scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Holy Smoking

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Who is stopping Pakistan's now, Mr. Gilani? :pakistan:

Four tubes mean four missiles. More than the previous TEL.

What Zakii means the benefits, I think the benefits is more warheads (tubes) available make it harder for enemy. It increase enemy to think four times instead two times.

How come only one Missile was fired? Why didn't they show all missiles being launched?

my dear, enemy is general, not India. Let we enjoy this thread, not trolling please. :taz:

With its very very short range (60 kms) its more of a threat to pakistan itself.

I think the idea here is to play the nuclear card on advancing Indian troops without exacting a similar more devastating reply from the Indian side. You see, they intent on lobbing it on enemy troops advancing on Pakistani soil ( at-least this is what i can infer ). Since, nuclear strike is not being carried out on Indian soil, they hope that an Indian retaliation would be avoided and prompt our military planners to order a retreat. If India is the primary focus, Pakistanis are playing an enormous gamble. We have an NFU ( No First Use policy ) not a NUN policy :lol: ( Never Use Nukes ). Any use of nuclear weapons on Indian soil or troops would be construed as an attack on India and will prompt a swift retaliation along the similar lines. Also, the Indian hawks are not likely to recommend holding back anything.

More than the Indian threat, I believe the Pakistanis are developing Nasr to counter possible aggressive maneuver from the United States or the ANA.

Pakistan to test fires new ballistic missile ‘Nasr’ by end of May

NASR.jpg

INP 12 hrs ago | Comments (0)

KARACHI - Pakistan will test fire its new missile “Nasr” by the end of this month and most likely on May 28. The missile with 180 Kilometers range has high degree of accuracy.

According to sources, Pakistan army has completed all its preparation to test fire the nuclear-capable, surface-to-surface ballistic missile “Nasr” on May 28 Monday. The name "Nasr" is an Arabic word meaning "Victory".

‘Nasr can carry nuclear warheads and can hit the target with high accuracy, it is learnt.
“The missile has been developed to add deterrence to Pakistan’s strategic weapons development programme”.

Pakistan to test fires new ballistic missile

Where is 180 kilometers range? :hitwall:

I think the idea here is to play the nuclear card on advancing Indian troops without exacting a similar more devastating reply from the Indian side. You see, they intent on lobbing it on enemy troops advancing on Pakistani soil ( at-least this is what i can infer ). Since, nuclear strike is not being carried out on Indian soil, they hope that an Indian retaliation would be avoided and prompt our military planners to order a retreat. If India is the primary focus, Pakistanis are playing an enormous gamble. We have an NFU ( No First Use policy ) not a NUN policy :lol: ( Never Use Nukes ). Any use of nuclear weapons on Indian soil or troops would be construed as an attack on India and will prompt a swift retaliation along the similar lines. Also, the Indian hawks are not likely to recommend holding back anything.

More than the Indian threat, I believe the Pakistanis are developing Nasr to counter possible aggressive maneuver from the United States or the ANA.

Albeit, it's a nuclear capable weapon but it doesn't has to be launched as such. Armed with cluster bomblets and shoot and scoot capability, it can rain devastation on any aggressor.
As for NFU or NUN or CSGF (Cold Start Gone Frozen) is concerned, when an enemy comes knocking at your door, you don't go into a thinking mode of you may end up in a jail or a hospital. You tend to give him a bloody nose.

I think the photo of two Nasrs sitting side by side in their tubes is carefully put in to send a specific message. Notice the different coloured areas on the nosecones - possibly implying an unconventional as well as the conventional role.

The two missile tubes/canisters at the top do not appear to have any launch rails inside for the NASR - the addition of the two missile tubes might therefore have been primarily for structural testing.

I am still curious about the exact dimensions of the missile (length and diameter), and the maximum warhead size for the suggested range.

I am sorry for my ignorance but what is the benefit of four tubes?
Reduced overall system cost, since you now need one TEL to transport and launch 4 (or more) missiles simultaneously/almost simultaneously, at a target.

The two missile tubes/canisters at the top do not appear to have any launch rails inside for the NASR - the addition of the two missile tubes might therefore have been primarily for structural testing....
My thoughts are along similar lines. But how would you test structural integrity without any load being borne by the top tubes? I think it might just be there to show the future developmental roadmap of the TEL.

...I am still curious about the exact dimensions of the missile (length and diameter), and the maximum warhead size for the suggested range.
The length seems to correspond to that of the AR100, since the same launch truck has been used without any cabin relocation. That puts it to 6.25m. Somebody could measure us out the diameter by ratios.
I'm curious about the throw-weight too. 250kg is my first estimate, assuming the rocket is marginally inferior in performance to the WS2, and the guidance package is more sophisticated and heavier.

Both missiles look different , does it mean they could carry different warheads?

Back
Top Bottom