Was rangers right ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alimobin memon

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Rangers are very critical part of security they should not be interrupted while on duty or taken pictures of while performing their duties.

This is what a student has posted and many people have shared this post, its one sided story so no conclusion can be made yet but please read it and comment your opinion regarding it.

On 24th October 2016, while on my way to IBA university for a class, I encountered a horizontally parked rangers mobile on Shahrah-e-Faisal. The flow of the traffic had been halted, and I was running short on time. In order to justify to my teacher why I had run late, I took a picture of the situation from my cell phone.

A ranger’s official, upon witnessing this, rushed to my car immediately grabbed me and started pulling at me. He dragged me out of the car and snatched my mobile from me. More ranger’s personnel gathered around and without any justification, they proceeded to kick and shove me, with their guns pointed at me. I asked them if I had done anything wrong, you can search me but why are you torturing me? They sneered that I took a picture, HOW could I take a picture? I kept screaming that I took the picture to justify being late for my class to my teacher, and that that no law prohibits taking pictures in a public space. However, that went unheard and it just infuriated them further, so they started beating me like animals. I pleaded them to delete the pictures and just let me go because I had to get to my class. But they continued to strangle my throat, punch me, kick me, shove me and hit me with their gun butts. Even after deleting the picture, they refused to let me go. They threw me in their mobile and took me at their HQ. An officer appeared and upon assessing the situation, the rangers let me go at his directions. The rangers just disappeared inside quickly, and left me to rot and walk back to my car, which had been impounded by the traffic police by then.

The way they left me untried in a hurry was a proof of my innocence and their unjustified torture over me. If the officer had perceived any threat or any wrongdoing on my part, he definitely would have not freed me. I sustained a bleeding wound injury on my forehead, possibly from a gun butt. Besides that, there were injuries to my back, knee, leg, and internally bleeding bruises on my arms and shoulders. Moreover, marks of strangulation from gripping hands were also obvious on both sides of my neck. My whole body was in tatters and immense pain.

I acknowledge that the rangers have done great work in Karachi for law and order, and as a responsible law-abiding citizen of Pakistan, I respect and admire the work of Pakistani Security forces. However, this does not give them any right to treat a Pakistani citizen in this humiliatingly inhumane and animalistic way. What they did was violation of civil and basic human rights, and I don’t believe that even the laws of these security forces can condone such brutality. Even if they perceived me to be a threat, they could have addressed this issue in a civil manner, I am ready to present myself for checking and investigation as per law. But they had no right to beat me. I noticed the name of two officials, Zafar and Nazar, while other 4-5 soldiers had ammo jackets wrapped over their nameplates but can be identified by me.

I hope that the top officials of these security forces will investigate this matter, and take notice of this and other such incidents of civilians being mistreated by some personnel. These incidents raise a question mark and taint the good-work done by our security forces. Civilians do not pay for their heavy budget so they can boss around and exploit ordinary citizens, where institutions made for our safety become a threat to us.

Although reading this i feel sad for the kid, however I wanted to post this not to mock rangers or any security agency nor the kid, I am die hard fan of armed forces but this is wrong at some aspects and right at few like for example:
1. Kid was stupid to snap pictures of rangers personnel on line of duty without their consent

2. Rangers should have taken him to HQ interrogated him since they cant take a chance but should not have beaten him right at spot.

I do think that kid might have misbehaved while rangers asked for the pics or phone to see themselves what snapshots he's taken. This kid is way too stupid for posting coordinates too of the location of rangers post on public post.

My view is that rangers was right after the events of Quetta attack they just cant accept even a single mistake.

One more important thing for every member here don't snap pictures of personnel of any branch while they are on duty and also without their consent.

link

Last edited:
Kind of asked for it. Snapping pictures at their position? He's crazy if he thinks the rangers aren't going to suspicious. They probably thought he was scoping out the area for an attack.

Last edited:
Everything is fair in love and war! We are at war!
so you mean killing of 140 innocent children in APS is fair as taliban think they are in war with the state? islam teach us not everything is fair in love and war its just a lame excuse from some sick people to justify the genocide they did. like tipu sultan once said:
Once a soldier asked Tipu Sultan:
"Is it everything is fair in Love & War..?"
in an epic sentence Tipu Sultan replied:
It's an excuse of english people
Our tradition is that,
"Whatever is to be done in love & war,
"should be fair.."

so you mean killing of 140 innocent children in APS is fair as taliban think they are in war with the state? islam teach us not everything is fair in love and war its just a lame excuse from some sick people to justify the genocide they did. like tipu sultan once said:
Once a soldier asked Tipu Sultan:
"Is it everything is fair in Love & War..?"
in an epic sentence Tipu Sultan replied:
It's an excuse of english people
Our tradition is that,
"Whatever is to be done in love & war,
"should be fair.."

I meant they have the right to investigate or stop anyone because of the current situation. He must have done something or resisted that he faced such thing.

Everything is fair in love and war! We are at war!
Your religion has even rules for war. That's what differentiate civilized people from savages. There are humans and there are human like animals.
I am not pointing finger at anyone, they can be from any part of society. One brother can be human, other can be human like savage creature.

There is a reason why Rangers are hated in Karachi. Even by someone like me who is a military man 100%. Ranger's personnel are extremely unprofessional and need to be booted in to shape with regards to their behaviour. The unfortunate thing is if you complain to the officers of their behaviour, they completely ignore it and sometimes encourage it.

This country needs bleach cleaning, what a mess.

I am sure the guy would have argued with the ranger personal thats why he got beaten. You can't blame the rangers for being suspicious, we are living in terrible times where the attackers are coming from among us. What if it was really a terrorist doing ground work for the next target. Its better to be safe than sorry.

To the people abusing rangers.
Please note that we dont know if the story is true.

Not I am not a die hard fan of Pak Rangers.

This is most likely fake. I have taken a shit-ton of pictures of military personnel, bases and posts. Also, a lot of selfies with soldiers. There was just this one incident where I went to check out a rangers outpost in sialkot; they were very friendly - gave us chai and showed us around; also let us ontop of this HUGE tower - however they did not let me take any pictures and warned me not to.

social media has been used as a huge propaganda medium against Pakistan, Islam and army.... just caz people have shared this post does not means its true
Exactly this is also one sided story, people are actually responding to post only hearing one side, rangers have been targeted of media propaganda. People also ignore how whatsapp rangers helpline was used to ridicule by people of Karachi.

This is most likely fake. I have taken a shit-ton of pictures of military personnel, bases and posts. Also, a lot of selfies with soldiers. There was just this one incident where I went to check out a rangers outpost in sialkot; they were very friendly - gave us chai and showed us around; also let us ontop of this HUGE tower - however they did not let me take any pictures and warned me not to.

this.
Ive come across many pak army men who love the attention you give them and especially if you ask for a selfie.

i will tell you a story of my personal experience, i was at lahore airport in april waiting to pick up a relative coming from USA. over there a couple of ranger personal were accompanying someone picking up their relatives. whilst waiting for the passengers to arrive i got chating to one of the ranger personal and we sat there chatting for a good 20 mins, he was asking me questions about UK and i was asking him questions about his duty. he even let me touch his ak47 when i jokingly said i bet its a fake gun you've got here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom