What's new

Help with Dell Laptop

acetophenol

Reaction score
Country
India
My Dell Inspiron series laptop won't go past the Dell logo.it keeps flashing the dell logo. Can anyone help me? OS is Win7 Ultimate.

Did you try to go into the "secure mode"? You must press the F8 button when the Bios loads. Then go in secure mode. The laptop then starts on a very basic mode. That way you can safe the system and set it back to an earlier point

My Dell Inspiron series laptop won't go past the Dell logo.it keeps flashing the dell logo. Can anyone help me? OS is Win7 Ultimate.
are u hearing any sound coming from ur system...many time when something fails or burns motherboard play a distinct signal sounds beeps...in numbers ...

Did you try to go into the "secure mode"? You must press the F8 button when the Bios loads. Then go in secure mode. The laptop then starts on a very basic mode. That way you can safe the system and set it back to an earlier point
f8 doesnt work ji.

are u hearing any sound coming from ur system...many time when something fails or burns motherboard play a distinct signal sounds beeps...in numbers ...
no beeps ji

Call customer care!
out of warranty,they wnt pick up at this time

You need to keep constantly tapping f8 when you pc boots, the window is very small. dont just try once at the start screen, you'll mostly miss that timing window.

yep, its only few seconds. Try it. If this fails then ... well i don´t know. Then something serious is broken. :/

Unplug the laptop , remove the battery and make sure there is no power source connected, and then hold down the power button for 10 seconds to discharge the static . Reconnect everything and turn it back on and check if that works ....

Unplug the laptop , remove the battery and make sure there is no power source connected, and then hold down the power button for 10 seconds to discharge the static . Reconnect everything and turn it back on and check if that works ....
done that,didn't work:[

Can you get into the bios setup? If you keep tapping F12, it may take you to a boot selection menu, which will also have an option to enter setup. From there you could see if RAM or hard drive have failed.

Can you get into the bios setup? If you keep tapping F12, it may take you to a boot selection menu, which will also have an option to enter setup. From there you could see if RAM or hard drive have failed.
I've run diagnostics,no error.

Back
Top Bottom