What's new

Help me a little regarding depression...

Hello..I am 24 years old. I have been suffering from depression/negative feelings/thoughts for quite long...I m so stressed now a days due to genuine feelings and vice versa. I feel my depression has started impacting on my body...I also feel little unusual in my heart whenever I am getting depressed/Tense, little pain also occurs in heart, may be because as my mind gets tense, it also negatively affects heart.

I gets tense too early and start worrying (feeling hopelessness) even on little issues...But now I think this problem is jeopardizing my health...

I need some tips/therapy/suggestions from you guys..How can I get rid of depression forever.

@Doordie @The Sandman @Zibago and all others

Thank you...

Few things mate. It’s more of bro science than anything else but it does not involve any drugs. Worth a try, and hope it helps.

- Weight/strength training especially dead lifts and squats, these two tricks the nervous system as all muscle groups are working at same time. These forces the body to produce more HGH and Testosterone which will makes you a little aggressive/confident and you’ll generally feel good about your body. To have the best effects, only use free weights with no belt. 5*5 strength training program would be good start.

- Vitamin D, get it checked and even normal, start taking vitamin D supplements. Our body produces it but these days we don't get into sun that often so supplements will do the job. Vitamin D regulates the immune system, it is likely that you are low serotonin person, and hopefully Vitamin D will regulate your immune system better. It also boosts testosterone production.

- Also get the Zinc levels tested in your blood, very important for overall heath also.

- Get a girlfriend if you don't have one. Mate, you do so many stupid things when you have female in your life. Bloody walking is shopping centres for no reason will tire or make you so angry that you won't have the need to feel down :)

I'm big believer that everything starts from gut, look after yourself and eat healthy. All the best.

Hey django. Appreciate your kind words.

Indeed the thing with stress is, once your body is used to producing cortisol, indeed your brain is then inclined to remain wired that way and a constant 'stream' of cortisol is no uncertain terms, a ruthless killer. In short, once you're suffering from depression and your body is in overdrive in producing those nasty harmful chemicals, it needs re-wiring, otherwise it's a slippery slope from there on out. Conversely, acknowledging a problem is the first step in the road to recovery. I think everyone will go through a phase of depression/anxiety (albeit mild or severe) at some point in time. In my view, 75% of life is sadness and 25% constitutes happiness. We aren't meant to be 'happy bunnies', until and unless we develop a healthy relation with our creator, understand our purpose and avoid a soul- breaking lifestyle.
A certain amount of stress can indeed be good for us, for it brings out the best in us, if we were constantly in the "happy bunnies" phase then their would be no need for innovation or progress, the problem arises when our bodies disturb the balance ( in this hectic day and age one should not be the least bit surprised) and as you rightly pointed out, as soon as the symptoms start emerging one should IMMEDIATELY seek professional advice,,,,,, your latter comments stood out profoundly, if one has no aim or purpose in life he/she is pretty much doomed as depression can be best summed up as having the belief that their is NO possibility for a positive future, we should reaffirm our beliefs in our creator and try to make adjustments to our future goals, make them achievable, only then can we see some light at the end of the tunnel, of course the journey has to be supplemented with exercises and a conducive diet to create the necessary physical well being to achieve our goals.Kudos friend

24 year old & depressed !

What's the world coming to ? The world is at your feet , go out play games ..squash is popular in your country. Sweat it out & stop feeling sorry for yourself.

Well am not depressed though, I don't get much sleep. heavy work load... damn... it's 06 10 yet.. I didn't sleep...

Hello..I am 24 years old. I have been suffering from depression/negative feelings/thoughts for quite long...I m so stressed now a days due to genuine feelings and vice versa. I feel my depression has started impacting on my body...I also feel little unusual in my heart whenever I am getting depressed/Tense, little pain also occurs in heart, may be because as my mind gets tense, it also negatively affects heart.

I gets tense too early and start worrying (feeling hopelessness) even on little issues...But now I think this problem is jeopardizing my health...

I need some tips/therapy/suggestions from you guys..How can I get rid of depression forever.

Thank you...

Marry some girl soon... You Will feel your probs are nothing..

A certain amount of stress can indeed be good for us, for it brings out the best in us, if we were constantly in the "happy bunnies" phase then their would be no need for innovation or progress, the problem arises when our bodies disturb the balance ( in this hectic day and age one should not be the least bit surprised) and as you rightly pointed out, as soon as the symptoms start emerging one should IMMEDIATELY seek professional advice,,,,,, your latter comments stood out profoundly, if one has no aim or purpose in life he/she is pretty much doomed as depression can be best summed up as having the belief that their is NO possibility for a positive future, we should reaffirm our beliefs in our creator and try to make adjustments to our future goals, make them achievable, only then can we see some light at the end of the tunnel, of course the journey has to be supplemented with exercises and a conducive diet to create the necessary physical well being to achieve our goals.Kudos friend

Agreed. I second that, depression breeds/paves the way (if unchallenged) for perpetual contempt and disdain. In our daily lives, one can never, (as you rightly pointed out) completely eradicate the bane of stress and it's onslaughts, but being able to limit it's detrimental outbursts, the extent of it, is perhaps something we should look to contain and for good reason. In my view; happiness is the harmony between mind, body and soul. In other words peaking mentally, spiritually, emotionally and physically. Appreciate your contribution hermano.

i can relate myself with this shit man.

9 years since i completed my board and i still get nightmares that i failed in maths exam :D:D:D

and you know failing in board exams is big. . .biiiigggg deal for North indian parents :P :P :P
yar same hal mera hay mujhay ajj tag second year (12 th grade) kay physics chemistry or math kay paper fail honey kay khawab atey hain.jab kay in ko pass kaye mughay 7 saal ho gaye hain.

Thank you...

This is a tough one. I will not pretend like I know a solution and I would hasten to say that nor does anyone else on this forum. I would caution against seeking advice on social media platforms.

I have read many of your posts. And by and large I have found them to be very well balanced and positive. Meaning, you have good head on your shoulders and the probability of you finding your way to inner Peace is even greater.

If I were to make a recommendation, it would be that you seek refuge in those close to you (family, relative, or a trusted friend in your life). They will probably give you a honest advice . Seek professional/medical advice (but make sure you get multiple opinions) and be cautious of falling for the medication trap.

Remember: depression is nothing to be embarrassed about, it is real, it impacts many of us, it's a growing modern phenomenon, and it takes strength to overcome.

Salam.

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking, what is causing you your stress? There's not much someone online may offer about dealing with the root of your stress, even less if we don't know what it is.

I also found out myself that I am used to of worrying regarding everything in beginning but later on in the end - I did well...

Then question arises if I m capable of having good finish, why I start worrying in beginning? Lack of confidence or too much fear?

I m dealing with known/unknown fear which I think may become reality in near future...

Its just negativity that has possessed my mind in a way that not only pisses me off but also consumes my most of strength.

As you guys are recommending, I think I know what to do...

Thank you all, once again. :)

Thank you...
I feel you are also having anxiety regarding something.
Depression is a normal thing for all. If it's staying for long then you need some medical attention

Thank you...
look mate i know what are you going through i still am going through same thing and i have read enough of your post to have rough idea about your mind set it is same as mine you are too sensitive and think that you have the responsibility to right every wrong in this world. don't do that to yourself it is the collective responsibility of 7 billion people not yours alone.
second thing i think you are spending too much time on the screen same thing was the reason for my depression get rid of every electronic you have for few day even ask your brother or sister to password protect it and keep it a secret from you.
third never ever compare your life with others everyone's life has its own pace obama was the president at 47 and ended his term at 55 but look at the trumps age it is 70 now and he was around 55 when he started his struggle the age when obama retired. so mate all fingers aren't same and don't worry you will get there eventually.
last thing you need to do is to get out more with your friend and talk with them when ever you can. and if you need to talk about anything be it your deepest regret or some traumatizing event that you can't or don't want to share with them just know that i will be glad to help some one in your condition because when i was in this situation i had almost no help and in know how it feels like.

look mate i know what are you going through i still am going through same thing and i have read enough of your post to have rough idea about your mind set it is same as mine you are too sensitive and think that you have the responsibility to right every wrong in this world. don't do that to yourself it is the collective responsibility of 7 billion people not yours alone.
second thing i think you are spending too much time on the screen same thing was the reason for my depression get rid of every electronic you have for few day even ask your brother or sister to password protect it and keep it a secret from you.
third never ever compare your life with others everyone's life has its own pace obama was the president at 47 and ended his term at 55 but look at the trumps age it is 70 now and he was around 55 when he started his struggle the age when obama retired. so mate all fingers aren't same and don't worry you will get there eventually.
last thing you need to do is to get out more with your friend and talk with them when ever you can. and if you need to talk about anything be it your deepest regret or some traumatizing event that you can't or don't want to share with them just know that i will be glad to help some one in your condition because when i was in this situation i had almost no help and in know how it feels like.

:tup: :)

@Khafee

That is why I have stated---if you are strong enough---then you can let the world know about your problems and face the storm and nothing will happen to you---nut for many---the demons are very cruel.

One of my aunts had depression---it stayed untreated---she did not want treatment---destroyed a part of my extended family---.

Dear Marry a pious women soon as possible and inshallah she Wil change your luck. Don't be afraid of the world future be afraid of after life because either it will so good that you never imagined or so bad that you never imagined

Hi,

My man " pious woman "---damn---you mean to say get laid---. That does help though---.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom