Choppers

Reaction score
Country
India
Hilter had once played cricket: Book​
PTI, Mar 19, 2010, 05.25pm IST

4133925bdec3a8d31cd4c0f76042df67.jpg

File photo of German 'Fuehrer' Adolf Hitler. Photo: AP

LONDON: Adolf Hitler, the German dictator, had once played cricket and had wanted to "Nazify" the game by rewriting its rules, according to a new book.

The book says that after the game, the Fuhrer had "advocated the withdrawal of the use of pads" because the "artificial bolsters" were "unmanly and un-German".

Hitler "advocated the withdrawal of the use of pads. These artificial 'bolsters' he dismissed as unmanly and un-German. He also recommended a bigger and harder ball," John Simpson wrote in the book on 20th-century reporting, citing a piece of article in the Daily Mirror in 1930.

The Fuhrer, had an ulterior motive for wanting to learn the game. "He desired to study it as a possible medium for the training of troops off duty and in times of peace. He also wanted the game to be Nazified," The Times said quoting the 1930 article.

The Mirror piece that appeared under the headline "Adolf Hitler As I Know Him" on September 30, 1930, was written by Oliver Locker-Lampson, an MP and fervent admirer of Hitler. It revealed that the dictator was taught the rules of the game by British troops to play a friendly match against some POWs of the First World War.

In the article, Locker-Lampson describes the series of event to the only game played by Hitler.

He informs how in 1923, shortly after the Munich putsch, Hitler had asked some British POWs to teach the game and how, they (prisoners of war) have written the rules for him in the best British sport-loving spirit".

The Locker-Lampson's article, however, fails to inform who won the match.

Hilter had once played cricket: Book - Europe - World - The Times of India

Last edited:
there is a rumour that Hitler killed the whole cricket team - very popular rumour and then i searched on google (couple of years ago) if i could find anything on it and found it was just a rumour and many peoples still believe thats truth

Now this is something new for me...........
"He desired to study it as a possible medium for the training of troops off duty and in times of peace. He also wanted the game to be Nazified," The Times said quoting the 1930 article.

Hail Hitler ..! Even bush played cricket ..now theres a similarity ..:lol:

Hitler and Bush are equal in my eyes.......... both killed Millions of innocents........ :tdown::tdown::tdown:

btw not everybody plays cricket is bad :agree:

Hilter had once played cricket: Book​
PTI, Mar 19, 2010, 05.25pm IST

4133925bdec3a8d31cd4c0f76042df67.jpg

File photo of German 'Fuehrer' Adolf Hitler. Photo: AP

LONDON: Adolf Hitler, the German dictator, had once played cricket and had wanted to "Nazify" the game by rewriting its rules, according to a new book.

The book says that after the game, the Fuhrer had "advocated the withdrawal of the use of pads" because the "artificial bolsters" were "unmanly and un-German".

Hitler "advocated the withdrawal of the use of pads. These artificial 'bolsters' he dismissed as unmanly and un-German. He also recommended a bigger and harder ball," John Simpson wrote in the book on 20th-century reporting, citing a piece of article in the Daily Mirror in 1930.

The Fuhrer, had an ulterior motive for wanting to learn the game. "He desired to study it as a possible medium for the training of troops off duty and in times of peace. He also wanted the game to be Nazified," The Times said quoting the 1930 article.

The Mirror piece that appeared under the headline "Adolf Hitler As I Know Him" on September 30, 1930, was written by Oliver Locker-Lampson, an MP and fervent admirer of Hitler. It revealed that the dictator was taught the rules of the game by British troops to play a friendly match against some POWs of the First World War.

In the article, Locker-Lampson describes the series of event to the only game played by Hitler.

He informs how in 1923, shortly after the Munich putsch, Hitler had asked some British POWs to teach the game and how, they (prisoners of war) have written the rules for him in the best British sport-loving spirit".

The Locker-Lampson's article, however, fails to inform who won the match.

Hilter had once played cricket: Book - Europe - World - The Times of India

harder balls, no pads! :disagree::disagree:

hitler should have batted padless and faced someone like shoaib akhthar bowling a 100mph thunderbolt at him with a bigger and harder ball. And see if he could 'take it like a man'!

Like every evil dictator, Hitler has no shortage of dumb ideas.

I think its just another propaganda piece against one of the best Military Commanders of all time. The Jews and the West have still not overcome their fear of the Germans.

I think its just another propaganda piece against one of the best Military Commanders of all time. The Jews and the West have still not overcome their fear of the Germans.

one of the best i think you need a little refresher on world war two

harder balls, no pads! :disagree::disagree:

hitler should have batted padless and faced someone like shoaib akhthar bowling a 100mph thunderbolt at him with a bigger and harder ball. And see if he could 'take it like a man'!

Like every evil dictator, Hitler has no shortage of dumb ideas.
Do yo guyz know a fact about Adolf Hitler that he had only one testicle:cheesy:, i guess it explains why :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don't know why, But I like the man. And BTW, apart from hating Jews what are the other worst things (if at all) that he did?

Don't know why, But I like the man. And BTW, apart from hating Jews what are the other worst things (if at all) that he did?

He killed around 17 million peoples according to some sources of which 6 million were jews. What about the rest? if i am not wrong around 250,000 of which were desabled :cry:

I like the man too just cuz he hate jews:azn:

why do you hate jews?

He killed around 17 million peoples according to some sources of which 6 million were jews. What about the rest? if i am not wrong around 250,000 of which were desabled :cry:

why do you hate jews?
History is written by winners

We may never know the actual History. Not only in this case.

All we know is the success stories of the winners :)

Back
Top Bottom