What's new

Help me a little regarding depression...

Don't deflect by eating out / binge eating. Engage your issues head on. What does not kill you, only makes you stronger. If you cannot solve your problems, solve someone else's, your problem will sort themselves out.

Besides, Eat to live, not Live to Eat.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I can be of assistance to anyone, do let me know. You can post on this thread, or ask me for a PM.

Best Regards.

@tps77 @Mentee @Doordie @war&peace Please note as well.

Before marriage, if you die, you die once. After marriage, you die daily :p:
I was depressed once in my life and my trait was to isolate myself from the rest of the world and stop communicating with friends and family and I virtually stopped eating... but reading through holy Quran and remembering Allah (dhikar) healed me from inside slowly and I found a true friend in Him.

:offtopic:
( I hope this post of mine does not get deleted by someone as I mentioned the word "Allah" in it as one of my threads was not so lucky :(:undecided:)..It is such a "taboo" word to mention that on a forum that operates on domain of Islamic Republic of Pakistan and uses Pakistan's name in it :(
Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 08.50.53.png

back to the topic,
Listening to other people's problems and genuinely trying to solve them not only provides us with a natural catharsis but also lets us become grateful, more empathetic and opens up our mind to think more positively and objectively to solve our own problems too.

@SherDil the blue highlighted part for you :rofl:

@tps77 @Mentee @Doordie @war&peace Please note as well.

Last edited:
Hello..I am 24 years old. I have been suffering from depression/negative feelings/thoughts for quite long...I m so stressed now a days due to genuine feelings and vice versa. I feel my depression has started impacting on my body...I also feel little unusual in my heart whenever I am getting depressed/Tense, little pain also occurs in heart, may be because as my mind gets tense, it also negatively affects heart.

I gets tense too early and start worrying (feeling hopelessness) even on little issues...But now I think this problem is jeopardizing my health...

I need some tips/therapy/suggestions from you guys..How can I get rid of depression forever.

@Doordie @The Sandman @Zibago and all others

Thank you...

you are suffering from hyper tension, you should see a cardiologist before too much damage is done.

I think some serious exercise is needed.

Change of clothes. Wardrobe revamp. Style change.

Personally I prefer non brain involving casual one night stands in times of stress, anxiety or dark moods.

You need to put yourself out there in the right places.

Girls are like money. Like money attracts money .... you get the point.

I feel my depression has started impacting on my body...I also feel little unusual in my heart whenever I am getting depressed/Tense, little pain also occurs in heart, may be because as my mind gets tense, it also negatively affects heart.

Same here , but now situation is under control . Was Suffering from the very same symptoms you mentioned, the first time I joined pdf--------- all coz of The amount of negativity here would simply drive you crazy . Then I took a break from reading every other thread and engaging any troll posters . you need to switch your Wi-Fi off for a good one month , develop a habit of reciting Durrood Pak as much as you could.

daily, run for a mile early in the morning , or whenever you feel stressed out , go to the nearest jogging track and run milkha run . All your frustration and negativity would simmer down , guarantee you .

P.s no use of treadmill .

:o:

:no:

:P

Ya Allah @Khafee teen BB or Da rozze BB Shereen or Basanti tek woe 4 bar :suicide2:
:lol:

@tps77 @Mentee or @war&peace tu Teens hai @sherdile Apna level mai hai :enjoy:
Die with honor , live with dignity . :P

Same here , but now situation is under control . Was Suffering from the very same symptoms you mentioned, the first time I joined pdf--------- all coz of The amount of negativity here would simply drive you crazy . Then I took a break from reading every other thread and engaging any troll posters . you need to switch your Wi-Fi off for a good one month , develop a habit of reciting Durrood Pak as much as you could.

daily, run for a mile early in the morning , or whenever you feel stressed out , go to the nearest jogging track and run milkha run . All your frustration and negativity would simmer down , guarantee you .

P.s no use of treadmill .

Die with honor , live with dignity . :P
he is absolutely spot on. i have started jogging nearly 8 miles in the park during evening and it is a real stress buster
i have been doing this for the past 5 month and now i have started enjoying it

Don't deflect by eating out / binge eating. Engage your issues head on. What does not kill you, only makes you stronger. If you cannot solve your problems, solve someone else's, your problem will sort themselves out.

Besides, Eat to live, not Live to Eat.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I can be of assistance to anyone, do let me know. You can post on this thread, or ask me for a PM.

Best Regards.

ok sir will ask definitely whenever required

Give the internet a break. The negativity can be a drag.

I take Trileptal to help manage depression myself. I only take it as needed, when I can feel myself becoming more negative in my outlook and thoughts, but when I'm not feeling well I try to exercise more or go shopping or binge watch Netflix if I don't feel like doing anything outside my house, but I try to do something I enjoy to get my mind off of all the negativity. Petting my cat is equally therapeutic. My parents bought him for me two years ago to help me manage stress by developing a familiar routine.

woo0902.jpg

The Internet exacerbates the problem for me and it might for you as well. Trying giving yourself a few days each week that you don't spend time on the internet. It very well could help.

Give the internet a break. The negativity can be a drag.

I take Trileptal to help manage depression myself. I only take it as needed, when I can feel myself becoming more negative in my outlook and thoughts, but when I'm not feeling well I try to exercise more or go shopping or binge watch Netflix if I don't feel like doing anything outside my house, but I try to do something I enjoy to get my mind off of all the negativity. Petting my cat is equally therapeutic. My parents bought him for me two years ago to help me manage stress by developing a familiar routine.

woo0902.jpg

The Internet exacerbates the problem for me and it might for you as well. Trying giving yourself a few days each week that you don't spend time on the internet. It very well could help.

I have tagged you here as well...if you don't mind helping me out...

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/help-regarding-presentation-slides.486663/page-2#post-9341883

I went through a serious bout of depression back in 2004-2005. Considered suicide even.

All I can recommend is to look after your health by exercising and to practice mindfulness by watching out for negativity. In time you will be able to catch yourself before succumbing to negativity.

Be vigilant and guard against your dark side. No one can hurt you more than your own mind and thoughts unguarded.

24 year old & depressed !

What's the world coming to ? The world is at your feet , go out play games ..squash is popular in your country. Sweat it out & stop feeling sorry for yourself.

It's common for symptoms to develop around age 18-24, especially for Western students. Many of them struggle with mental disorders or at least phases they are stuck in. I agree the better belief it is not an imbalance or disorder for most people, rather way of thinking + lifestyle. Which most of the time it's hard to catch how your way of thinking developed and how it is affecting you. Of course in the east it is probably more taboo to speak of, so I'm sure there are more with such feelings that don't want to be seen as weak or a shame to the family.

I agree with one Chinese poster stated, think less and do more. You need to be more busy and distract yourself with life. Try to stop taking on heavy topics like philosophy or politics, it will cause you much stress and anxiety. Try to just focus on enjoying life, and don't become more religious or seek God more, that is not gonna help. You likely are person who has deeper thoughts than average person, and you will not ever feel at peace(philosophically or religiously). I know I am never at peace when it comes to philosophy and what I should believe is real or how I should live. So I just focus on other things in regards to hobbies/career/outlook on life.

Other than that, biggest problem with people who become in depressed state temporarily is they feel they don't have purpose to live for. If you get a GF or married or have a family or friends you look forward to and want to serve, that will help you the most.

Back
Top Bottom