What's new

Heckler & Koch wins tender to replace French army's FAMAS

Nice pic.
Damn! so Legion will be among the first to get 416? I think time is right to enlist in Legion Etrangere 8-) as FAMAS is history.

Another pic. @Taygibay @Louiq XIV @Nilgiri

Stunning!

hhh.jpg

I once met a Royal Marine who also served in the Legion and he despised the FAMAS, funny he used a L85/SA80 before he served in 2REP:lol:. New rifle starts with the Legion that means France is seriously on the war path now:taz:.

Also a big slap to the face of those claiming and thinking that the Légion was only getting and using the outdated gear of the French army and were the last to get the newest toys. :rolleyes: :whistle:

Also a big slap to the face of those claiming and thinking that the Légion was only getting and using the outdated gear of the French army and were the last to get the newest toys. :rolleyes: :whistle:
That HK is only increasing my dislike of SCAR even more :partay: what a sleek shiny and new rifle.

He would most likely reply ;

View attachment 337463

It's pretty clear. :P

:D

@Nilgiri

There is, some, clarity now I guess. The IA is going back to the SLR round, 7.62x51mm. That requirement is set, after their original requirement of a multi caliber rifle failed. Funny enough, they dont want any of the 3 rounds originally set, they're going right back to the 7.62x51mm. They've waste a lot of time. The MCIWS platform developed is going to be dumped.

The MoD have given a chance for OFB to produce it's own design, this is under trials.

Bajpai said an internal trial of the weapon would be held next month. Thereafter, in May, the rifle would be offered to the project evaluation committee that has members of army too. The user trials by the army are expected this year itself.

Bajpai said in the initial stage it was found the gun had a higher recoil which hampered the comfort of the user. A buffer has been developed through DRDO to bring down the recoil, he said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...r-army-in-quick-time/articleshow/57781671.cms

If these trials dont work out, they will tender outside designs.

I have not much faith in OFB. Barely any time given to the developer to produce a model. Already competition with finished products from abroad.

What's the difference between the HK416F and HK416N? Here's a couple Norwegian HK416s - two "N" models and two "K" models (I think. I'm no firearms expert so I could be wrong) - what's different between the French rifles and the Norwegian ones?

View attachment 391644

View attachment 391645

View attachment 391646

View attachment 391647

France is getting its own "K" model right? A carbine?

SCAR it total butt:p:.

Great picture!! I can't say I've seen a bipod too much. I've only seen Norway use one in Mali, during the deployment of FAST teams.

View attachment 391650

Ours is made with "Amour"

What's the difference between the HK416F and HK416N? Here's a couple Norwegian HK416s - two "N" models and two "K" models (I think. I'm no firearms expert so I could be wrong) - what's different between the French rifles and the Norwegian ones?

Don't know much about the HK416N,so I couldn't answer you.

As for the HK416F,it's based on the HK416A5,which also include a specialized bayonet lug,a cold-hammered barrel and barrel muzzle to attach and fire rifle grenades.

Compared to the A5 version,it lacks the adjustable gas regulator,but regular forces do not need to run supressors,right ?

Also as you can see,the Frenchies are using the E1 stock,deemed more confortable in use and when firing grenades. (compared to the slim one)

That's French for "hamburger" right:D. Oh wait, we're talking about the HK416, not SCAR:lol:.

Hmm... Little Quiz

If I say this sentence, can you translate... But no Google Translate... just the first thing in your Mind.

" Je t'aime, Mon Amour. "

Don't feed the trolls, Hanni mec siouplait!

Sigh and shrug it off.

Great day to you, Tay.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom