What's new

Hatf IX Nasr Missile Tested by Pakistan

Yup but missile defense shields can act as a partial barrier in their operation. If something is as low flying as anti-tank missile then who's going to track that. Having got tactile nuclear weapons, there is an opportunity of entirely new range of weapons and a fundamental different usage strategy.

Until few years back, no one had thought of Nasr kind of missile and as it has arrived, it has changed the way we look at our defense. Who knows in next few years we see a soldiers carrying such tactile missiles. Its loud thinking but IMO possible.

I would highly disagree...

The tactical nukes come with a risk i.e. potential misuse because of some rogue element or misjudgement. The smaller they become, the greater is the chance of their misuse.

what is the accuracy of NASR & is it similar to the cruise missile BABUR???

NASR is damn fast, does anyone know about its speed?

what is the accuracy of NASR & is it similar to the cruise missile BABUR???

I dont think accuracy of a ballistic missile could be equal to a cruise missile, oh and btw how much launchers will be assigned per division or corps?

Great work Pakistan. But the range is very less. I thought it will be 180 km range.

it will be used to counter enemy armored thrusts and not as a missile to attack cities

and what PHD in missile technology makes you say that?

:blink:

It is the second test dude. And there are rumors that the first one didnt go well.
It is a new system and UNDER TESTING. That makes me say that.

Ripple launches are generally conducted in military exercises by the end user i.e. the ASFC.

:blink:

It is the second test dude. And there are rumors that the first one didnt go well.
It is a new system and UNDER TESTING. That makes me say that.

Ripple launches are generally conducted in military exercises by the end user i.e. the ASFC.

Dude, first test was conducted over a year ago, if that test wasn't successful, i would have expected a second firing within a month or so. As for the ripple delivery....remember this was a test not a display. !!

I'm overjoyed!!! This test included doubled the amount of Missile carried on the previous TeL and triple the range!!

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

I am really very pleased with four tubes and extended ranges. Next goal is six tubes.

It is fast progressing than we expected, super fassst Nasr :)

Pakistan successfully test fires nuclear capable Hatf IX

385738-HatfAFP-1338284989-360-640x480.jpg

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan successfully conducted the test fire of indigenously developed, nuclear capable Hatf IX (NASR) missile, on Tuesday a statement issued by Inter Services Public Relation (ISPR) said.

Hatf IX NASR is a short-range surface to surface multi tube missile. With a range of 60km, it can carry nuclear warheads of appropriate yield, with high accuracy, and possesses shoot and scoot attributes. This quick response system addresses the need to deter evolving threats – especially at shorter ranges.

The test was witnessed by Director General Strategic Plans Division Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (Retd), Chairman NESCOM Irfan Burney, Commander Army Strategic Forces Command Lieutenant General Tariq Nadeem Gilani, senior officers from the strategic forces and scientists and engineers from strategic organisations.

The Director General Strategic Plans Division, Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (Retd), termed the NASR Missile as a weapon of peace. He further stated that the test was a major development which will consolidate Pakistan’s deterrence capability at all levels of the threat spectrum, thereby ensuring peace in the region.

The successful test has also been warmly appreciated by President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani and the chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, who have congratulated the scientists and engineers on their outstanding success.

I am sorry for my ignorance but what is the benefit of four tubes?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom