What's new

Himalayas: Water towers of Asia

I know it's riduculous task but we should keep the spirit of 愚公移山, if we want to monsoon to be beneficial to generations to come, of course all within the techinical feasibility.

9F43098416E343299C66C605C5C5E711.jpg

As a engineer I focus on least cost path. Divert 50% of Yangtze to the northern plain is a better idea.

The 3 gorge dam is far from environmental catastrophe. I am an engineer and I really feel excited and marveled about 3 gorge dam.

Not everything that is a technical challenge has to be good.

It can be a disaster, especially when a decision is taken by a small number of people with no considerations for possible impact.

Start a thread to discuss it.

May be some other time.

Altering the course of rivers is as retarded as it gets, considering the catastrophe it can cause doing natural calamities like floods.

Both Maharastra and Maadhya Pradesh do have rivers

maharashtra-river-map.jpg

madhya-pradesh-river-map.jpg

And to combat drought India is focusing on Ground water harvesting-

WDD-GOK

Should strike a balance somehow. We are entitled our opinions but me an engineers like to build things.

Not everything that is a technical challenge has to be good.

It can be a disaster, especially when a decision is taken by a small number of people with no considerations for possible impact.

May be some other time.

For 3 gorge dam, I dont agree its bad. I have studied the hydrology as an amateur of Yangtze and I came to conclusion that 3 gorge dam is extremely beneficial.

Should thank the communist.

As a engineer I focus on least cost path. Divert 50% of Yangtze to the northern plain is a better idea.

If Tibet plateau acts as vacuum to suck moisture of Indian ocean then we just need to create a passage for the monsoon to gradually cross to our side, I didn't mean to flattern the entire Tibet plateau. I believe technically and financially feasible...the benefit is enormous afterward.

The Tibetan plateau and the Indian monsoon - The Hindu
As the vast Tibetan plateau, high up in the mountains, warmed during the summer months, it heated the air above, which then rose and created an area of low pressure, explained Dr. Rajagopalan. That belt of low pressure sucked in moisture from the oceans, thus initiating the monsoon.

Should strike a balance somehow. We are entitled our opinions but me an engineers like to build things.

True enough. Yet as they say that war is too important to be left to the generals.

For 3 gorge dam, I dont agree its bad. I have studied the hydrology as an amateur of Yangtze and I came to conclusion that 3 gorge dam is extremely beneficial.

Should thank the communist.

Hope it remains beneficial. Such things can be environmentally disastrous in ways that are difficult to predict.

A very exhaustive due diligence and cost benefit studies need to be carried out for such massive projects. There is a reason why large dams are so rare now.

If Tibet plateau acts as vacuum to suck moisture of Indian ocean then we just need to create a passage for the monsoon to gradually cross to our side
you are amazing man :omghaha: ...keep it up this spirit..and don't forget to install high pressure sucking pumps on the peak of himalayas to suck all monsoon..or may be you can use your big mouth there as well.:cheesy::cheesy: suck monsoon in mouth and do rain where you want...:omghaha:

you are amazing man :omghaha: ...keep it up this spirit..and don't forget to install high pressure sucking pumps on the peak of himalayas to suck all monsoon..or may be you can use your big mouth there as well.:cheesy::cheesy: suck monsoon in mouth and do rain where you want...:omghaha:

We chinese like to defy the odd such how we did with Tibet Train over the perma-frost lands. I'm wondering how Indians will live without Monsoon.:coffee:

That's the most cost effective idea. ;)

We chinese like to defy the odd such how we did with Tibet Train over the perma-frost lands. I'm wondering how Indians will live without Monsoon.:coffee:

Counting the chickens before they hatch. ;)

We chinese like to defy the odd such how we did with Tibet Train over the perma-frost lands. I'm wondering how Indians will live without Monsoon.
thats what i said..you are amazing..:cheesy: .you are a true pdf warrior... BTW from where do you get those ideas??? for ex: in our country it is like "problem in love marriage, get your husband under control, sautan se chutkara..<get rid off from extramaritial affairs..>"...

You can do better than insult, dont you? Or because you are desperate of not having confident to win an intellectual exchange. Should not think highly of PRC as they are really worse than Indians.

Look at the stuff you guys wrote minus away vulgarities.
Lets just say we agree to disagree

I think humans are the only species who constantly deny nature.

thats what i said..you are amazing..:cheesy: .you are a true pdf warrior... BTW from where do you get those ideas??? for ex: in our country it is like "problem in love marriage, get your husband under control, sautan se chutkara..<get rid off from extramaritial affairs..>"...

I got that idea thanks to your countryman @Enemy, he said that divert water won't cause much problem to India unless we can make a weapon that can control India monsoon so I just keep digging how to answer to his challenge. Great pain for great reward, the cost to alter India's monsoon is very high but the reward will also be,answer to our water shortage ,recover our desert land for farming and access to renewable water through monsoon will ensure Chinese future industrial growth, and solve all kind of social problems that is related to water such drinking, shower,...basically at the end all spending will be repayed by itself.

But for India side, I don't know what will be the impact without monson, maybe you guys can adapt to a new desert live :coffee:
4655-004-CFD53A65.jpg

Last edited:
Great pain for great reward, the cost to alter India's monsoon is very high but the reward will also be, recover our desert land for farming and access to renewable water through monsoon will ensure Chinese future industrial growth, and solve all kind of social problems that is related to water such drinking, shower,...basically at the end all spending will be repayed by itself.
Shhhhhhhh...hey don't wake up..its not morning..sleep well and enjoy your dreams and don't forget to tell us your great :omghaha: ideas.....:cheesy:

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom