What's new

Help with Dell Laptop

I've run diagnostics,no error.
Wait, how did you run diag? From the bios? Or with an external utility?

If you can access the BIOS setup, then there can't be anything seriously wrong. If you have a windows setup file, load it onto a USB flash drive and boot up from it, and reinstall.

If you are lucky, you might even be able to launch startup repair from the USB and solve the issue. That rarely works though, so I wouldn't count on that. Reinstallation might be the best option.

My Dell Inspiron series laptop won't go past the Dell logo.it keeps flashing the dell logo. Can anyone help me? OS is Win7 Ultimate.

Probably Windows or RAM has gone bad. Reboot using installation CD & re-install windows.

Open BIOS (keep pressing "ecs" as it restarts)
Change BOOT preference to CD first (rather than Hard Drive).
Restart.
It should ask if you want to reboot from CD or from HD.
Select CD.
Then follow instructions for re-installation(preferably) or repair.

If RAM has gone bad then you need new RAM.

Last edited:
Probably Windows or RAM has gone bad. Reboot using installation CD & re-install windows.
Wait, how did you run diag? From the bios? Or with an external utility?

If you can access the BIOS setup, then there can't be anything seriously wrong. If you have a windows setup file, load it onto a USB flash drive and boot up from it, and reinstall.

If you are lucky, you might even be able to launch startup repair from the USB and solve the issue. That rarely works though, so I wouldn't count on that. Reinstallation might be the best option.

Open BIOS (keep pressing "ecs" as it restarts)
Change BOOT preference to CD first (rather than Hard Drive).
Restart.
It should ask if you want to reboot from CD or from HD.
Select CD.
Then follow instructions for re-installation(preferably) or repair.

If RAM has gone bad then you need new RAM.
Did you try to go into the "secure mode"? You must press the F8 button when the Bios loads. Then go in secure mode. The laptop then starts on a very basic mode. That way you can safe the system and set it back to an earlier point
Call customer care!
Can you get into the bios setup? If you keep tapping F12, it may take you to a boot selection menu, which will also have an option to enter setup. From there you could see if RAM or hard drive have failed.

Restore windows using recovery disk if you have them that might work.

I am posting this from my fixed laptop!

I ran through the diagnostics from BIOS several times and it all turned to be successful,however if a charger isn't connected,it returned a couple of errors.

But when upon booting from the safe mode (I guess) it returned a error "Internal HDD not found'.I tried taking the HDD out myself,but for my model,its placed well inside and I didn't wanted to take the keyboard out myself.

I called Dell the next day,and they made me do everything I've done already done. They confirmed it was a HDD error and the drive needs replacement,they told me they'll send a techie to my home,consultation alone Rs 1365/- and replacement of HDD Rs 7000/-.

Next day I took it to a friend and local techie,who took the HDD and connected to a PC where it worked fine!But when connected to my laptop,it won't work.Recovery from USB and CD that I and my friend tried didn't work.So he reinstalled Windows for me and Voila!

I want to thank all of you guys for your support and help!

Did you install a new windows?

Same happens with me. I installed a new windows 7. Some problem occurred maybe.

The HP screen comes...I press escape, got to boot menu, press F11 for network repair and then the PC starts, otherwise it just runs in a loop.

Back
Top Bottom