What's new

Hinduism: Fastest Growing Religion in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, & India

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsalanKhan21

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Fastest Growing Religions in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, & India Will Surprise You - World Religion News

Opinion
The Fastest Growing Religions in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, & India Will Surprise You
upload_2015-6-23_11-54-5.png
16 Jun 2015
upload_2015-6-23_11-54-5.png
Posted by Alison Lesley

HinduPopulation.jpg

Data from Pew Research may surprise many as the fastest growing religion in Saudi Arabia & Pakistan is Hinduism, & India will be home to the most Muslims.
The Pew Research Center released findings that showed the fast growth of Islam in India and the similarly surprising steady growth of Hinduism in certain areas, most notably in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. The growth of the Muslim population in India has been well documented in the past, but the data from Pew Research suggests that by 2050 India will have the largest Muslim population in the world. Looking at the relative population numbers, the Muslim population will rise from the current 14.4% to 18.4% by 2050.

However, simply focusing on the rising Muslim population in India alone is missing the bigger picture which indicates Islam is rising fast everywhere and in the India-Pacific region it will have surpassed the Hindu population going up from 24.3% of the population in the region to 30% by 2050. However,another key data point,, the study notes, is the rise of Hinduism in some surprising countries. For example, the current Hindu population in Saudi Arabia makes up about 1.1% of the rest of the population. This is projected to rise to 1.6% by 2050. This will see the population rise to double the number it was in 2010. The growth in Saudi Arabia is largely due to migration, a trend that is set to continue with projections showing at least one million Hindus will be migrating over the course of the next four decades.

Pakistan is another country where Hinduism is the fastest growing religion. This is attributed to a different factor and that is the fertility rate of Hindus in Pakistan. The fertility rate of Hindus in Pakistan is 3.2 children per woman which is higher than the average fertility rate among religions in the Asia-Pacific region (2.1 children per woman) and also higher than the global average which stands at 2.5 children per woman. An interesting point about the fertility rate of Hindus in Pakistan is that the rate is equal to that of Muslims in India. Thailand is also another country in Asia where the Hindu population is on the rise and it is projected to go from the current 0.1% of the population to 0.2% by 2050.

Hinduism is also growing in Europe, especially in Ireland, Belgium, Italy, and Greece primarily due to migration and the resulting fertility rate. Buddhism, another religion from India is also on the rise particularly in Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Austria.

what a misleading title , In saudi i think is expat population , hardly matters in long run , they are just immigrants . As far as i know saudis , they hardly give citizenship to their fellow muslims , leave alone pagan Hindus.

Last edited:
The Fastest Growing Religions in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, & India Will Surprise You - World Religion News

Opinion
The Fastest Growing Religions in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, & India Will Surprise You
View attachment 231931 16 Jun 2015 View attachment 231930 Posted by Alison Lesley

HinduPopulation.jpg

Data from Pew Research may surprise many as the fastest growing religion in Saudi Arabia & Pakistan is Hinduism, & India will be home to the most Muslims.
The Pew Research Center released findings that showed the fast growth of Islam in India and the similarly surprising steady growth of Hinduism in certain areas, most notably in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. The growth of the Muslim population in India has been well documented in the past, but the data from Pew Research suggests that by 2050 India will have the largest Muslim population in the world. Looking at the relative population numbers, the Muslim population will rise from the current 14.4% to 18.4% by 2050.

However, simply focusing on the rising Muslim population in India alone is missing the bigger picture which indicates Islam is rising fast everywhere and in the India-Pacific region it will have surpassed the Hindu population going up from 24.3% of the population in the region to 30% by 2050. However,another key data point,, the study notes, is the rise of Hinduism in some surprising countries. For example, the current Hindu population in Saudi Arabia makes up about 1.1% of the rest of the population. This is projected to rise to 1.6% by 2050. This will see the population rise to double the number it was in 2010. The growth in Saudi Arabia is largely due to migration, a trend that is set to continue with projections showing at least one million Hindus will be migrating over the course of the next four decades.

Pakistan is another country where Hinduism is the fastest growing religion. This is attributed to a different factor and that is the fertility rate of Hindus in Pakistan. The fertility rate of Hindus in Pakistan is 3.2 children per woman which is higher than the average fertility rate among religions in the Asia-Pacific region (2.1 children per woman) and also higher than the global average which stands at 2.5 children per woman. An interesting point about the fertility rate of Hindus in Pakistan is that the rate is equal to that of Muslims in India. Thailand is also another country in Asia where the Hindu population is on the rise and it is projected to go from the current 0.1% of the population to 0.2% by 2050.

Hinduism is also growing in Europe, especially in Ireland, Belgium, Italy, and Greece primarily due to migration and the resulting fertility rate. Buddhism, another religion from India is also on the rise particularly in Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Austria.

Another RAW conspiracy I suppose.

On a serious note...Buddhism wasn't born in India...Lord Buddha was from Nepal. He was enlightened in Gaya....and then the religion spread. Buddhism is not a dominant religion in India rather other Asian countries like China, Korea, Thailand, Sri Lanka is where it exists. And in increase in Buddhism can be attributed to practising Buddhists from those countries who have immigrated to parts of Europe.

I doubt it can be that fast, since Hindus aren't that heavy reproducers and you cannot normally convert to hindusim, you gotta be born a Hindu to be a hindu

Another RAW conspiracy I suppose.

On a serious note...Buddhism wasn't born in India...Lord Buddha was from Nepal. He was enlightened in Gaya....and then the religion spread. Buddhism is not a dominant religion in India rather other Asian countries like China, Korea, Thailand, Sri Lanka is where it exists. And in increase in Buddhism can be attributed to practising Buddhists from those countries who have immigrated to parts of Europe.

Buddhism has a lot in common with Hinduism

Nepali Buddhists have a lot common with people from our parts.

I used to have a Newari gf who pretty much was cool with everything Hindu though technically a buddhist

butt.butt.butt evil pakisthaaanis.....

So vedantist are breeding very fast. Chalo musalman bhai log competition shoru :-D :p:

It's mainly through immigration and birth rate, not conversion. Misleading title.

I doubt it can be that fast, since Hindus aren't that heavy reproducers and you cannot normally convert to hindusim, you gotta be born a Hindu to be a hindu

Buddhism has a lot in common with Hinduism

Nepali Buddhists have a lot common with people from our parts.

I used to have a Newari gf who pretty much was cool with everything Hindu though technically a buddhist

So does Sikhism.....but they are different religions.

It's mainly through immigration and birth rate, not conversion. Misleading title.

What happened Mr. Think tank...why no complains to the moderator??? Why not some special adjective...the ones you used against me....the bias is so evident. Why isn't this thread awaiting moderation....isn't the title encouraging hatred.

Then there is no meaning of increase in population of Hindus ,technically they are not Saudi Arabians.

It's possible to get citizenship in Saudi Arabia. But it is very hard. As hard as getting a Japanese one.

So does Sikhism.....but they are different religions.

What happened Mr. Think tank...why no complains to the moderator??? Why not some special adjective...the ones you used against me....the bias is so evident.
There is a difference. That title was meant to incite hatred between Pakistanis and Indians, you were trolling. This title is simply misleading, and not meant to cause any harm. There is no bias, only your own delusions.

@Oscar @Horus @Jango can you please handle this guy? He's getting seriously annoying.

There is a difference. That title was meant to incite hatred between Pakistanis and Indians, you were trolling. This title is simply misleading, and not meant to cause any harm.

@Oscar @Horus @Jango can you please handle this guy? He's getting seriously annoying.

Sorry mate...it wasn't trolling...it was sarcasm on what police did. There are many ways to tackle a 15 year old with a gun....rather than firing. There was similar incident few years back..when a kid was shot point blank..and the video turned viral.

...and just in case you don't understand what it means...

sarcasm
ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m/
noun
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    "she didn't like the note of sarcasm in his voice"
    synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, satire, irony, scorn, sneering, scoffing, gibing

Sorry mate...it wasn't trolling...it was sarcasm on what police did. There are many ways to tackle a 15 year old with a gun....rather than firing. There was similar incident few years back..when a kid was shot point blank..and the video turned viral.

...and just in case you don't understand what it means...

sarcasm
ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m/
noun
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    "she didn't like the note of sarcasm in his voice"
    synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, satire, irony, scorn, sneering, scoffing, gibing
No, it was trolling. Sarcasm and trolling aren't mutually exclusive. Remember, your title was "Brave Pakistani police officer, shoots 15 year old with toy gun".

What the hell did you think was going to come from that title? Especially considering your nationality? Even your own countryman called you out on your choice of words.

Now don't bother me, I don't have to justify myself to you. The fact that the mods chose to close your thread proves that they agreed with my assessment.

"Love Jihad" vs "Love Mahabharata" vs "Love Crusades" ... let the games begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom