What's new

HATS OFF TO NAWAZ SHARIF

The problems with Baloch Nationalists are like the problems we had with ANP or MQM at best. The Problems with Baloch Separatists like BLA and gang is where he will be tested.

Without fail they will bomb something in Pakistan. You keep forgetting they are remote controlled by Pak enemies. Which will be followed by military operations and we will be back to square one.

Military operations need to be done regardless. Those who cannot accept the writ of the state need to be dealt with severely.

Let the time pass and we'll start to see true colors of NS, he has made us fools several times and he's an expert in doing so, so lets not get too excited this time, it is too early to say anything about his true intentions. We don't know if he's seriously willing to take Pakistan forward or he's just trying to show off. Lets just wait and see before making any judgment about him..

It's sad to see that I know more about your country's situation than you do (by judging this post). Actually NS kept the system afloat after May's events. He built the super highway system that the US leadership built around 60's as they knew it meant faster access and travel time between states and markets. He started a lot of other programs even I know about. Sad to see you guys always split even on your national issues. Try learning something from the Indian community. They are much ahead of you and nationalism is their key to success!!

Don't pay attention to @W.11 brainless troll from MQM. These guys have more loyalty to their Mafia MQM than they have to Pakistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sad to see that I know more about your country's situation than you do (by judging this post). Actually NS kept the system afloat after May's events. He built the super highway system that the US leadership built around 60's as they knew it meant faster access and travel time between states and markets. He started a lot of other programs even I know about. Sad to see you guys always split even on your national issues. Try learning something from the Indian community. They are much ahead of you and nationalism is their key to success!!

one motorway lol, and nawaz gets so much credit?

its like ayub khan getting credit for making one habib bank plaza lol

and nawaz also takes credit for making pakistan nuclear power (only did nuclear explosion because of the pressure for other pakistani scientists and other high ups)

the economy of one country doesnt depend on one motorway, the actual plan for making motorway was to connect the central asia to pakistan, but the ganja bradraan built it more to suit their own political needs that is making from lahore to islamabad!

A bit too early to celebrate. Could just be a political stunt.

:offpost: Can anyone tell me when is he taking the office????? and why somuch of delay in taking charge?

Mr Sharif’s moment
Yasser Latif Hamdani

We are told that our Prime Minister-elect, Mr Muhammad Nawaz Sharif has matured as a statesman. One certainly hopes he has. Unfortunately though for a certain group of liberals, maturity of a statesman is only judged on the touchstone of his views towards India. It goes without saying that as a business-friendly politician, Mr Sharif realises that for Pakistan to fulfil its destiny as a vehicle of change for its citizens, a great many of whom are Muslims, peace with India is an irreducible minimum. This realisation was there in 1997-1999 as well and yet despite Mr Sharif’s many good intentions, Pakistan got embroiled in a limited war against India.

Around the same time, Mr Sharif tried to install himself as a theocratic dictator through the notorious 15th Amendment. The 15th Amendment, for those with short memories, stated: “The Federal Government shall be under an obligation to take steps to enforce the Shariah, to establish salat, to administer zakat, to promote amr bil ma’ruf and nahi anil munkar (to prescribe what is right and to forbid what is wrong), to eradicate corruption at all levels and to provide substantial socio-economic justice, in accordance with the principles of Islam, as laid down in the Holy Quran and Sunnah.”

What is wrong with that, you wonder? After all, Mr Sharif had the two-thirds majority to amend the constitution. Well consider the facts: Pakistan is a Muslim majority state where Islam as a major cultural signifier is a fact that is incontrovertible. On top of that the Constitution of 1973 establishes Islam as the state religion of Pakistan. The constitution of 1973 also contains the repugnancy clause that makes any legislation repugnant to the Quran and Sunnah unconstitutional. As if that was not enough, the institution of the Federal Shariat Court was created to determine whether or not a law contravened the Quran and Sunnah. The constitutional provision was introduced to bypass parliament altogether and give the executive — led by Prime Minister Sharif — the power to interpret and impose Sharia as he pleased.

Coming back to India, hostility towards India is the consequence of a deeper internal conflict in Pakistan regarding identity as much as India’s psychological inability to accept the existence of Pakistan as a legitimate legal entity. Unless and until there is the political will on the part of Pakistan’s leadership to resolve this internal identity conflict, Pakistan will continue to take one step forward two steps backward on every issue. First and foremost — as I have repeatedly argued — this requires clarity on Pakistan’s founding myth, which was largely invented post hoc. All nation states are created by either conquest, a fission or a fusion, or as a consequence of power sharing or failure thereof. Pakistan was the result of the failure of two representative political parties representing two major peoples of the subcontinent (though one of them claimed to represent both peoples but in actual reality represented just one people) to agree on a power sharing formula. That is it. Pakistan was not created in the name of Islam and the existence of Pakistan certainly does not mean — and should not mean — a perpetual conflict in South Asia.

Yet perpetual conflict is precisely what we have been poisoning our young minds with through our state curricula. Our Pakistan Studies and history syllabi spin a most woeful tale of collective Muslim victimhood, which would, suffice it to say, not win any awards for subtlety. Mind you, every nation state wants a national myth for cohesion but must our national myth be so contradictory, unbelievable and blatantly false? Even the teaching of religion in the classroom is done not with the angle of enjoining people to do good deeds and living more honest lives. A deliberately narrow picture of Islam is presented by our textbooks that overlooks the eternal humanism of the great faith. Is it any wonder then that the state educational system produces the kind of brainwashed and delusional Zaid Hamid clones?

If the Prime Minister-elect is serious about making Pakistan a prosperous and economically strong nation, he would have to drag the national psyche, starting with the educational curricula in Punjab and the Centre where the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz has an absolute majority, out of the self-destruct siege mentality. Pakistan does not need an anti-India and exclusionary narrative to justify its existence. Unless the Prime Minister-elect embraces this simple logic, it would be very hard for even someone who apparently has some credibility with the religious right to drag along the ultranationalists and latter day uncles of Islamic ideology to peace with India, regional cooperation and a mutually beneficial future for both Pakistan and India.

As Nawaz Sharif takes office, a simple citizen of Pakistan can only hope that Nawaz Sharif of 2013 has learnt from the mistakes of the past. The time has come for Mr Sharif to play the role of a global statesman, who will not only turnaround an ailing economy but will, through steady guidance at the helm, ensure that the sapling of civilian democratic rule now grows into a full blown tree. He, therefore, can ill afford constitutional adventurism of the 15th Amendment type. Instead he needs to lead a nation with tact and resolve in putting down the revolver it has been holding to its head. Is he up to the task? Only time will tell.

The writer is a lawyer based in Lahore and the author of the book Jinnah: Myth and Reality

What else could Nawaz do? He had his lessons from the past - a good thing. He this time doesn't want to be the Ameer of all the provinces and instead respecting the mandate of the people - another good thing.

I'd personally love to see a Baloch on one of the key federal positions. Interior minister should've been a Baloch instead of Ch. Nisar - worse than Rehman Malik.

Ch.Nisar could single handedly make imran khan **** his pants :yay: kind of skills n with his knowledge !!

Tell me you are kidding, Mate ?

If India supports a stable Pakistan, why does India fund and support BLA and TTP and provide them weapons, money and training in Afghanistan ?

When i say India ....i mean "normal indian people" ....don't count the intelligence agencies .....RAW and ISI hit against each other ....what we see in balochistan is a result of rivalry between these two agencies ....but they dont represent the people of their country ......so a normal Indian will be more comfortable if there is stability in pakistan .....because a person cant sleep peacefully if his neighbour's house is burning .....the fire may reach to his house also..

On above context ...just see the fire in Afghanistan is creating problem in Pakistan .

Yes its a good decision but he must be supported too not left among the wolves out there.

Even though I am a gung ho PTI supporter, as a Pakistani I salute Mian Nawaz Sharif for his decision to name Dr. Abdul Maalik of National Party as Chief Minister of Balochistan and Governor slot for PMAP.

This is great sacrifice by Sardar Zehri of PMLN for the greater interest of Pakistan and Balochistan. I salute Mian Nawaz sharif for displaying his Political acumen.

I have grave concerns over this selection as this guy used to open his mouth against army and role of intelligence & FC in Balochistan. I have concerns when after appointment he said "We try to make Balochistan as part of Pakistan" as it was not in his views. BS

Nobody suitable left than these culprits?

Even though I am a gung ho PTI supporter, as a Pakistani I salute Mian Nawaz Sharif for his decision to name Dr. Abdul Maalik of National Party as Chief Minister of Balochistan and Governor slot for PMAP.

This is great sacrifice by Sardar Zehri of PMLN for the greater interest of Pakistan and Balochistan. I salute Mian Nawaz sharif for displaying his Political acumen.

I remind you that Akber Bugti was Balochistan cheif minister and so were many other baloch nationslists including the clown 'raeesani' .. What good did they bring?

I have grave concerns over this selection as this guy used to open his mouth against army and role of intelligence & FC in Balochistan. I have concerns when after appointment he said "We try to make Balochistan as part of Pakistan" as it was not in his views. BS

Nobody suitable left than these culprits?

Brothers, this is how Nations are built. We have to make room for everybody and make every one happy. We have just a handful of Ethnicities and Nationalities to deal with. Look at India, they have five times more ethnicities and religions and yet they find a way to survive as a Nation.

I remind you that Akber Bugti was Balochistan cheif minister and so were many other baloch nationslists including the clown 'raeesani' .. What good did they bring?

We have to build our Nation and bring these Sardars into our fold.

Back
Top Bottom