What's new

Hindu saints invented nuclear technology, cosmetic surgery, rockets and planes: Gujarat university

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can laugh now, but even some of the Indian members on here are boasting about the same thing already.

Give it 10 years and it will achieve the same level of widespread belief as "33% of NASA scientists are Indians".

Or "Nehru gave India's UNSC permanent seat to China" (despite that being impossible under the UN charter).

In my debates with Indian members here, it seems that more people believe the rumours than vice versa.

I was thinking of posting this thread but such is the new-fangled menace of stupidity that I suspected it would be impossible to interact peacefully. I would have ended up becoming a troll in my own thread.

People have no issues of accepting individuals born 1300 or 2000 year ago as prophets but when it comes to accepting the inventions (or hypothesis ) made by some people in Hindu mythology so they have questions.. Weird??

The same sages taught Yoga but world can easily accept as it suits their quest. Same people can accept Scientifically modern MohanJodaro and Harappa after excavation but how come you are writing Indian scientists. How dare you?

:) am interested in knowing some basic reasons behind this claim of nuclear technology. Stars etc etc ok we can have some background there but NUKES?

What is the reason behind such a claim? even if it is mythological one

When people mistake concepts in mythology for actual inventions, it breeds this kind of foolishness.

I mean to give you an example, I believe in the Mahabharata, the warring sides talk about the use of certain powerful "baan" (arrows or projectile weapons) that have tremendous destructive powers. This is a concept. Probably not uncommon in cultures and mythology around the world including the Greeks. But I believe that some of these people propagating this BS believe that even imagining this concept thousands of years ago must mean that there must have been presence of the same.
I think this is where this nonsense stems from. And as a result makes the rest of us look like idiots. Few bad apples spoil the reputation of the bunch!

Last edited:
It's true.................. in some parallel universe

When people mistake concepts in mythology for actual inventions, it breeds this kind of foolishness.

I mean to give you an example, I believe in the Mahabharata, the warring sides talk about the use of certain powerful "baan" (arrows or projectile weapons) that have tremendous destructive powers. This is a concept. Probably not uncommon in cultures and mythology around the world including the Greeks. But I believe that some of these people propagating this BS believe that even imagining this concept thousands of years ago must mean that there must have been presence of the same.
I think this is where this nonsense stems from. And as a result makes the rest of us look like idiots. Few bad apples spoil the reputation of the bunch!
& sad thing is one of the alumni of this university is a Nobel prize winner in chemistry

People have no issues of accepting individuals born 1300 or 2000 year ago as prophets but when it comes to accepting the inventions (or hypothesis ) made by some people in Hindu mythology so they have questions.. Weird??

The same sages taught Yoga but world can easily accept as it suits their quest. Same people can accept Scientifically modern MohanJodaro and Harappa after excavation but how come you are writing Indian scientists. How dare you?
over to @Peshwa

& sad thing is one of the alumni of this university is a Nobel prize winner in chemistry

Given where the funding for this university is coming from, I will have to assume that even distinguished alumni have little say in these matters.
Religion and science don't mix! Yes, you can take values and morality from religion to apply in the educational setting, but the concept for faith and science do not go hand in hand in the subject matter being taught, ESP science.
If you believe in evolution, you cannot believe in Adam and Eve simultaneously!
That's just me and I could be wrong.

there is a fine line between mythology, reality & BS ...Look like even good western education system can't help eradicate deep rooted inferiority complex among some indians

Not really sure what to do with this dear sis, not sure if the argument is in favor of the university or just questioning Muslims on their faith. It's quite ambiguous.

there is a fine line between mythology, reality & BS ...Look like even good western education system can't help eradicate deep rooted inferiority complex among some indians

I don't know if this is an inferiority complex or a warped sense of superiority!
Either way its quite messed up and needs to be replaced with practicality and logic.
I also think it's got a lot to do with the education practices where we as students are never to question our teachers or what is being taught!
That's why to this day, Indians believe in rote instead of application of concepts.
It's troubling how much importance is given to the grades rather than actual knowledge. Sad sad trend.

Not to say Hindus are alone in this...the Bible Belt and cow Belt have many similarities.

Quickly come up with a concept unknown to mankind as of yet which will have scientific validity say in the next 50 years. Heck, it should be easy for you since you hypothize it is mere story telling.

Quickly come up with a concept unknown to mankind as of yet which will have scientific validity say in the next 50 years. Heck, it should be easy for you since you hypothize it is mere story telling.

So are you suggesting that mans wish to fly say 2000 years ago is the same as invention of flight?

The point I'm making is that the concept of a weapon that's massively destructive or flight is not something that dawned upon man only in the modern era. But it's invention certainly was. Those are two diff things.
Having achieved it now, some are trying to manicure the past to add to a warped religious ego. ESP when no evidence of these inventions in the past exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom