ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
France
@Zarvan @Nilgiri @Taygibay

Congratulations guys. @SMS Derfflinger @Bismarck @Bundeswehr
-
hk.png

The French military is to buy German assault rifles to replace its venerable French-made service weapon, the FAMAS, the government's military procurement agency announced on Friday.

Heckler und Koch will provide French troops with its HK 416 F model from 2017 under a 10-year supply contract, the DGA said.

Press reports put the value of the deal at around 300 million euros ($337 million).

"The contract contributes to the further strengthening of the solid ties between Germany and France in defence and in the armaments industry in particular," the DGA said.

The HK 416 F won against four other proposals after bidding was opened across Europe, it said.

The contract provides for the supply of 101,000 weapons, accessories and ammunition, as well as training.

Heckler und Koch have already manufactured 60,000 of the weapons, mainly for the Norwegian armed forces.

The model, which has a rate of fire of up to 900 rounds per minute and an effective firing range of 300 metres (1,000 feet), is already in use with the French air force and special forces.

The FAMAS -- the acronym for 'Fusil d'Assaut de la Manufacture d'Armes de Saint-Etienne' -- was designed more than four decades ago.

The four other assault rifles competing with the HK 416 F were the ARX160, made by Beretta of Italy; the MCX, manufactured by the German-Swiss firm Sig Sauer; the VHS2, made by the Croatian firm HS Produkt; and the SCAR, manufactured by Belgium's FN Herstal.

http://www.expatica.com/fr/news/France-turns-to-Germany-for-contract-in-assault-rifles_774800.html

I thought this was already confirmed earlier? Or this is another level of confirmed? :P

100,000 rifles, is it a 1 to 1 replacement with FAMAS?

Will Fusiliers Marins be using the 416 as well?

Finally...:D

Not even a surprise. A quality weapon,already in use in many french special forces units,combat proven,positive feedbacks,better performances,what more could you ask for ? ;)

I thought this was already confirmed earlier? Or this is another level of confirmed? :P

Now,it is confirmed by the defense's procurement agency,meaning it is official ! :P

I still don't know about it,maybe Tay would help you if he knows better,but I guess it's too early to know.

In your face SCAR-L:chilli:!!

Slowly but surely,the number of nations using it as standard rifle is increasing. First Norway,now France,probably Germany soon or even Portugal. @JPMM
Not adding the various international special forces acquiring it.

Heckler und Koch have already manufactured 60,000 of the weapons, mainly for the Norwegian armed forces.

Didn't know that:o:! 66% of the total HK416s made thus far are in Norwegian service as the HK416N and HK416K.

416 Propaganda anyone:D?

It's the logical choice for keeping Russia from saving oppressed Russian minorities on your side of the boarder.
_MG23576.t5440caa2.m800.x5394e48b.jpg

The perfect companion for a midnight rave.
20160614tk_R1520.t5760e608.m800.x35195e81.jpg

Makes for an excellent floatation device in the event of a plane crash.
ebn-4.t5492b7a8.m800.x7df8ff4d.jpg

Doesn't freeze. Unlike this poor soul.
tkcr14R6758.t5322c524.m800.xe78485e6.jpg

And that sweet white decal? DLC included with purchase!!

You'll look kick *ss shooting one in black and white.
lsk29614.t4ff1631e.m800.x5081733c.jpg

Or in color.
tkafgL7C1367.t4f9d0328.m800.xbfb3bfad.jpg

Oh yeah, and you can turn it into a makeshift DMR if you don't have a 417 handy.
IMG_4964-2.t4d297922.m800.xa563e385.jpg

I think the Propa... uh, facts speak for themselves.

Yeah, it was already confirmed weeks back, I'm guessing that it's official now, as in the contract has been signed.

FN seems to be pissed at this, considering they're going to court over it. They just lost out on a big contract, and this will likely make them redouble their efforts in other competitions i.e Pakistan.

Its a good choise.
HOOPS!! HK must already took a plane to Portugal, we will be their next victim!
HK416A5, HK417, G28, UMP, USP, MG4 and MG5.
Its the deal

FN seems to be pissed at this, considering they're going to court over it.

Their challenge has been rejected by French administrative courts, thus confirming the HK416 as Frances next rifle.

Slowly but surely, the number of nations using it as standard rifle is increasing. First Norway, now France, probably Germany soon or even Portugal. @JPMM
Not adding the various international special forces acquiring it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the 416 show up in the USMC either now that the M16 is being phased out in favor of the M4, which is being phased out.

Just a thought: the SCAR-L was always regarded as mediocre. If this was between the SCAR-H and HK-417, there is a good chance that France would have picked FN over HK.

True.

French-Army-Afghan-3.jpg

Or not:partay:.

France is already a user of the HK417. I loved the 417:smitten:!! I had a chance to fire on during aerial gunnery exercises and dang if it isn't a blast.
True, but in a limited capacity.

This competition was for a standard issue rifle. If the caliber was 7.62, chances are that we'd probably see a very different result.

Thats true, its a fact. Last news I had were that we would by HK416 and HK417, so the HK must be a better choise when aquiring both calibres. I was surprised by the HK417, we already have G28 on the special forces, but a think HK417 is for use with the COMANDOS in Afganistan, they could take 5,56mm Galil and SG543, but they prefered the G3 in 7,62mm

True.

French-Army-Afghan-3.jpg

Or not:partay:.

France is already a user of the HK417. I loved the 417:smitten:!! I had a chance to fire on during aerial gunnery exercises and dang if it isn't a blast.

417 is the .308 version right? Is it used as DMR mostly?

@Norge Stronk Oh, and it seems that FN, despite doing extremely well in Pakistan's competition, may not actually be picked by the PA. Italy's ARX rifle has been doing a lot of promotion, and Italy recently started upgrading Pakistan's POF weapons factories to produce modern weapons systems and munitions.

As it is, FN is not doing so well.

417 is the .308 version right? Is it used as DMR mostly?
It's mainly used as a battle rifle, so it can easily be used in a DMR role. That's partly why Pakistanis wanted the 417 to enter Pakistan's current rifle competition to replace the G3.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom