What's new

Help to procure books published in Pakistan

Hello @Joe Shearer i hope you are enjoying best of your health.

You may ask someone in Pakistan to deliver books to someone who is visiting Kartarpur Sahib.
That is a possibility, but I know only one end. Nevertheless, I shall keep this in mind, and thank you for the hint.

Sir, this book was bought by the army and then have been kept in the store rooms since as it was against the Pakistani narrative of its victory in 65. You might not get it now. I did see ut in father's unit office cabinet in Rawalpindi a couple of years ago but unfortunately i was a bit young to read it fully. Instead i read 2 or 3 other books that were also present there. Quite bulky though. I bow resent my decision but i was only in 9th class then. Still, itbwas a very detailed book with maps and ORBATS etc.
Instead I would recommend you to read:
-Tragedy of Errors, East Pakistan Crisis- Lt Gen Kamal Matinuddin
-Crossed Swords: Pakistan, Its Army, and the Wars Within- Shuja Nawaz

Thank you so much.

My friend Raza Habib Raja had actually sent me (and several others in our group) a PDF of the Shuja Nawaz book, and I think it is time I read it. That will be as soon as I have finished 2 out of the 17 books on my not-read list, India Wins Freedom by Azad and Gandhi and Churchill by Arthur Herman. Both are gripping books, so I hope to finish both soon.

I must find out how to get the book by General Matinuddin.

Or ....

Talk to me

I once thought of starting a business with a Pakistani on PDF.

Exporting leather motorcycling gear.

A lot of the big brands like Alpinestars get their stuff made and labelled in Pakistan. Good quality hides.

Pakistan hide quality is excellent and so is that of Bangladesh (especially for goat).

There are reputed companies in Bangladesh that (I know) supply to top tier Italian shoe producers.

Apex Tannery in Bangladesh is one such outfit, they used to supply hides regularly to Zegna (I spoke to the owner). Don't know if they still do. That should tell you something. Zegna shoes are priced around $7000 or so (couture ones).

They also make their own shoes and make regular priced shoes for local market and have largely replaced Bata as a brand.

Thank you so much.

My friend Raza Habib Raja had actually sent me (and several others in our group) a PDF of the Shuja Nawaz book, and I think it is time I read it. That will be as soon as I have finished 2 out of the 17 books on my not-read list, India Wins Freedom by Azad and Gandhi and Churchill by Arthur Herman. Both are gripping books, so I hope to finish both soon.

I must find out how to get the book by General Matinuddin.
No problem at all sir, that's the least I can do

Back
Top Bottom