What's new

High speed bullet trains in India very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirza Jatt

Reaction score
Country
India
High speed bullet trains in India

jr-west-700-series-shinkansen.jpg

Few years ago we heard the news of introduction of high speed bullet trains in India, but nothing was heard about it after that. Well, Here is the good news, Indian Railways’ top officials are into a dialogue with the Japanese delegation that just visited India, for introducing high speed bullet trains system under which the trains would run at a speed of 300km/hr. The Railways has already selected the six speed corridors where these trains would run and a feasibility study would be conducted very soon.

A high speed rail authority will be set up for which the cabinet note is ready. The authority will decide the management and ownership of each high speed corridor. It will also decide based on the study whether a particular corridor will be implemented on PPP or non PPP. The Pune-Mumbai – Ahmedabad high speed study is complete and the study on Delhi-Agra-Lucknow-Varanasi-Patna and Howrah-Haldia corridors will be done and reports will be submitted soon. Even the tenders for the study of Chennai-Bangalore-Coimbatore-Ernakulum-Thiruvananthapuram high speed corridor are under final negotiations

Japan which has become India’s one of the most trusted friends lately, has shown great interest in the project. Indian railways believe with the help of japan which already runs high speed trains can show India the way in this field. In fact a team of 12 members from railways had gone to Japan to study the high speed train system.

High speed bullet trains in India | India dreams big

a good development indeed. par in trains ko kya jhuggion ke uppar se daudayenge ?

no buddy..thats why the pre feasibilty studies are done and only few selected corridors are chosen where the infrastructural conditions are good for the running of these trains....as we develp more...more corridors will come under the high speed railways authority.

Anybody having Idea what gauge would be used for High Speed Rail, it would be Broad Gauge like Indian Railways or Standard Gauge like our Metro rail systems.

Anybody having Idea what gauge would be used for High Speed Rail, it would be Broad Gauge like Indian Railways or Standard Gauge like our Metro rail systems.

I dont think it will be broad guage

Its a costly project...I think we should also consider building them in India or we should go to Chinese so as to reduce the cost.

I dont think it will be broad guage

our Metro System shifted to Standard Gauge, so that getting new Rolling stocks from international market would be easy and less time consuming. Only some line in Delhi Metro and Kolkata Metro are Broad Gauge, all others under construction are Standard Gauge. I assume same may be true for Bullet trains in India. It would be nice to see Shinkansen Running in India.

Good for India, but looking at the speed of other Indian projects this "very soon" could be many years away. BTW do majority trains in India run on diesel fuel or electricity?

our Metro System shifted to Standard Gauge, so that getting new Rolling stocks from international market would be easy and less time consuming. Only some line in Delhi Metro and Kolkata Metro are Broad Gauge, all others under construction are Standard Gauge. I assume same may be true for Bullet trains in India. It would be nice to see Shinkansen Running in India.

We make those guages @ home,dnt we?

Its a costly project...I think we should also consider building them in India or we should go to Chinese so as to reduce the cost.

Japanese are offering a joint venture with an Indian company for Shinkansen Technology. Like Bombardier and BEML producing metro coaches, I think same would be produced in India later on.

We make those guages @ home,dnt we?

Bombardier has manufacturing plant in Salvi, Gujarat and BEML Bangalore is also manufacturing it.

The thing is many spare parts available in the world for Metro Rails are meant for Standard Gauge trains. So, it would be easy to get these spare parts from International market in least times if we want rapid expansion of Metro Rail system in India.

Good news, Japan is a good friend to India which is helping them a good deal. Delhi metro was so successful partly because of the Japenese involvement and expertise. Why try and re-invent the wheel? Learn from those who have already had succes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom