What's new

Hello Eveyone!

Invicta

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been an avid reader of various threads on the forum for years. I thought it was about time I should join and contribute and be part of this community as well.
To answer the questions and give some insight

1) Tell your interests?
Aviation/Naval affairs and systems/subsystems being an engineer myself I am always intrigued by defense systems. Also I love movies and you will probably find me in the cinema over the weekend.

2) How did you find us?
Google

3) What interests you here?
There are some users who have a lot of knowledge and insight, I want to ask them questions for my own learning when the opportunity arises.

4) What is your profession?
Mechanical Engineer

5) Your nationality and/or origin?
British

6) City you are posting from?
London.

Welcome, please introduce yourself and avoid personal details (that can be used to identify you) and, please, read the rules and regulations.

Happy foruming!

Welcome, please introduce yourself and avoid personal details (that can be used to identify you) and, please, read the rules and regulations.

Happy foruming!

Hey jaibi,

Do I need to open another thread in the members introduction section for introduction?

Regards,
Invicta

I have been an avid reader of various threads on the forum for years. I thought it was about time I should join and contribute and be part of this community as well.

1) Tell your interests?
Aviation/Naval affairs and systems/subsystems being an engineer myself I am always intrigued by defense systems. Also I love movies and you will probably find me in the cinema over the weekend.

2) How did you find us?
Google

There are some users who have a lot of knowledge and insight, I want to ask them questions for my own learning when the opportunity arises.

Mechanical Engineer

British

London.

Hey jaibi,

Do I need to open another thread in the members introduction section for introduction?

Regards,
Invicta
Your wish, bro, depends on if you want this info to be there or not such as your location etc.

ahhhhh MI6... good going... you must be new recruit who convinced his bosses .. " Yes, I know modern tools and I can give you their biodata"... " just give a chance to prove it" :p: :rofl::rofl:

1) Tell your interests?

2) How did you find us?
Google

Mechanical Engineer

British

London.
Welcome. Hope you will enjoy your stay here.

1) Tell your interests?

2) How did you find us?
Google

Mechanical Engineer

British

London.

eh welcome mate.

ahhhhh MI6... good going... you must be new recruit who convinced his bosses .. " Yes, I know modern tools and I can give you their biodata"... " just give a chance to prove it" :p: :rofl::rofl:

If only that were true.:cheers:

Are there jobs for Mechanical Engineers in UK? If one do Masters in ME from UK and want to work there, how are the opportunities?

Yes remember it is the oldest form of engineering before the software boys tell you otherwise.
Mechanical in the UK is a mixture of all other engineering branches (Aero/Astro/Civils/Software/Electrical/Mechatronics etc.) for at the least the first two years then you do your pure Mechanical leanings.

If you are studying in the UK make sure you select a "Sandwich" course which is an extra year on top of the three or four year BEng or MEng course. (You don't make sandwiches for a year)

Instead you get a chance to work for a year as a placement student and get paid full time. During this time be nice to people and make contacts (networking is key).

There is no shortage of jobs - remember a Mechanical Engineer has the broadest range of skill set in the engineering disciplines. There will always be transferable skills.

I personally did a placement and have been in employment ever since.
Hope this helps.

Invicta

Back
Top Bottom