What's new

Help me (SUICIDAL)

1620373293429.png
1620373293429.png

1620373515572.png
1620373293429.png
1620373515572.png

From couple of weeks i am having suicidal thoughts. Only thing which is holding me back is my 4 year old son. I don't think it will hold me any longer.

Today it got worst.
I just want my suffering to end.
Mate it takes real guts to ask for help with such thoughts, use the same gutsy temperament and fight against these urges. You have added incentive to live life for your son. Trust me, bad times come and go, if you hear what I have been through you would ask how am I alive - just never give up. Even if you feel like giving up - hold what you love (your son) close to you.

Keep this in mind friend - time heals everything.

Write down your feelings in your diary, vent it out man and then seek professional help. Wishing you peace of mind and strength.

From couple of weeks i am having suicidal thoughts. Only thing which is holding me back is my 4 year old son. I don't think it will hold me any longer.

Today it got worst.

May Allah protect u and bless u .. u can talk to me. or i can call u.

My aunt and my bestie both died due to accident, i used to share everything with them. My friend died in bike accident this month.

Bad relationship and then I lost my soul friend in bike accident. He just got engaged.

I am sure must be really hard for you. Anyone in your position must feel the same.

Our mind is really good in making stories but unfortunatley most of them are negative. Our lives seem meaningless and we don't want to listen to any reason or logic.

As a short term solution, I would suggest to immediately seek medical help. There are many good psychologists/psychiatrists in Pakistan. If you want I can recommend one.
Most cases of clinical depression can be cured by using antidepression or antianxiety drugs.

Long term solution and through which you can gradually taper off these drugs include,

1- Healthy lifestyle. Regular exercise and a balanced diet. One of the most trivial reasons of depression is insufficient vitamin D. Get your vitamin D levels checked.

2- Practice spirituality. For a Muslim this would mean offering the prayers regularly and try to make a connection with Allah Rab-ul-Izzat. Meaning He is there for you no matter. Also recitation of "Sur-e-Duha" is beneficial. You can check the background of its revelation.

3- Practice empathy. Many doctors will recommend to their patients with acute depression to spend some time in an orphanage. This will build the lost sense of lost pride.

Lastly brother, Rab Tal'a says in the Holy Quran that He shifts the days between you. If you have experienced good days, you have to go through bad times as well. And if good days didn't last neither will the bad days be.

JazakAllah

Today it got worst.
I don't know what is the situation you are in.i can guess the situation is overwhelming for you.But the situations keep changing in life.you have your son which is your greatest strength don't give up on him.

I can help if you could let me know how to contact you.i can call you.

Today it got worst.
Itna jaldbaazi aur besabri kiya hay ? Jab waqt likha ho ga tab chalay jana. Pata nai Rab ne abhi tum se kiya kiya kaam lenay hain. Apna time poora karo iss duniya mein.

Today it got worst.
One question. Is it about financial issues?

1 - People who are gone, can't come back. All of us have to live with this fact. One day we will be gone too. So you want that your son also thinks like that when you are no more?

2 - When people lose close friends, relatives, the best person for them is their spouses to share the grief. If a spouse adds to the problems, or become part of the problems, then it's better to end the relationship and startover. There are many beautiful people out there. Divorce is halal, and suicide is haraam. If you are a believer, please know that after suicide, you will not be able to meet your loved ones ever in your afterlife. No chance!

Be a man, take charge of your situation rather than situation taking charge of you, meet people who are in a lot of difficult situation than yourself by visiting places such as edhi home, it will make you thankful for what you have been granted with by Allah.

Start a lot of cardio excercise from today... Test yourself to the limit. Increase your limit every few days.

Exercise. Or drive to the northern areas and just enjoy the cold weather and mountains (take your wife and son with you if your relationship allows it). Staying at home during a pandemic can get depressing and frustrating for all parties involved. Think about your son, he loves you and needs you. He would be devastated if his father ended his own life and disappeared forever.

All of us go through difficult times, whether it be individually or as a nation. Eventually, all of us will die or witness nearly everyone we know die. It is a universal hardship. Personally, whenever I witnessed a close friend or relative die, I noticed that no matter how sad I was the world still moved on as if nothing happened. Soon, I would have to move on like this as well, whether it be in a day, week, or month.

In 1971 people lost all hope when East Pakistan broke off. Their businesses and the national morale went to shit and everyone thought this is the end of Pakistan. In 2007-2014 people thought this is the end of Pakistan, we will collapse and become like Iraq or Afghanistan. Yet here we are stronger than ever.

Remember,

1620374145474.png

My friends father committed suicide when we were younger. Maybe like 8-9 year olds. It's sad see him grow up without his father, we never talk about it but if a passing reference I see it written on his face his heart sinks. His mum struggled to give them a good life to this day.

Today it got worst.
Please be strong. All tough situations in life pass. If this is a clinical issue get meds to help. But please don’t take any action. It will leave a road of ruin for your loved ones. Remember you are loved by many, certainly by your brothers and sister in this forum. May Allah give you Shifah.

Push your anger out, like of you do any physical sports do it, punch a bag.

Cry I have found that crying helps drain the pressure and best of all pray namaz and recite Darood and Salam.

Today it got worst.
Bro,
Two things my mother told me repeatedly before she passed away which have kept me going through all situations that this world have thrown at me. I am going to share what my mother said

1) No one will treat a child as his own until it is own blood.
2) Try to find only one(1) thing that you love in a person/place/thing/situation etc... though it has 1000 things that you do not love. This will keep you loving and enjoying for rest of your life.

My brother these thoughts and moments of weakness don’t define you. Please seek medical health by going to a hospital. I know everyone is scared of Covid but this is an illness that - with the qadr of Allah - you will get through. All humans feel this way sometimes but it will pass. Please please seek medical help immediately. Love you for the sake of Allah.

Back
Top Bottom