What's new

Hinduism: Fastest Growing Religion in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, & India

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it was trolling. Sarcasm and trolling aren't mutually exclusive. Remember, your title was "Brave Pakistani police officer, shoots 15 year old with toy gun".

What the hell did you think was going to come from that title? Especially considering your nationality? Even your own countryman called you out on your choice of words.

Ya...here it comes...spilled out the beans.

jab raat ko bacha gaoon me rota hai to maa kehti hai beta chup nahi to raheel sharif aa jaye ga :D

too bad they also raped a Norwegian lady and a bastard was born...

Here is an example...

yes yes you are well informed but we call them "haram ki olad" here... only problem is please don't display the flag that is not yours as yours ok?

Another example what a Pakistani member can get away with....

I doubt it can be that fast, since Hindus aren't that heavy reproducers and you cannot normally convert to hindusim, you gotta be born a Hindu to be a hindu

People can convert to Hinduism. Considering Adi Shankaracharya converted the whole of India back to Hinduism from Buddhism, that there is no conversion into Hinduism is an ignorant statement to make.
On a serious note...Buddhism wasn't born in India...Lord Buddha was from Nepal. He was enlightened in Gaya....and then the religion spread. Buddhism is not a dominant religion in India rather other Asian countries like China, Korea, Thailand, Sri Lanka is where it exists. And in increase in Buddhism can be attributed to practising Buddhists from those countries who have immigrated to parts of Europe.

Buddhism was born in India though Buddha was born in Nepal. He got enlightened in India and died in India and spread his teachings starting from India. Buddhism is not a separate religion from Hinduism. It is one of the offshoots of Hinduism sharing all the basic philosophies of Vedanta. Those countries which never experienced colonial rule till date do not distinguish between Buddhism and Hinduism since there is none.

Another RAW conspiracy I suppose.

On a serious note...Buddhism wasn't born in India...Lord Buddha was from Nepal. He was enlightened in Gaya...

The place of Buddha's enlightenment is the place of Buddhism's birth. Before the enlightenment, there was no Buddhism. Spread of Buddhism happened after enlightenment.

So vedantist are breeding very fast. Chalo musalman bhai log competition shoru :-D :p:

so follow in footsteps of changeyz khan ?? father in many nations ?? :D

"Love Jihad" vs "Love Mahabharata" vs "Love Crusades" ... let the games begin!

there is already a "love crusader" on pdf... jbgt90... and he is now a committed man, so out of the game.

and i will try my best for "love jihad"... isi should be funding me. :angry:

Ya...here it comes...spilled out the beans.
I mentioned your nationality in a context that denotes that I was concerned about the consequences of your actions. Do try and use your brain next time.

Here is an example...

Another example what a Pakistani member can get away with....
I'm not a moderator. Report him, This sort of behavior is not tolerated. I don't have time to go over every single comment that's posted in a thread. I reported you, because you opened a thread, which everyone could see.

"Love Jihad" vs "Love Mahabharata" vs "Love Crusades" ... let the games begin!
Lol love Mahabharata, nice imagination u got there, please do tell us more about you fairytale dreaming.

other example what a Pakistani member can get away wit

It's a Pakistani forum , I think it's apt for them to display their honest thoughts and character here.

I mentioned your nationality in a context that denotes that I was concerned about the consequences of your actions. Do try and use your brain next time.

I'm not a moderator. Report him, This sort of behavior is not tolerated. I don't have time to go over every single comment that's posted in a thread. I reported you, because you opened a thread, which everyone could see.

Reported twice...and BTW those abuses were towards a Pakistani guy...not Indian.

Reported twice...and BTW those abuses were towards a Pakistani guy...not Indian.
I don't care who it was towards, this sort of thing is not tolerated. Give it time, the mods will eventually get to it, as they always do. Some cases take longer to get to than others.

I don't care who it was towards, this sort of thing is not tolerated. Give it time, the mods will eventually get to it, as they always do. Some cases take longer to get to than others.
Fingers crossed...

and i will try my best for "love jihad"... isi should be funding me. :angry:
I dunno man, the Abrahamic faiths might be at a disadvantage here, they have nothing like the Kamasutra or mosques/churches adorned with sensual carvings ...

Lol love Mahabharata, nice imagination u got there, please do tell us more about you fairytale dreaming
What's wrong with Love Mahabharata? What would you prefer it be called?

I dunno man, the Abrahamic faiths might be at a disadvantage here, they have nothing like the Kamasutra or mosques/churches adorned with sensual carvings ...

but they have many dashing men... i am too humble to include myself of course. :ashamed:

A little-known fact: Hinduism is the fastest-growing religion in both Pakistan and Saudi Arabia

spreading the word
A little-known fact: Hinduism is the fastest-growing religion in both Pakistan and Saudi Arabia
Hinduism is also the fastest growing religion in Ireland and Italy.
Rohan Venkataramakrishnan · Jun 11, 2015 · 09:10 am
79d69cac-478f-43f6-9a1b-25a2e80e5e39.jpg

Photo Credit: Narinder Nanu/AFP
http://www.reddit.com/submit?url=ht...ng religion in both Pakistan and Saudi Arabia
It is common enough knowledge that Islam is growing massively in India. Sure, the alarmist concerns about Muslims overtaking Hindus are overblown, but the religion is still expanding significantly in India – as evidence by the Pew Research Centre's conclusion that by 2050, India will have the largest Muslim population of any country in the world. Beyond India too, Islam's ranks are swelling. But what that same report also shows is that Hinduism happens to be the fastest growing religion for a very motley set of countries.

Reddit user KaliKwad took the data from the Pew Research Centre's The Future of World Religions report, and turned it into a map of the world's fastest-growing religions.

Relative numbers

The map is based on relative, not absolute, numbers, so the religion picked is the one that will have the biggest jump in its share of each country's population. As an example, Islam happens to be the fastest growing religion in India, but its relative share of the total population is only going from 14.4% to 18.4% by 2050, not even coming close to challenging Hinduism's hold on the nation.

With that caveat aside, here is the map for Asia.
1433998900-109_AsiaReligious.png

Kalikwad/Reddit

As is evident, Islam is growing fast everywhere. The report in fact predicts that, by 2050, Muslims will surpass Hindus as the largest religious group in the India-Pacific region from having just 24.3% share of the population up to nearly 30% mid-way through the century.

But Hinduism is also growing in unusual places. Again, remember, its relative growth outside India is tiny in absolute numbers – but that still means there are some countries that will have double the number of Hindus by 2050 than they did in 2010. In Saudi Arabia, Hindus currently make up about 1.1% of the population, a number that is expected to go up to 1.6% by 2050, largely on the back of migration. The report suggests nearly 1 million Hindus are expected to move to a different region over the next four decades.

The growth in Pakistan, however, is a slightly different matter and, ironically, is the result of a metric that often turns into an allegation in India: the fertility rate of Hindus. While the fertility rate of all religions globally is about 2.5 children per woman, and just 2.1 in the Asia-Pacific region, the Hindu fertility rate in Pakistan is 3.2, which happens to be the exact same as the Muslim fertility rate in India.

The third country in Asia where Hinduism is growing is Thailand, where it is slated to go up from 0.1% of the Thai population to 0.2% by 2050.

Europe happens to be even more interesting, for Hindus.
1433938063-630_EuropeReligions.png

Kalikwad/Reddit

The four countries that turn up here are Ireland, Belgium, Italy and Greece, all places where Hindus are expected to grow primarily because of migration and the resulting fertility rate. This becomes even more significant because of Europe's population will actually be contracting by about 6% over the next 40 years, making the Hindu growth of 93% seem much larger even if the absolute numbers end up being still very small.

Buddhism, another religion that originates in India, is also growing tremendously quickly in parts of Europe, taking the top spot in Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands and Austria.
We welcome your comments at letters@scroll.in

Is it because of "Ghar Wapsi" campaign ?

HIndu should be the last one to bother about conversion because they say you can be atheist, agnostics, kafits and at the same time Hindus

I am sorry but Indian guest workers in KSA who happen to be Hindus are not citizens but often only temporary visitors.

The only religions followed on the Arabian Peninsula other than Islam historically have been fellow Abrahamic/Semitic religions such as Judaism and Christianity aside form ancient Semitic pagan religions (not the Abrahamic ones). With a very small minority of Zoroastrians in Eastern Arabia.

There are places of worship for Hindus in other Arabian countries though and the biggest Hindu diaspora in the world outside of South Asia is probably found in the GCC.

Yemen also has a small indigenous Hindu community, mostly leftovers of Indian traders that settled in Yemen. Most live in Sana'a and Southern Yemen.

We can have this discussion in regards to KSA once/if the citizenship rules in KSA change. It would not be that far off to believe that generations upon generations of South Asians who have been born and lived in KSA all their life's (whether Muslim or Hindu) could one day get citizenship in the future depending on the need. Especially the qualified ones. Many of them essentially only know the GCC and consider it their homeland but there is still a problem with their integration in regards to language and culture but that's also due to the obstacles in KSA but not only.

Arabia (itself the world's largest Peninsula connected to the major trade routes of the ancient and current world) was historically always a diverse place located between 3 major continents (Europe, Africa and the remaining Asia) so I would not be against it really provided that they integrate and adopt KSA as their homeland. Regardless of their faith too.

But that's a discussion for another era and time.:coffee:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom