What's new

Help me a little regarding depression...

Hello..I am 24 years old. I have been suffering from depression/negative feelings/thoughts for quite long...I m so stressed now a days due to genuine feelings and vice versa. I feel my depression has started impacting on my body...I also feel little unusual in my heart whenever I am getting depressed/Tense, little pain also occurs in heart, may be because as my mind gets tense, it also negatively affects heart.

I gets tense too early and start worrying (feeling hopelessness) even on little issues...But now I think this problem is jeopardizing my health...

I need some tips/therapy/suggestions from you guys..How can I get rid of depression forever.

@Doordie @The Sandman @Zibago and all others

Thank you...

Bhai tu agar border par kar ke a sakta hai to ......Chal Daru Pite hain....

what is it about ?

studies ? career ? girlfriend ?

at 24 you can change anything u want.

stay strong.:tup:

Career, low self esteem, nervousness. I think about it every time...Yes, I know I get tense early but eventually I get my shit together...Once I was getting so tense before presentation, constantly thinking about it but when I came on dice, I did it well...But I always wonder why I get tense/worry about everything so quickly..

I didn't opt for girlfriend in the past due to my studies as in my opinion, your attention can get diverted from study due to this...I m vulnerable to this one but as my graduation about to complete in next two months (God willing)...I m go for one...not even local but probably foreign one...haha

Think about the happy moments of life and help other people. It's shown in research that if you help other people even a little it help to increase ones happiness quotient.
Block out the negative thoughts and logout of Facebook.
Facebook is a major cause of depression throughout the world. People always post their happy smiling face on Facebook, so we think that everyone is have a blast except me.

I didn't consider this one b4...Thanks

Small brother for a while stop watching Tv first as it is fill with negativity and gives you no hope. Turn your face to Allah and cry to him and ask him to heal you from inside. And try to participate in positive activities.

May Allah bless you and your family members with health wealth and happiness AMEEN
@PaklovesTurkiye

Lot of love and Respect from Karachi...

Bhai tu agar border par kar ke a sakta hai to ......Chal Daru Pite hain....

hahahaha...Border pe aounga daru k sath kabootar le k...masla to nh hai na koi? Daru to door ki baat main to soft drink b chorne ka soch rha hun...

Your IP address.

Great. Will send you email in 30 min.

13707768_10154407375504802_3144287595848494531_n.png

@PaklovesTurkiye , I been told that I suffered from PTSD and whatnot, I never liked drugs so medications were never factored in but I did self medicate with a lil bit of drinking. Drinking and working out. I quit drinking for the most part because I am on call most of my days so working out is what is left. But then again I don't like civilians so I go at 2 AM to workout. Join the Army in your country, you won't have time to think about depression.

Hello..I am 24 years old. I have been suffering from depression/negative feelings/thoughts for quite long...I m so stressed now a days due to genuine feelings and vice versa. I feel my depression has started impacting on my body...I also feel little unusual in my heart whenever I am getting depressed/Tense, little pain also occurs in heart, may be because as my mind gets tense, it also negatively affects heart.

I gets tense too early and start worrying (feeling hopelessness) even on little issues...But now I think this problem is jeopardizing my health...

I need some tips/therapy/suggestions from you guys..How can I get rid of depression forever.

Thank you...
Bro MashAllah you're too young to get depressed you've a whole life infront of you first thing you need to do is sleep enough spend more time with your family when ever you get bad thoughts divert your mind play video games (yes they can be really good for killing depression) excersice, watch movies spend time with your friends read Quran that will definitely help you a lot all the best bro remember before making any decision always think about those who love you care about you and we're always here to help you buddy. :cheers:

1.Prayers
2.Exercise (Swiming or long distance walk)
3.Strong Supportive Relationship
4.Eat Well
5.Mini Vacation ( Get out from town )
I'm Sure the first one help you lot, regular prayers ( Namaz ) and Duaa specially in sawajid, Try to read Quran after Fajar pray with translation. May Allah bless you give you a quick recovery Ameen.

Don't go off the tracks imean GF or drinking. These things feels right in starting but nothing but regret. You are a Muslim don't encourage yourself.

Dear Marry a pious women soon as possible and inshallah she Wil change your luck. Don't be afraid of the world future be afraid of after life because either it will so good that you never imagined or so bad that you never imagined

Thank you...
Bro start of your day with a good 10 min stretch, listen to this, very calming indeed.
Bro eat a lot of fish which contains omega 3 (2 -3 portion per week), get a good multi-vitamin and try a spoon of organic coconut oil daily, avoid pepsi/coke etc and sugary foods, eat a lot of sabzi etc,,,,,,,try some weight training with lots of reps and squats which will ensure endorphins are released etc, go learn something new ie coding, a new language, painting etc and InshaAllah you will start to feel better,,,as for feeling tense this is a exercise somebody suggested, it is quite refreshing I must say.Kudos bro and I know you will beat this.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ressure-positive-force-boosts-creativity.html

@Zibago @The Sandman @Moonlight @Hell hound

Career, low self esteem, nervousness. I think about it every time...Yes, I know I get tense early but eventually I get my shit together...Once I was getting so tense before presentation, constantly thinking about it but when I came on dice, I did it well...But I always wonder why I get tense/worry about everything so quickly..

I didn't opt for girlfriend in the past due to my studies as in my opinion, your attention can get diverted from study due to this...I m vulnerable to this one but as my graduation about to complete in next two months (God willing)...I m go for one...not even local but probably foreign one...haha

i can relate myself with this shit man.

9 years since i completed my board and i still get nightmares that i failed in maths exam :D:D:D

and you know failing in board exams is big. . .biiiigggg deal for North indian parents :P :P :P

maa baap khud se jyada society ke nam ka tana marte hain haha

but when i get up i realize that things arent that gloomy and i still have choice to change things the way i like.

you may start a little late but ultimately u 'll reach there. :enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

Way too young to marry, I would wait til you are 30 at least. Regular workout and keep busy. Not sure about prayers but I guess it can't hurt though I am not so much religious, I do go to church once in a few weeks ( kind of forced to by my dad). However I can say that I have seen people who really believe, they seem at peace with life.

Kabootat tu le a... botal aur masala main e ata hoon... dono mil ke kabootar ko roast kar ke cheers bolainge.

Hope you didn't get offend with kabootar thing...I just said it on funnier note, didn't mean to offend you or Indians...

Thanks for your input...

Bro MashAllah you're too young to get depressed you've a whole life infront of you first thing you need to do is sleep enough spend more time with your family when ever you get bad thoughts divert your mind play video games (yes they can be really good for killing depression) excersice, watch movies spend time with your friends read Quran that will definitely help you a lot all the best bro remember before making any decision always think about those who love you care about you and we're always here to help you buddy. :cheers:

I m humbled...Thanks jani...

Thank you...
Extreme stress cause people to depressed. knowing the reason for being depressed is very important, you can;t force yourself to be happy but you can solve the problems that make you depressed

@PaklovesTurkiye looks like you got some good advice and pretty much everything is covered.

So depression is part a mental issue and part a physical issue.

1) start excercising, this is really important and WILL turn it around for you. Do strength training and cardio. You don't need gym membership. Check out body building videos. There are plenty of body weight excercises you can start off with
2) change your diet. Avoid grains, sugar and polyunsaturated oils. This is hard to do in South Asia because our diets are practically all grains and oils which is why we have so much depression. But meals mostly with proteins(meat, fish, eggs) and vegetables and using coconut oil, butter or ghee as fat will be anti inflammatory and help with depression.
3) take small steps to build up your self esteem. So you did a great presentation , be really proud of it. You studied hard, be proud of it, so many people don't do that. Half the people who go around bragging full time can't do anything in real life. Helping others without any expectation of reward also increases your self esteem. Learning something new and becoming good at it will increase your self esteem. A good therapist can teach you different ways to approach this.
4) mindfulness mediation and deep breathing excercise can help to make you less nervous. Prayer also works. But really what helps most is when you realize you are as good as anyone else and that will come slowly , don't be too hard on yourself.

Back
Top Bottom