What's new

Here's how Pakistan can try and solve its image problem

These burger elites don't know jack sh!t about Pakistan. They are part of the problem. Handing out vague lectures about Pakistan's problems is just a convenient way to vent frustration. Frustration about things not going as they prefer or have imagined. These people live in their comfortable surrounding. They don't have any connect with the vast majority of Pakistanis who face hardships on a daily basis. If anything, the elite is the problem in Pakistan. They support and protect corruption. Paid content writers spew any nonsense as long as they are paid. These are the "educated" people who have let Pakistan down time and time again. Today, they are shedding crocodile tears about the image problem that Pakistan has. Too little too late.

These burger elites have one agenda and that is to tow the US line. Just follow US orders and everything will be fine. That is their ultimate solution for Pakistan. Outsource Pakistan in its entirety to the US and India. That means, let your people get mass killed in US drone strikes. Survive on US aid with stringent conditions. Ditch CPEC and China cooperation. Allow Bollywood to flourish in Pakistan and put a dot on your forehead. All image problems will disappear on a whim. Too bad they can't have it their way.

Pakistanis feel proud. Pakistan has its fair share of problems, but we are not going to be lectured by some delusional burger elite about our image problems. We have a neighbor where rape is rampant, women's rights are virtually nonexistent and hostility against minorities is on the rise since Modi's rule. Yet, nationalist Indians claim to be on top of the world. Burger elites are insecure. Burger elites want to copy another identity. Burger elites can embrace another culture or country if they feel let down by Pakistan. Pakistanis aren't going to overhaul their traditions and beliefs to accommodate a bunch of insecure burger elites.

Today the burger elites have been shunned and red faced by their own Aman ki Asha Indian allies. Pakistani actors are ditched from India and all these burger elites can do is lick their wounds. Whilst Indian nationalists and Indian actors fully support their army in their transgression against Pakistan the burger elites are too busy worrying about their image.

That is the same rant replaced Burgers with immigrants and liberals here in the US that a Islam-hating Trump supporter made. The similarities between his rant and yours is amazing.

I agree with you fully.These elite burgers are the least productive in our country.One won't be able to find any service or work by them that's worthy to this country.They are only good at mocking their own country just to vent their frustrations regarding getting US and Canada Visas.All the development and progress that pakistan made to date is due to all those so called paindoos and tatt kay school graduates not these libtards
161102204216-trump-supporter-2-voter-confessionals-2016-election-ac360-00000727-large-169.jpg

That is the same rant replaced Burgers with immigrants and liberals here in the US that a Islam-hating Trump supporter made. The similarities between his rant and yours is amazing.

So you think anyone who does not want Pakistan to be a slave nation for the west, tow the US line and be proud of their culture, beliefs and nation automatically makes them a white or a christian hater does it?, every thing that member said was completely justified and rational, if a nation like Turkey which was aggressively secular just a few decades ago to the point that the call to azaan, wearing hijab and beard was banned and yet was treated like shit by Europe and is the reason why today Turkey is actively looking east and trying to find their lost culture, civilization and empire again, and you seriously think Pakistan if we achieve that level of secular oppression would be treated any differently?, tell me how many drone strikes, threats of blowing us back to the stone age, giving political asylum to corrupt political leaders, actively supporting India’s nuclear ambitions while trying to curtail ours, banning arms sale in the 65 and 71 war, captured CIA operatives like Raymond Davis who killed innocent Pakistani civilians going scot-free mere days later would it take for you to value Pakistan more than your own lifestyle?, and yes if you are going to in your butthurtness respond to a completely rational and well thought out comment/analysis of another member by accusing him or her of being a white or a christian hater I’m going to do the same to you.

Born and bred in the US, living in palaces in Pakistan is going to tell us who we are.

So you think anyone who does not want Pakistan to be a slave nation for the west, tow the US line and be proud of their culture, beliefs and nation automatically makes them a white or a christian hater does it?, every thing that member said was completely justified and rational, if a nation like Turkey which was aggressively secular just a few decades ago to the point that the call to azaan, wearing hijab and beard was banned and yet was treated like shit by Europe and is the reason why today Turkey is actively looking east and trying to find their lost culture, civilization and empire again, and you seriously think Pakistan if we achieve that level of secular oppression would be treated any differently?, tell me how many drone strikes, threats of blowing us back to the stone age, giving political asylum to corrupt political leaders, actively supporting India’s nuclear ambitions while trying to curtail ours, banning arms sale in the 65 and 71 war, captured CIA operatives like Raymond Davis who killed innocent Pakistani civilians going scot-free mere days later would it take for you to value Pakistan more than your own lifestyle?, and yes if you are going to in your butthurtness respond to a completely rational and well thought out comment/analysis of another member by accusing him or her of being a white or a christian hater I’m going to do the same to you.

Born and bred in the US, living in palaces in Pakistan is going to tell us who we are.

That is the same argument that the christian hater gives for an immigrant like me that came recently to the US, so clearly you ARE his moral equivalent. No difference in either intelligence, nor hatred. He wants to throw out and persecute all those that disagree with anything he says, you seem to want to do the same.

The stuff above it all is completely irrelevant to the question.

That is the same argument that the christian hater gives for an immigrant like me that came recently to the US, so clearly you ARE his moral equivalent. No difference in either intelligence, nor hatred. He wants to throw out and persecute all those that disagree with anything he says, you seem to want to do the same.

The stuff above it all is completely irrelevant to the question.

I hate no one, as a Muslim I have been thought not to hate on the basis of cast, creed or race, a Muslim will never be a racist heck I listen to more Caucasian, western reverted Muslim scholars the likes of Yusuf Estes, Abdul Raheem Green, Hamza Andreas tzortzis, Dr. Jeffrey Lang then I do from other races, nation or cultures, my dislike of the US or the west in general is not based on individuality but by nations, US is a war mongering nation and has been at war 93% of the time since it's existence, plus they have continued to screw us over for decades while USSR was a much more loyal friend and ally of India, it was our involvement in the USSR/Afghan war of the 80's that led to the freeing of eastern European states and yet they look down upon us like filth, we have suffered enough being a US/western slave but no more specially when China offers us friendship as equals, as brothers.

Proud nations like China are only screwed once like the unfair treaty/opium war or the rape of nanking but when the opportunity arises they put themselves headlong in hard work and say never again would we allow anyone else to take advantage of us, threaten our sovereignty, people, culture and civilization, not like Pakistan where a state comes and threatens us to blow us back to the stone age or their agents caught in Pakistan killing innocent Pakistani civilians going scot-free because the American masters commanded it.

I hate no one, as a Muslim I have been thought not to hate on the basis of cast, creed or race, a Muslim will never be a racist heck I listen to more Caucasian, western reverted Muslim scholars the likes of Yusuf Estes, Abdul Raheem Green, Hamza Andreas tzortzis, Dr. Jeffrey Lang then I do from other races, nation or cultures, my dislike of the US or the west in general is not based on individuality but by nations, US is a war mongering nation and has been at war 93% of the time since it's existence, plus they have continued to screw us over for decades while USSR was a much more loyal friend and ally of India, it was our involvement in the USSR/Afghan war of the 80's that led to the freeing of eastern European states and yet they look down upon us like filth, we have suffered enough being a US/western slave but no more specially when China offers us friendship as equals, as brothers.

Proud nations like China are only screwed once like the unfair treaty/opium war or the rape of nanking but when the opportunity arises they put themselves headlong in hard work and say never again would we allow anyone else to take advantage of us, threaten our sovereignty, people, culture and civilization, not like Pakistan where a state comes and threatens us to blow us back to the stone age or their agents caught in Pakistan killing innocent Pakistani civilians going scot-free because the American masters commanded it.
First, the Chinese have no concept of equality; there is profit for China in EVERY deal they do. They are supportive, but not without cost.

Second, there is actually NOTHING wrong with what you said; but this falls on Pakistanis more than the US. Smart nations like India know how to exploit diplomacy much better than sell outs like Ayub or Zia. There is an ENTIRE network of US spies within the military and civil setup in Pakistan, and yet these are people whom you will salute and praise.

Who is at fault? the US? NO
It is you and Pakistanis in collective. Pakistani more worried about Hijab and other meaningless issues rather than education, more worried about ethnicity and sectarianism than polio. They are focused more on Chagai monuments rather than Trade deficit and investments.

The US has its agenda and regardless of both good and bad intentions, it will rape Pakistan to the hilt if it needs to for its interests because Pakistanis are ineffective bickering morons who have zero capacity to look out for their interests based on reality rather than some fantasy based on 10th century Arabia or Tipu Sultan.

Replace the US with Arabs, Chinese and everyone else; and you have your story. But, it is easier to deny this story and rant on "liberals" and conspiracy when the greatest sellouts wear beards and pronounce perfect arabic phonetics, as they meet with people in SUVs near F-8 to bargain for US Visa's and Bank account deposits in the Cayman Islands.

You will be here hating the "Liberals" and America while not moving a millimetre. The CPEC will end not 1/5th of its promises, Sunnis and Shias will continue to kill, Social Taboos will continue to happen under the radar.
Older men will continue to rant pointless theories here, a new generation of "Pakistan has been cheated , Muslims are great" will replace you.. until Pakistan ends.

Nothing changes, Nothing will.

And this is why Pakistan will never change. It's already just as good as anywhere else in the minds of too many of its own citizens.
not agreed.
i think pakistan has changed in so much respects which you cant ignore. for example, take our society, other things remain variable, it has been changed in its overall shape. Pakistanis have started to to pay attention to our politics, our education, our development etc. if you note that Pakistan is in gradual phase of development for which the basic requirement is public ownership and we have started to do so. i dont think that Pak would not be changed if table turns and table is going to be changed in this era of public awareness.

Back
Top Bottom