What's new

Head of Iran's Chabahar Port arrested

Abdolrahim Kordi (who studied in Pune and knows India well) is arrested, although reasons not given. Maybe he was spying for RAW.

The director general of Iran's Chabahar Free Zone, an economic development project in the country's southeast, has been arrested for "major offences", state news agency IRNA reported Sunday.

It said the prosecutor in Sistan-Baluchistan province placed Abdorahim Kordi in custody, citing a statement from the intelligence branch of Iran's Revolutionary Guards, the Islamic republic's ideological army.

Details on the alleged infractions were not provided.

Kordi had been named to his post in 2016 under the former government of moderate president Hassan Rouhani, who was replaced last year by ultraconservative Ebrahim Raisi.

Located about 100 kilometres (62 miles) from Pakistan, the Chabahar free trade zone was established in 1994, allowing ships to avoid the busy Strait of Hormuz.

If he's arrested by Irgc's intelligence then it has do with India or Pak.

If he's arrested by Irgc's intelligence then it has do with India or Pak.
Or it could be about embezzlement and monetary issues. The intelligence division of the IRGC is recently cracking down on people with corruption records. Official newspapers in Iran say that he had already resigned before his arrest.
The news is credible by the way.

The reason cited for his arrest: complaints by people in the Sistan and Baluchistan Province about his corruption including cronyism.

Or it could be about embezzlement and monetary issues. The intelligence division of the IRGC is recently cracking down on people with corruption records. Official newspapers in Iran say that he had already resigned before his arrest.
The news is credible by the way.

The reason cited for his arrest: complaints by people in the Sistan and Baluchistan Province about his corruption including cronyism.

It'll be least of a reason that IRGC acted on his corruption
They could've used other departments. They say *serious offences*. If it was corruption, there was no problem sharing it.

It'll be least of a reason that IRGC acted on his corruption
They could've used other departments. They say *serious offences*. If it was corruption, there was no problem sharing it.
Theoretically, corruption is a major offense in Iran. It is even punishable by a death sentence. Although as we all know the system itself is too corrupt to fight corruption. Oh, and newspapers in Iran usually don't publicly mention the actual reason for someone's arrest before he has been sentenced for it.

Nevertheless, this is probably a bi-partisan fight between the reformists and the conservatives. He was installed as the Head of the Chabahar Port by the Rouhani administration. The new government is changing things and installing his own people. Some reformists are already saying that he wasn't a corrupt official.

I visited chabahar; it is really top notch in terms of how it is developed and how everywhere things are easy to move around.

I can bet it has something to do with smuggling and illegal cross-border trade of fuel. That area is notorious for smugglers and illegal fuel runners.

I can bet it has something to do with smuggling and illegal cross-border trade of fuel. That area is notorious for smugglers and illegal fuel runners.
Iran benefits from fuel smuggling. The reason of his arrest seems to be connected with espionage. It will be interesting to know what exactly he was doing.

Iran benefits from fuel smuggling. The reason of his arrest seems to be connected with espionage. It will be interesting to know what exactly he was doing.

Iran does not benefit from gasoline smuggling who told you this?

Iranian state spends 60B a year to subsidize low price of gasoline. So people buying gasoline and taking it to Pakistan to sell for 5-10x the price does not benefit Iran at all.

It’s gasoline, it’s not like Iran has trouble selling gasoline. In fact Iran has an over demand of gasoline and struggles to keep up.

Iranian state spends 60B a year to subsidize low price of gasoline. So people buying gasoline and taking it to Pakistan to sell for 5-10x the price does not benefit Iran at all.

It’s gasoline, it’s not like Iran has trouble selling gasoline. In fact Iran has an over demand of gasoline and struggles to keep up.

Same propagandists aligned with US Foreign Policy, have shoved this fiction into Pakistani minds that Iran supports Baloch separatists. If it was a shortsighted stupid person like Erdogan then i would have personally believed that something like that could be true in case of such stupid people who set fire on their neighbors Burning their own long term interests.

But Iran is not a country like that, we do not support the cancerous elements like BLF or BLA who might, not might but surely, turn their guns in our own face.

Go through Pakistani comments, even most of their sane people are claiming the same. Whoever is in charge of spreading hatred against Iran in Pakistan must be rewarded. How can they influence minds of millions of people in a couple of hours through lies and deception? Such power is outstanding

@waz even you sir, claimed that Iran is supporting BLA and BLF. Care to share us the evidence? It is off topic but important. At least for me, most of Iranians couldn't Care less about it.

Alright solve this for me.

Why there are hordes of people selling Iranian oil in Pakistan? I am sure that Iran can sell to ANY country, no?

Same propagandists aligned with US Foreign Policy, have shoved this fiction into Pakistani minds that Iran supports Baloch separatists. If it was a shortsighted stupid person like Erdogan then i would have personally believed that something like that could be true in case of such stupid people who set fire on their neighbors Burning their own long term interests.

But Iran is not a country like that, we do not support the cancerous elements like BLF or BLA who might, not might but surely, turn their guns in our own face.

Go through Pakistani comments, even most of their sane people are claiming the same. Whoever is in charge of spreading hatred against Iran in Pakistan must be rewarded. How can they influence minds of millions of people in a couple of hours through lies and deception? Such power is outstanding

@waz even you sir, claimed that Iran is supporting BLA and BLF. Care to share us the evidence? It is off topic but important. At least for me, most of Iranians couldn't Care less about it.
Where do BLA and BLF go after raiding Pakistani pickets/posts? Do explain to me how some wanted terrorists are killed inside Iran?

Alright solve this for me.

Why there are hordes of people selling Iranian oil in Pakistan? I am sure that Iran can sell to ANY country, no?
They are smugglers. Hurting petrol industry of the country.

do BLA and BLF go after raiding Pakistani pickets/posts? Do explain to me how some wanted terrorists are killed inside Iran?
You are insane to believe that Iran is supporting such rogue elements on own borders. But ok, i will answer you when ever you show me evidence of Iranian support for them.

On the contrary, our border guards were kidnapped and transferred into Pakistan which shows that Pakistani side of Balochistan was a den of terrorists.

Just a hint, Pakistan had abandoned its own part of Balochistan and Arabs under American lead abused this opportunity for years until just recently after reaping consequences of Sluggishness and negligence of Pakistani side, Pakistan started cleaning some rooms. Afghanistan is a safe haven of terrorists from spearatists to extremists. An other hint, you allowed UAE to do the same thing with Baloch spearatists which they did with Kurdish spearatists in accordance with Israeli policies in the region.

Nope never have. Have said they find refuge there but that’s down to many reasons. They’ve been roving around freely in Pakistan as well until recently.

Back
Top Bottom