What's new

Hindu Mythology cartoons maybe banned in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question of you, Jana.

If you were on a tour of Rome with your family, which includes kids, would you visit the Vatican? Would you go to see the Sistine Chapel? Would you see Michelangelo's Pieta in St.Peter's Basilica? Would you allow kids to see these too, or would you cover their eyes or leave them behind in the hotel?

If you visited Rio de Janerio, would you go to see Corcovado which is a huge statue of Jesus on a mountain? It is the experience of a lifetime.

If you did these things and learned about them and let your kids learn about them, Would they be corrupted? I know that this is not the same as a cartoon based on Hanuman, but there are a lot of commonalities in the two. They are related to RECREATION, ENTERTAINMENT and EXPOSURE and they have to do with a religion different from your own.

Sorry its not the same. Surely i will go there and see the history and the architecture thats not an issue. I had visited Hindu temples in India though its another matter that in some NON-Hindus are not allowed to have darshan of your god inside that room but anyway to reply to your point is that visiting a place sometimes in your life is one thing and learning process whereas Indoctrinating small kids through daily feed of hanuman cartoons is quite a different thing that too in a country that is NOT idolworshipper.

Your provincial mindset will not allow you to see otherwise- this is, pardon my saying so, a "Kuan ka mendhak" policy that is not going to help Pakistanis in the long run or even the short run.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: this shows your frustration. This is NON Of your business if anyone wants to be kuan ka madak or kuan ka bandar.

and btw whats provincial mindset lolzzz refrain from personal attacks.

I am arguing with you very calmly and i know what i am saying i am very clear about that.

Her point is kids should not be allowed to be exposed to other religion other than parent's religion by cartoons.

Once the child has been indoctrinated by parents and society and becomes a hardcore religious person, then they can be told about other religions and how bad they are:D

Bulls eye... I have been told or got information about other religions as well which gave me nothing but positive things to learn as No parents wants to teach wrong things about their or other's religion. The biggest problem is when these people are discussing without seeing those cartoons. In Hanuman 2, A message against polution has been given and in My friend Ganesha 3 - Mouse were playing ice hockey and cutely dancing but NO religious bigots have problem with name without watching them.

I would like to address another point.

Many people are saying that learning about other religions as a child will not corrupt the child's beliefs. This is not true. For example, most Muslim kids that were in Australia celebrated Christmas even though it was a religious celebration for Christians. I remember as a child, I always wanted one of those red and white wrapped presents even though I got many things at Eid.

Islam promotes learning about other religions. Islam tells us that we should read into other scriptures and follow (from Bible and Torah) also that what does not oppose the Qur'an which is found in that book. Now, how can kids learn about other religions when they are not mature enough? Reasoning comes with maturity. The child, before he is mature, is taught nimaaz, fasting, basic do's and don'ts in Islam but he is told why we do such things when we reach maturity. I only started reading Qur'an in English when I was 'mature'- as a child, I was not interested. Why? Because I was a child. I would have rather opted Christian beliefs to get one of those shiny red and white presents!

Sorry its not the same. Surely i will go there and see the history and the architecture thats not an issue. I had visited Hindu temples in India though its another matter that in some NON-Hindus are not allowed to have darshan of your god inside that room but anyway to reply to your point is that visiting a place sometimes in your life is one thing and learning process whereas Indoctrinating small kids through daily feed of hanuman cartoons is quite a different thing that too in a country that is NOT idolworshipper.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: this shows your frustration. This is NON Of your business if anyone wants to be kuan ka madak or kuan ka bandar.

and btw whats provincial mindset lolzzz refrain from personal attacks.

I am arguing with you very calmly and i know what i am saying i am very clear about that.

Cool, we agree to disagree then:cheers:

Many people are saying that learning about other religions as a child will not corrupt the child's beliefs. This is not true. For example, most Muslim kids that were in Australia celebrated Christmas even though it was a religious celebration for Christians. I remember as a child, I always wanted one of those red and white wrapped presents even though I got many things at Eid.

Islam promotes learning about other religions. Islam tells us that we should read into other scriptures and follow (from Bible and Torah) also that what does not oppose the Qur'an which is found in that book. Now, how can kids learn about other religions when they are not mature enough? Reasoning comes with maturity. The child, before he is mature, is taught nimaaz, fasting, basic do's and don'ts in Islam but he is told why we do such things when we reach maturity. I only started reading Qur'an in English when I was 'mature'- as a child, I was not interested. Why? Because I was a child. I would have rather opted Christian beliefs to get one of those shiny red and white presents!
u seem to be implying that its a bad thing for a muslim child to be celebrating christmas. i would disagree with you there. australia is predominantly christian, so joining the rest of the people in celebrations can only bring you closer to them. it is not the case that by celebrating christmas, one stops celebrating eid or becomes any less of a muslim. in india hindus and muslims celebrate holi together a definitely hindu festival, and the hindus celebrate eid. this does not make either of the two communities less of hindu or muslim. it just gives them more occasions to be together and enjoy.

Mods request you to deleted this idiots remarks on Jana and take care of NoEscape as well who is thanking him.. I may tolerate anything against my belief but not against ethics (disrespect against woman).

I think this is great for you to celebrate Christmas as well.. This gives a sense of celebrating of others' belief as well.. I am going to have my share of Eid sewainyas.. Please you send me some as well..:toast_sign:

u seem to be implying that its a bad thing for a muslim child to be celebrating christmas. i would disagree with you there. australia is predominantly christian, so joining the rest of the people in celebrations can only bring you closer to them. it is not the case that by celebrating christmas, one stops celebrating eid or becomes any less of a muslim. in india hindus and muslims celebrate holi together a definitely hindu festival, and the hindus celebrate eid. this does not make either of the two communities less of hindu or muslim. it just gives them more occasions to be together and enjoy.

We are not allowed to celebrate Prophets of God. Jesus was a prophet of God, and Christmas is a festival celebrating his birth. We don't even celebrate Prophet Muhammad's birthday; In Islam it is strictly forbidden to celebrate prophets. Hence, Christmas is against our beliefs. We have nothing against others celebrating it. We just don't celebrate it ourselves

I think this is great for you to celebrate Christmas as well.. This gives a sense of celebrating of others' belief as well.. I am going to have my share of Eid sewainyas.. Please you send me some as well..:toast_sign:

Haha, we actually do this on Eid. Everybody has a taste of their neighbor's food on Eid.

Anyway, I think this is getting rather off topic and has resulted to a lot of flaming anyhow.

This ban is a load of crap doesn't the punjab government have anything better to do who cares if they show hindu mythology ? there is kids shows promoting christianity and islam why hindus don't have right to do the same ? change the damn channel if you don't like it ! it's so unfair on the largest minority -the hindus in pakistan who may want to watch it .
also stop being such hypocrites next time some islamic scholar is banned in a non-muslim country you guys should remember the comments you made here about promotion of hinduism in a muslim country and keep your mouths shut.

Last edited:

Being a hypocrite is one thing and then spewing lies is another. How did the temple know you were a Muslim? What temples did you visit? Remember when we had asked for proof of the Babri Masjid document you apparently received..you ran away and never posted it!

:D well we know how much you hate us Hindus...to the extent that your intolerance does not even take into scores of Pakistani Hindus into account at all. Are you sure speaking to Hindus here is not rubbing of some "Hinduism" on you?? :lol:

2. Surely if the kids asks his parents why we do not worship hanuman or ganesh or if snakes do not bite us and they can be friendly to us by worshiping then can he/she holds the snake as been shown by Hindu mythology. SO what do you think what the parents will tell them ?? other than the difference betwene Idol worshiping and Islam.

Thank GOD we Hindus do not tell our children just because a man has a beard he is Osama :lol: Fair enough? Now please tell me where in Hinduism does it say please hold snakes they don't bite!

By your own logic then Pakistani kids will now start beating each other up and steal cheese from the Kitchen? Whats so different that Tom and Jerry teaches you? tsk-tsk you are not making any sense

No you read it wrong..

Its a freebie for coming election..

Please dont interpret something out of nothing by stating " yeah i read it somewhere".

or may be you did...:cheesy:

To mark World Population Day last Saturday, India’s health and family welfare minister, Ghulam Nabi Azad, declared that every rural home in India should have a television. But this was no campaign for the masses’ right to infotainment. Rather, Azad sees the TV as a magic bullet to fix the country’s ‘population crisis’ - that is, TV shows might prove to be a distraction for those impoverished baby-making machines in rural India. If they could just watch TV instead of having ***, there would be fewer poor, rural babies born. Population crisis solved.

Source: Watch TV instead of having sex | spiked

Being a hypocrite is one thing and then spewing lies is another. How did the temple know you were a Muslim? What temples did you visit? Remember when we had asked for proof of the Babri Masjid document you apparently received..you ran away and never posted it!

:D well we know how much you hate us Hindus...to the extent that your intolerance does not even take into scores of Pakistani Hindus into account at all. Are you sure speaking to Hindus here is not rubbing of some "Hinduism" on you?? :lol:

Vishwanath temple in Varanasi does not allow non-hindus to enter sanctum sanctorum. I have seen the board explicitly mentioning that, foreigners were not allowed in (obviously cos they are easily identifiable).
This is from my visit to the temple in the 90's. I do not know if they changed the policy now or if its the same.

Thank GOD we Hindus do not tell our children just because a man has a beard he is Osama :lol: Fair enough? Now please tell me where in Hinduism does it say please hold snakes they don't bite!

By your own logic then Pakistani kids will now start beating each other up and steal cheese from the Kitchen? Whats so different that Tom and Jerry teaches you? tsk-tsk you are not making any sense

Funny you say so because I was watching the talkshow about the I am Khan movie and muslim speakers were invited to talk. The director with the beard (dunno if he was a director) said that when he was walking a child pointed to him and said "Look mummy, it's bin laden!"
:what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom