What's new

Help with reference prices of AK47, Krinkov and Glock 26

scary indeed..but for me the reasons are a bit different.
It is scary for me to see that one can actually buy these guns in Pakistan.In India,one needs to have permission directly from the home ministry in order to buy a revolver or a pistol.Rifles are rare,and mostly bolt-action ones.I am not sure whether anyone can possess a semi-auto rifle legally or or not.Fully automatic are definitely not allowed.

So you don't believe honest, reliable citizens should be allowed to bear arms? If so, why not? All that means is that law abiding people are disarmed, and criminals are armed.

So you don't believe honest, reliable citizens should be allowed to bear arms? If so, why not? All that means is that law abiding people are disarmed, and criminals are armed.

I think we will all be safer people when everybody is allowed to keep arms(registered with the governemt offcourse).
But imagine the deterrence to criminals when they know that whether its the next house, car or business they try to hit.. they are likely to get shot and killed before the police arrive.

scary indeed..but for me the reasons are a bit different.
It is scary for me to see that one can actually buy these guns in Pakistan.In India,one needs to have permission directly from the home ministry in order to buy a revolver or a pistol.Rifles are rare,and mostly bolt-action ones.I am not sure whether anyone can possess a semi-auto rifle legally or or not.Fully automatic are definitely not allowed.

What is scary is that you read the posts where people have complained about how difficult it is to get these licences in Pakistan, how abnormally expensive they are, etc and
then chose to ignore them and post your flamer. Furthermore you need not be scared unless your preparing to rob a joint or something. After all I doubt the crooks would be the ones running after these licenses. Also go check out how easy it is to buy these weapons in many of the US states.

On topic:

Arent these overly hiked prices due to some import duties? At least thats what we were told when my friend wanted to buy one of the Taurus 24/7 series. The prices were unbelievable.

I think we will all be safer people when everybody is allowed to keep arms(registered with the governemt offcourse).
But imagine the deterrence to criminals when they know that whether its the next house, car or business they try to hit.. they are likely to get shot and killed before the police arrive.

Do want Pakistan to become like the United States? What kind of safety? Last year, i heard this news about 2 men fighting to get the last toy in a rack at Walmart for their kids. it was either in Buffalo or Detroit. LOL They pulled out their guns and fired at each other. Similarly, if every person has a gun, naturally death rates will increase. We should close all the shops down in Pakistan that sell arms.

i recommend you guys watch this documentary by Michael Moore-- " Bowling for Columbine"

My recent purchases:

Russian AK74: PKR 200,000/
Russian AK74U: PKR 180,000/
Bulgarian Krinikov: PKR 450,000/
Glock 26: PKR 290,000/

Wow what you will gonna do this with them .. are you in business of security agency or have real BIG estate to protect ...

I believe ordinary citizens must be allowed to bear arms for their personal defense. In countries like Pakistan where Police response is slow, inadequate, having arms would provide a cushion of security.

However i also believe that the same citizens must be given access to shooting range with professionals so that they actually know how to fire/keep firearms to be safe and in case they use it, there is no collateral damage.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

i am jealous of you guys!
you people can own any kinda guns!

except for the 155mm and 125mm smoothbore(s)

:P

Those prices are scary... I didn't understand until I used an online currency converter. 290,000 Rs = $3,300 U.S. Is that correct? Insanity! Someone, some middle-man, maybe someone in the government, is getting very, very rich based upon these prices, if my conversion is accurate.

That means the Glock is 5X the price in Pakistan as it is in the U.S. With prices like that, there must be a thriving black market in weapons.

The case with Glock is that Austria has banned the export to Pakistan, so in Pakistan it has become a novelty.....i know it is very light gun compared to others like Taurus, and very accurate, it is also the standard side arm issue for Intelligence Agents (ISI) and the Corps headquarters security men.........if the ban is lifted, Glock prices would fall and it will no longer be a novelty.....

Secondly, you are right, getting a license of AK 47 is expensive, as you have to pay a lot of people, usually the arms dealer will charge equivalent of $900 and get you a license, even though Automatic weapons are banned for normal citizens.

The way it works is like this: The ministers are allowed a quota for AK 47 by the government for their ' personal protection' (hence you see these thugs on the roads, riding in SUTs and SUVs with Ak 47s) and the arms dealers and middle-man know these ministers. They pay them and the minister in turn when he meets the prime minister gets the list signed. That way the prime minister himself gets some cash and the middle man and the minister (the guy you are using the AK 47 quota of) also get to keep a share. This is is what i have heard, as my friend recently got a AK 47 license......

AK 47s are in lot of variety and finding an original AK 47 made in Soviet Union/Russia is almost impossible...so you have range of prices for AK-47 in Pakistan....depending on where it was made....from $600 to over $3000 like you said.

Guns made in the Darra Adam region are cheap but un reliable...

Do want Pakistan to become like the United States? What kind of safety? Last year, i heard this news about 2 men fighting to get the last toy in a rack at Walmart for their kids. it was either in Buffalo or Detroit.

This is a silly and very typical canadian/european image of the USA. I've lived here all my 50 years, in cities including Chicago, and many other places. I have never even heard a gunshot fired in crime or anger in my entire life. It happens, yes, but is concentrated very much into extremely poor and drug-ridden urban areas.

The presence of firearms does not mean the violent crime rate goes up. In the so-called "Wild West" era, when men and women all packed heat, the crime rate was lower, and people were much more... polite to each other.

HK USP Tactical i think best replace for glock Rs 325,000. 00 (appx)
attachment.php

This is a silly and very typical canadian/european image of the USA. I've lived here all my 50 years, in cities including Chicago, and many other places. I have never even heard a gunshot fired in crime or anger in my entire life. It happens, yes, but is concentrated very much into extremely poor and drug-ridden urban areas.

The presence of firearms does not mean the violent crime rate goes up. In the so-called "Wild West" era, when men and women all packed heat, the crime rate was lower, and people were much more... polite to each other.

Look at this link:
http://www.guncontrol.ca/English/Home/Facts/moregunsmoredeathsJan2011.pdf

How difficult (or simple) is it to obtain a license for an Automatic firearm in Pakistan? Here in America you must pay a $200 (USD) tax stamp to the government, be approved, fill out paperwork, wait a long time, then pay $4,000 to $80,000 (USD) depending on what registered firearm you want. It also must have been made and registered before 1986. A registered M16 could cost between $14,000 to $25,000.

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 AM ----------

The name of the website is called "Guncontrol.ca". The information is more than likely biased and/or falsified, as is information from many anti-gun organizations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom