What's new

Hindu migrants from Bangladesh must be accommodated: Modi

Yes, but Modi was saying he was above vote bank politics.

Now he is saying the GoI should form a policy based on religion: treat Hindu migrants differently from other migrants from Bangladesh.

They are in detention centers as illegal migrants, they won't going to vote for Modi or anybody else. :-)

And Modi might have said Hindu migrants because they are the ones being constantly persecuted in Bangladesh and fleeing that country, it is not easy for anybody to leave own country and illegally come to a different country with family to face an uncertain future, never knowing when they will be pushed back or jailed, situations are that bad there for people to take such drastic step. What should we do with them, after all they were Indians once.

Actually, why just Bangladesh. Give a right of return to any persecuted minority of Indian descent. This would include Roma Gypsies, people in Suriname and Fiji too.

These people were Indians once, due to narrow-minded politics on religious lines they ended up in a new country, now they are being persecuted in their new country for the same reason that caused the partition. A persecuted minority from Bangladesh or Pakistan cannot be compared with any other migrants.

you are right but its was choice given to them to settle in India while people who created Pakistan aren't welcomed after partition and we surely don't need any debate on secularism for that.

They (Hindus) Didn't know that they will face religious discrimination. Now they are facing problems. Should we turn our face away from them?

I think we should accomodate Hindus in India and send back the same no. of illegal BD's back.This wont put pressure on our economy also.

you tell me first. :pissed:

Today I can't even go back to my ancestral land, you can understand how I feel. :-)
I believe most Bengali Hindus & Muslims are far more tolerant than others, and we could have stayed together without falling into the trap of religious politics. I have many Muslim friends, during my college days, PG days, and initial phase of my work life I have lived with many Muslims in hostels and shared accommodations, we have shared rooms, we have shared 'aloor chop ar muri' from the same bowl, we have shared drinks from the same glass, went out to celebrate every festival together, the question of religion never really occurred to us ever. You won't believe but we used to do Saraswati Puja together, and we went to our Muslim friends' homes during their festivals, for food. :D You will find many Muslims in the Durga Puja or Kali Puja committees here, and Hindus in Muslims Daawat committees. I can't remember about any riots in WB.

For us in west Bengal, we are Indian first, then Bengalis, and then everything else, how things would be any different with BD Muslims if we were together? For me, I am not even a very religious Hindu. :P But yes, religious hardliners of Bangladesh would be a problem if we were together, I think religious hardliners are gaining strength in Bangladesh, prevent them, they are like cancer, these hardliners never did any good to any country wherever they flourished.

And if we were together, then you had to be a part of India, that would not be acceptable to @BDforever and @Anubis :cray:
@scorpionx @Aka123 what is your opinion on this? :D And @DarkPrince you didn't tell me from where you are. :(

Today I can't even go back to my ancestral land, you can understand how I feel. :-)
I believe most Bengali Hindus & Muslims are far more tolerant than others, and we could have stayed together without falling into the trap of religious politics. I have many Muslim friends, during my college days, PG days, and initial phase of my work life I have lived with many Muslims in hostels and shared accommodations, we have shared rooms, we have shared 'aloor chop ar muri' from the same bowl, we have shared drinks from the same glass, went out to celebrate every festival together, the question of religion never really occurred to us ever. You won't believe but we used to do Saraswati Puja together, and we went to our Muslim friends' homes during their festivals, for food. :D You will find many Muslims in the Durga Puja or Kali Puja committees here, and Hindus in Muslims Daawat committees. I can't remember about any riots in WB.

For us in west Bengal, we are Indian first, then Bengalis, and then everything else, how things would be any different with BD Muslims if we were together? For me, I am not even a very religious Hindu. :P But yes, religious hardliners of Bangladesh would be a problem if we were together, I think religious hardliners are gaining strength in Bangladesh, prevent them, they are like cancer, these hardliners never did any good to any country wherever they flourished.

And if we were together, then you had to be a part of India, that would not be acceptable to @BDforever and @Anubis :cray:
@scorpionx @Aka123 what is your opinion on this? :D And @DarkPrince you didn't tell me from where you are. :(

Same here. I am having similar experiences. We never think about religion and it never comes up in personal relationships. We might have got @BDforever , @Anubis , @DarkPrince and many others but then we also had to bear people like Luffy, Asad, Idune, Kalu Miah and many others who are unbearable.

@DRAY

Bengal is the land of Raja RamMohan, Michael Madhusudan, Ishwar Bannerjee and Vivekananda. loathing religious hatred is in our veins. There is some exceptions off course, but that is nothing compared to rest of India. We are born commies.

@DRAY

Bengal is the land of Raja RamMohan, Michael Madhusudan, Ishwar Bannerjee and Vivekananda. loathing religious hatred is in our veins. There is some exceptions off course, but that is nothing compared to rest of India. We are born commies.

I told you once that all Bengalis are more or less communists in their political & economic outlook. :D

Back
Top Bottom