What's new

Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; death toll crosses 800

good for you..i am from Rajasthan and currently living in Gujarat..temperature above 45 is very comman here.....and no leave..lol due to my busy evening schedule,i go to the stadium for my daily run at 4pm..when its hot like hell:big_boss::big_boss:..think about that.

Wow dude thats crazy.. o_O

temperatures have increased , effects of global warming , it can be seen. Also climate change , untimely rains etc its all becoming a fast reality.

That's true global warming has led us here. Global warming is not a drastic phenomenon, what I meant by past was temperature in past few years. It's very hot in Pakistan also but people here have kinda acclimatized plus they take precautions, you won't see much people on roads during hot hours.

i know its a bit hot,but how can one just die due to that? :what:

there are lot of people in this country who live on the streets man , you have a house and maybe a A/C or cooler think about those who are not that privileged and if they have some medical conditions then it will be even more worse , 800 is not a huge number for a country like india where so many people live on the streets.

WTF !!!??!! ???? If the mercury rises above 40 here in Aussie during summer we get paid leave due to the health hazard.. And in Lanka they issue public warnings to stay indoors but it hardly goes over 38 in SL
Temperature above 40 is normal in India.....poor people die due to heat waves....

The hottest is Delhi followed by Chennai/Bhubaneswar
other places remain relatively cool though despite the high temperature

Wow dude thats crazy.. o_O
thats exactly what the stadium keepers say:p:..nevermind being born and raised for first 13 years of my life in rural countryside,iam used to that heat.
there are lot of people in this country who live on the streets man , you have a house and maybe a A/C or cooler think about those who are not that privileged and if they have some medical conditions then it will be even more worse , 800 is not a huge number for a country like india where so many people live on the streets.
homeless can always find ways to keep themselves cool..maybe medical conditions are a major cause.

That's true global warming has led us here. Global warming is not a drastic phenomenon, what I meant by past was temperature in past few years. It's very hot in Pakistan also but people here have kinda acclimatized plus they take precautions, you won't see much people on roads during hot hours.

i was referring to the same , in the past years temperatures where not that high at our place and we had timely rains but in the past few years temperatures have shot up and we are seeing untimely rains , cycle of seasons is effected which all seems to indicate towards global warming. Govt should create awareness regarding this issue because i see things only worsening from here and i am more worried about those people who have no shelter because those who have can always stay in their home as you said during the hot hours.

Temperature above 40 is normal in India.....poor people die due to heat waves....

The hottest is Delhi followed by Chennai/Bhubaneswar
other places remain relatively cool though despite the high temperature

Yes i have experienced stifling heat in Madras and Delhi etc.. But not 40 degrees i assume

heatwave move from pakistan to india, but here in pakistan none die because of heatwave in last few weeks(as i know). how can it kill near 800 persons in India??
Mostly old people and young kids.

i know its a bit hot,but how can one just die due to that? :what:
Dehydration and Heat stroke leads to cardiac failure.

The old, sick, children and the vulnerable are at high risk in situations like this.
May the souls who passed on find rest.
Most of them work during the day,failing to realize they suffered Heat stroke..While kids play cricket in summer without any heed for sun and its temperature.Its summer holidays for kids in Bharat.

homeless can always find ways to keep themselves cool..maybe medical conditions are a major cause.

Not when they are also expected to earn their living at the same time!

In my view, the fatality numbers include even the healthy ones too since they have to be out in the sun to earn their livelihood on a daily basis! Extremely sad, but that is how it is in this part of the world, for many!

Global warming/El Nino don't help either!

heatwave move from pakistan to india, but here in pakistan none die because of heatwave in last few weeks(as i know). how can it kill near 800 persons in India??

black skin of South Indians absorbs heat (just try wearing black shirt in the sun vs white) so that increases percieved heat by +10 Celsius

Back
Top Bottom