exactly so.
It's the shattering of our dreams, of all that we said that we represented, at the hands of some incredibly duplicitous characters, including a major agitator who himself owns a meat processing plant.

One beings to understand what Modi meant by saying he was born in Free India. :coffee:

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
By narrow domestic walls
Where words come out from the depth of truth
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
Where the mind is led forward by thee
Into ever-widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake

Looks like the country has awakened at last. Hope the Irony is not lost on you. :lol:

Exactly so.

Happily for you, you are slowly being vindicated.

Such is not the case on my side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom