What's new

Hatf-IX - Tactical Multi-Tube Ballistic Missile

Nasr seems to be a good deterrent but can it deter an Indian military strike on Pakistan if 26/11 happens again ?

Only time will tell.

@Markus

26-11?? It seems Indian media is running on many heads these days. I believe some rational minds must remain rational.

@Karthic Sri

You just discredited some very thought provoking analysis made by genuine researchers. Do not tell me you know more than them do you? Only to prove your point, you will do it every time.

@Markus

26-11?? It seems Indian media is running on many heads these days. I believe some rational minds must remain rational.

Things will go very ugly if 26/11 happens again and I personally dont think Nasr will be able to prevent an Indian strike.

Cold start or no cold start, strike may certainly happen.

@Karthic Sri

You just discredited some very thought provoking analysis made by genuine researchers. Do not tell me you know more than them do you? Only to prove your point, you will do it every time.

You are entitled to your opinion and me to mine.

And if you look into Wiki Leaks on Cold Start, which I consider authentic you will get to know.

And still my point on how Nasr defends (or not) Pakistan against a Cold Start stands.

Things will go very ugly if 26/11 happens again and I personally dont think Nasr will be able to prevent an Indian strike.

Cold start or no cold start, strike may certainly happen.

Since your media like to base more on assumption and to get Western sympathy to go along with it, hence the term 26-11. Pakistan has been living in a fight for her survival from her very independence so we are used to these ugly scenarios, nothing new. It is getting a bit boring to reduce a sense of insecurity in some members so lets get back to NASR shall we.

Since your media like to base more on assumption and to get Western sympathy to go along with it, hence the term 26-11. Pakistan has been living in a fight for her survival from her very independence so we are used to these ugly scenarios, nothing new. It is getting a bit boring to reduce a sense of insecurity in some members so lets get back to NASR shall we.

Oh my God :hitwall::hitwall:

I never thought I will have to ever explain this.

26/11 means Mumbai attacks of 26th November.

Lovingly we call it 26/11 just like AMericans call it 9/11 for WTC attacks.

OK?

Actually i already have looked into it and it does say that the doctrine, though comprising on reality and myth, DOES exist and was announced in 2004. It is just that Indian Military is not US military hence they have serious short comings to implement it.

Here is the link.

Cable Viewer

It is time for you to relax. I do know the history of entire event and those who were involved from David Hadley to others and will never need your assistance in this regard. Enough from me. No need to bang your head. :)

It is time for you to relax. I do know the history of entire event and those who were involved from David Hadley to others and will never need your assistance in this regard. Enough from me. No need to bang your head. :)

I am completely relaxed.

One question on Nasr which others could not answer, may be you can help.

What kind of radars would be required to locate Nasr launch tubes?

Any idea?

Yes yaar. The reality part was that our mobilisation time in 2002 was long - about 4 days IIRC and the Indian Army (as any other Army) wanted to reduce the mobilisation time to more than half.

That's to it. It is surrounding this core concept the entire myth of Cold Start is built.

Any way I'm not arguing on Cold Start but the effectiveness of Nasr on this perceived Cold Start and will it give defence to Pakistan.

I am completely relaxed.

One question on Nasr which others could not answer, may be you can help.

What kind of radars would be required to locate Nasr launch tubes?

Any idea?

It is too early to say this however it is my belief that a small size highly agile ballistic missile will take a few seconds to reach its target 60 kms away. Therefore, any SAM will have to react within a span of few seconds and even then chances of an interception are very slim.

Back
Top Bottom