What's new

Hatf-IX - Tactical Multi-Tube Ballistic Missile

Another wannabe defence reporter who doesnt know what the hell he is writing. :hitwall:

For starters there is no such thing called the Cold Start

Wow that indeed is a big shift is it not? I myself have seen plenty of hypothetical scenarios on many a fora where Indian Armchair generals were discussing what to capture and how to bargain once they bring Pakistan on to her knees. :)

ASIA PACIFIC
Date Posted: 20-Apr-2011

Defence Weekly

Pakistan test fires Hatf 9 missile

Farhan Bokhari Correspondent - Islamabad

Pakistan test fired a Hatf 9 nuclear-capable surface-to-surface "multi-tube ballistic missile" on April 19, officials said.

Quoting military sources at Inter-Services Public Relations, the government-owned Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) said the missile has "a range of 60 km [and] carries nuclear warheads of appropriate yield with high accuracy. This quick response system addresses the need to deter evolving threats".

Western defence officials in Islamabad said the Pakistan Army is developing short-range missiles as it does not have the financial resources to match India's force development plans.

"Nuclear weapons is an area where Pakistan feels it can create a deterrence against India by having the right mix of missiles," one western defence official said.

reported on 4 March that Pakistan conducted a successful test firing of its indigenously developed Hatf 7 (Babur) cruise missile on 10 February. The Hatf 7, which looks similar in configuration to the US RGM-109 Tomahawk Block 3, is designed to carry what the Pakistan Ministry of Defence has described as "strategic and conventional warheads" to a range of 600 km.

Pakistan has also successfully test-fired the low-altitude, air-launched Hatf 8 cruise missile, which has a range of 350 km.

Well it doesn't matter what is India's policy regarding nukes. The fact is Pakistan is going to use this weapon only when it will be invaded by it's neighbor. And once it is invaded and if the need arises Pakistan would simply give a damn to India's NFU doctrine and would use all it's weapons if it considers them necessary to be used.

And that is exactly what I said - if you want to use your nukes better use Shaheens/Ghauruis and their bigger payloads rather than the so called "Tactical Nukes" because anyway the Indian retaliation will be Massive and disproportionate.

Wan to avoid such situation??? Stop dreaming about any kind of conflict with Pakistan. :)

Reposting Bangalore's post;

There is an argument that many Pakistanis are prone to using. It is based on Pakistan's insistence that they will deploy nukes or that every act of aggression will be seen as declaration of full fledged war and they will respond accordingly. What exactly does this mean? Does it mean that in response to an Indian strike on "militant/terrorist camps, Pakistan will risk its whole country in its attempt at retaliation? What if India argues that a terrorist strike like 26/11 is an act of war? At what point will Pakistan decide that they are going to take it nuclear? Not an easy decision to make considering the Indian response. The importance of such an assertion lies in Indians believing it. If the bluff is called, Pakistan suddenly faces a situation of being seen as hollow boasters or face the terrifying decision of doing what was said knowing that it is automatic suicide. .

Wow that indeed is a big shift is it not? I myself have seen plenty of hypothetical scenarios on many a fora where Indian Armchair generals were discussing what to capture and how to bargain once they bring Pakistan on to her knees. :)

There you go - the answer is in your post.

Time to build hydrogen bomba....Will come handy to deal with any disproportionate response from any enemy.

@ Karthik Sri

How convenient for you to say that! You forgot to mention on what basis, those Armchair generals were making those assumptions? There does exist the Doctrine and this is a known fact. Just type "Cold Start" in google and see the results. I can do that for you if you feel uncomfortable.

How convenient for you to say that! You forgot to mention on what basis, those Armchair generals were making those assumptions? There does exist the Doctrine and this is a known fact. Just type "Cold Start" in google and see the results. I can do that for you if you feel uncomfortable.

Thats not a fact but rather your assumption that it is a fact.

Indian Army has never confirmed its presence and the Indian Political Establishment has vehemently denied it.

Also the point is EVEN for arguments sake, if there exists a Cold Start and if Pakistan uses this "Tac Nuke" on it, then it will not serve any purpose as it will just invite an assured,disproportionate retaliatory strike from India.

Congrats on getting the Blue Color.

And that is exactly what I said - if you want to use your nukes better use Shaheens/Ghauruis and their bigger payloads rather than the so called "Tactical Nukes" because anyway the Indian retaliation will be Massive and disproportionate.

Well again our response would be limited to annihilating the invading army and if the invader backs off after we use this missile then we are fine with that. But if the invader doesn't want to compromise on it's stupidity and after invading Pakistan with conventional weapons,wants to retaliate with nuking cities, we would return the pleasure in the same manner. Our attack would be in response to Indian provocations. You invade our land, we would use tactical nukes, you want to nuke our cities we will do the same to you. We would neither invade India nor use strategic nukes in the first place. Hope you got it now.

:)

Well again our response would be limited to annihilating the invading army and if the invader backs off after we use this missile then we are fine with that. But if the invader doesn't want to compromise on it's stupidity and after invading Pakistan with conventional weapons,wants to retaliate with nuking cities, we would return the pleasure in the same manner. Our attack would be in response to Indian provocations. You invade our land, we would use tactical nukes, you want to nuke our cities we will do the same to you. We would neither invade India nor use strategic nukes in the first place. Hope you got it now.

:)

Err, how can Pakistan's attack be a response when they were the ones who used the nuke first ?

Of course you are entitles to use ALL measures at your disposal to defend your land but the logic that Pakistan is responding is wrong.

The sequence is;

Pakistan uses Tac Nukes ----> India goes for all out strike ---- > Pakistan goes again ---- > India goes again --->.............it continues

and the chance that India will be the last to strike is much greater than Pakistan striking last.

Let me start then... Lets see if it really exists or not because if it does not than we have wasted so much time and money on NASR :(

INDIA’S NEW COLD START WAR DOCTRINE STRATEGICALLY REVIEWED

INDIA’S NEW COLD START WAR DOCTRINE STRATEGICALLY REVIEWED -

belfercenter.ksg.harvard.edu/files/IS3203_pp158-190.pdf

ibnlive.in.com/news/army-may...cold-start.../80160-3-1.html -

blogs.reuters.com/.../india-pakistan-war-games-and-cold-start/ -

Blogs, IBN live, SAAG also qualify as Arm Chair Generals.

Let me repost what I said earlier ;

Indian Army has never confirmed its presence and the Indian Political Establishment has vehemently denied it.

Also in my previous post I have said that Nasr may halt a Cold Start, but will not get Pakistan the victory or make India withdraw. Infact it will make India go on a Second nuke strike only that it will not be tactical.

It is a tactical system hence the short range. I am sure they will tweak and enhance it for better performance and more tubes. For faster movement I think 4 would be max.

no I guess 2 is enough ..due to its short range..we cant risk to keep so many tactical nukes concentrated at one place ...can be destoyed by pre-emptive strike easily...:smokin:

Err, how can Pakistan's attack be a response when they were the ones who used the nuke first ?

Because it would be using this missile after someone invaded it's land. No invasion no NASR missile. Simple.

Of course you are entitles to use ALL measures at your disposal to defend your land but the logic that Pakistan is responding is wrong.

That's what you think. Obviously the guys who created this missile know what they are doing.

and the chance that India will be the last to strike is much greater than Pakistan striking last.

India might be the one striking the last blow but till then it would have lost so much the remaining India would be cursing their Generals after this so called last blow. Pakistan would definitely make sure that whether it responds last or second last or what ever, it annihilates and eliminates it's enemy as much as possible. :)

Because it would be using this missile after someone invaded it's land. No invasion no NASR missile. Simple.

That's what you think. Obviously the guys who created this missile know what they are doing.

There is something called conventional and non-conventional weapons and Tac nukes come under non-conventional weapons.

BTW I'm not interested in discussing the technicalities since you have made up your mind - but just know that once a Tac nuke is used it will not be considered a Tac nuke by India bur rather JUST as a nuclear First strike.

And by that the whole purpose of this NASR - to stop Indian Cold Start . It just invites more response. Right or wrong is not my contention. It just invites more retaliation.

Also that is why we are investing in BMD. To minimise that scenario.

India might be the one striking the last blow but till then it would have lost so much the remaining India would be cursing their Generals after this so called last blow. Pakistan would definitely make sure that whether it responds last or second last or what ever, it annihilates and eliminates it's enemy as much as possible. :)

We will be cursing even more if they fail to answer a Pakistani nuclear strike on Indian assets. :)

So whats the nuclear fallout like guys?:lol: Yaar ek missile test na hogaya, saare yahan par ek doosre pe atom, hydrogen aur pata nahin kaun kaun si bomb giraye jaa rahe hain. You guys need to chill the fark down.:cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom